• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite/Most memorable moment in Subspace Emissary?

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule ,Skyloft, Akaneia, Tellius, Ylisse, Magvel
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
For those who enjoyed Subspace Emissary, whats your favorite part of the Adventure?
I enjoyed it the whole way through when I was younger, but there are some that stick out the most.
When Link and Mario avoided all of those lasers
When the R.O.B.s were killed to set off the bombs
Marth fighting Meta Knight
Ness saving Lucas from Wario
King Dedede hugging Kirby
When Fox meets up with DK/Diddy Kong
When Sonic first appears
and more
Subspace is awesome. Its the only adventure mode in all the Smash games with a story where all the characters interact and try to save/destroy the world. Tabuu was unexpectedly cool.
I wish Smash 4 had a in-depth story mode like Subspace... Imagine all 50+ characters in an epic story... in HD

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
King Dedede ***** slapping Bowser.
The complete absence of Jigglypuff.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Lucario finding Snake on the Halberd.
King Dedede literally knocking some sense into Bowser.

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
First appearance of the Ice Climbers, Snake, ROB, and MG&W.
Lucas and Ness fighting Porky.
The ending and credits of SSE.
Mario and Pit fighting Link and Yoshi.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
For those who enjoyed Subspace Emissary, whats your favorite part of the Adventure?
I enjoyed it the whole way through when I was younger, but there are some that stick out the most.
When Link and Mario avoided all of those lasers
When the R.O.B.s were killed to set off the bombs
Marth fighting Meta Knight
Ness saving Lucas from Wario
King Dedede hugging Kirby
When Fox meets up with DK/Diddy Kong
When Sonic first appears
and more
Subspace is awesome. Its the only adventure mode in all the Smash games with a story where all the characters interact and try to save/destroy the world. Tabuu was unexpectedly cool.
I wish Smash 4 had a in-depth story mode like Subspace... Imagine all 50+ characters in an epic story... in HD

Yeah, it was pretty cool to see all (well, almost all) of the fighters in Smash interact with each other. I think it was a neat way to take advantage of the fact that Smash is a crossover that brings together tons of different characters and universes and I hope we see more stuff like it in the future.

Some of my favorite bits from SSE:
  • Captain Falcon and Captain Olimar meeting up.
  • Fox going from sparring with Sheik to having tea with her and Peach.
  • The scene where everybody takes out the subspace gunship before flying into subspace (with the Hocotate freight ship lagging behind, haha).

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule ,Skyloft, Akaneia, Tellius, Ylisse, Magvel
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
Yeah, it was pretty cool to see all (well, almost all) of the fighters in Smash interact with each other. I think it was a neat way to take advantage of the fact that Smash is a crossover that brings together tons of different characters and universes and I hope we see more stuff like it in the future.

Some of my favorite bits from SSE:
  • Captain Falcon and Captain Olimar meeting up.
  • Fox going from sparring with Sheik to having tea with her and Peach.
  • The scene where everybody takes out the subspace gunship before flying into subspace (with the Hocotate freight ship lagging behind, haha).
haha yes, it was hilarious when Falcon appeared xD

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
One of my favorites is when me and my friend played the jungle level with Donkey and Diddy Kong. If you squint your eyes, it almost looks like you are playing a new DKC game, but Mario enemies for some reason. Remember, this was before DKC Returns, this was the closest we got to a new game.

Thundertron

Smash Rookie
Link drawing the Master Sword, when R.O.B. was conflicted in the bomb factory and the credits when they were all posing an that rock from the song.

Thundertron

Smash Rookie
Link drawing the Master Sword, when R.O.B. was conflicted in the bomb factory and the credits when they were all posing an that rock from the song.
And when Shiek and Star Fox were fightingand P. Peach offered them tea.:sheik:vs.:fox: and:peach: just there... With tea:joyful::halberd:. GO :toonlink::4tlink:

Dan

Smash Lord
When you realize King Dedede is the most important character.

Gridmorpher

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon falcon punching that giga R.O.B. like a boss, Ness's sweet dodge moves against Wario's attacks, Diddy and Donkey literally being the swag overloads of the game from the very beginning, the great reunion of all the characters(even though they apparently have never meet each other before) and my favorite of all is the great invasion when everyone formulates that legendary attack on Bowser's and Ganondorf's ship and the entry into subspace.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
When you realize King Dedede is the most important character.
true, if it wasnt for dedede's badges on ness and luigi everyone woulda died

but i liked the fight as fox & diddy against rayquaza
also the escape from the bomb factory on the blue falcon as you fight ridley

Last edited:

Pikifan4IndigoCobra57

Smash Apprentice
Best moment was something I just encountered accidentally, the floating enemies in one section of the first half of saving fighters, one of them took Lucas's trophy offscreen to the top, where a fighter would get KO'ed. I was playing as Ness here anyway, which made it extra memorable in my eye.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ancient Minister revealing his identity.

Secret characters' intros.

Diddy Kong+Fox and Falco.

Every scene with Peach and Zelda in it.

It was an underrated masterpiece.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Tea time with fox, sheik. And peach
Yoshi’s introduction
Ice climbing race with meta knight
:ultlucario: Pulling snake’s box
Everything with Zelda and peach
Everything with samus and pika
Olimar meeting falcon
Ness airdogeing wario
Mr game and watch everything about him
Link pulling the master sword
Diddy pulling fox behind him

Dan

Smash Lord
That moment when DK was humping ROB (queued up):

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
For the Wrong Reasons:
  • In the "The Lake" stage, there's a mandatory door that starts you off in a pitch black room. The only way you know what to do is that, for a split second, it shows a button you have to U-air in the dark to proceed. This made past me a very unhappy camper the first time through the game.
  • There's a part early in the game (possibly the same level as the one mentioned above) with a sloped rock tunnel. You need to traverse in-and-out of this rock tunnel with a bunch of switch trickery in order to proceed with the level. This section is bull**** because the tunnel is laid down with multiple of those stupid*** enemies that plant them in the ground and command grab you when you get to close and can't be attacked until they pop out of the ground.
  • The Giant Diddy Kong fight can get thrown into Sagittarius A* for all I care.
  • Pretty much any sequence where the game has you play the Pokemon trainer, with the exception of boss fights as you can just spam Charizard's Side-B without worry.
  • Trying to unlock Wolf and Jigglypuff
For the Right Reasons:
  • The Luigi/King Dedede intro cutscene
  • Both of the Ridley cutscenes
  • The Snake intro sequence
  • King Dedede slapping Bowser around
  • Link and Zelda "reviving" Ganondorf
  • Sonic Vetoing Tabuu's Off-Waves before you fight him
Favorite:
  • Finishing off a boss with a fully-charged Neutral-B from Samus (though this is a given ^_^)
  • Everything about the First Ridley Boss Fight

Last edited:

iProdigy101

Smash Apprentice
There are quite a few memorable scenes, but the ones that come at the top of my head is when Link:link2: and Zelda:zelda: team up with Ganondorf:ganondorf:. The other one is Sonic's:sonic: famous intro against Tabuu.

Last edited:
Top Bottom