• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Mario Game! Which Are Yours?

What's your favorite game (s) ?

• Total voters

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
I like quite a lot of the installments in the Mario series. However, my personal favourites include Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Sunshine (all very enjoyable in my opinion). Additionally, I am also a big fan of the Mario Kart and Mario Party games as well.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
My favorites are Super Mario World/64/Galaxy/Galaxy 2, Paper Mario, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 4, and Luigi's Mansion.

D

Deleted member

Super Mario Bros, because it's one of the only games from the 80's that stands the test of time.

MarioFan81

Smash Rookie
Well, I really couldn't vote more than 1(OR COULD I???), however, SMG2 was not there, NSMBW was there, SMS, another favorite, and SMB.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I voted Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, if was truly awesome. :)

I have yet to play Super Mario RPG, I hear it's a great game with Geno and all.

Super Mario 64 is freakin hard, but challenging though.

:phone:

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I liked all of the installments in the series; however, I personally loved SMB 2. Such an under appreciated game and it deserves more love. SMB, SMS and SM64 were also great games as well.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
This.... is..... impossible. I cant choose!! There is not just one that is significantly better, there all so great.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
the kart series is awesome(double dash <3) as was sunshine,64, and Luigis mansion.superstar saga was cool as well.

CelestiBoom

Smash Rookie
In Cappy Town with Kirby, MK and Dedede...
My faves are-
Super Mario 64 (DS Version, there's such thing as that)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (although I added it in the Super Mario Galaxy section...)
Super Paper Mario (Your now thinking I'm a Wii lover... but hey, great game. The Underhands and Mimi (The boss battle in 2-4, btw) still freak me out :O (I have completed the game, kicked End Bosses *** and smacked Wracktail's antenna around, got Dashell, maxed out the money counter and bought Tiptron... completed almost every Fleep map, got all DS cards, etc.)

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Super Mario World wins in my books. I love a ton of the games, but there is only one true #1.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The Best Mario Games top 6 in my opinion:
6. Super Mario World
5. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Super Mario 64
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Paper Mario
1. Paper Mario TTYD

Wost Mario Game: Sunshine No, Super Paper Mario

My faves are-
Super Mario 64 (DS Version, there's such thing as that)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (although I added it in the Super Mario Galaxy section...)
Super Paper Mario (Your now thinking I'm a Wii lover... but hey, great game. The Underhands and Mimi (The boss battle in 2-4, btw) still freak me out :O (I have completed the game, kicked End Bosses *** and smacked Wracktail's antenna around, got Dashell, maxed out the money counter and bought Tiptron... completed almost every Fleep map, got all DS cards, etc.)
I pity you. You must have never played the real Paper mario games if you like Super Paper Mario. I actually need to change what I think is worst in my post now...

cpm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cpm001
3DS FC
0705-4380-2066
Switch FC
sw-0519-8110-5525
new super mario bros wii mario party 8 and mario kart wii.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Wow, all the hate on Sunshine and Super Paper Mario, not digging it.

If Super Paper Mario didn't have "Paper Mario" in it, people would probably like it more. :\

That aside, my favorite is Super Mario World, it's just so much fun to play.

BlueStar03

Smash Cadet
Hard to choose just one, the first four are classic, as is SMB64. I also really liked Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario and Mario Sunshine.

Jakor

Smash Ace
My favorite Mario game is Super Mario Bros. 3. That game is flawless. Excellent levels, challenging, great music, nice items and power-ups. I prefer it over SMW because I think it has a tad more diversity in the worlds and levels.

Ninja in Overalls

Smash Apprentice
Hotel Mario of course! ... wait what?

But seriously though super Mario 64 ( not ds version wtf that sucked) was probably the best game ever made, it needs more hype! Wayyy better than galaxy.

Also really enjoyed ttyd as well though.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
I loved super mario 3, 64, sunshine, and Land 2 a lot. Those games were altogether hours of fun for me. (Actually I have yet to beat any of them but I'm really far in 3.)

PeachPit

Smash Rookie
I love the Paper Mario series. Anything in Paper Mario is my favorite by far, but I think I like Paper Mario 2 especially.
Mario Kart is also very fun

Leaf Storm

Smash Rookie
I'm more of a classic junkie so any Mario game up to Super Mario Sunshine are my favorite games.

My all time favorite Mario game is Super Mario World. I like the Advance SP version, even though it's different controls. I just finish a save file and start over again, that's how much I enjoy the game. :D

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Really!? Super Mario 64 is the popular? Pfft. Atleast Super Mario World is 2nd.
and WHERE is Super Mario Galaxy 2!? That game was amazing!
Also Paper Mario:TTYD is clearly the best Paper Mario.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Ooh, well, let's see. I think my favorite retro Mario game would have to be Super Mario World, since it and SMB3 are the only Retro Marios I actually completed :/

3D Mario fave would be a THREE WAY TIE between SMG2, SM64 and Sunshine. (that's like all the 3d mario games omg)

Jet300

Smash Ace
New super mario bros wii: The was good and I enjoyed multiplayer mode
Super mario 64: I love this game so much. I played this since I was a kid and I still play today. Mario kart 64: My cousins use to have this game, so they gave it to me and I played. Its like one of the only mario kart games I actually like.

Super mario galaxy: I've playing this game since december 2009. I usually play the manly because of luigi. super mario sunshine: I played alot when I use to have it. I wish I could play it to remember the old times when I was a kid. Too bad I lost it. :(

joY

Pot splitter
Super Mario: Legend of the Seven Stars.

I've played through that game soooo many times now. It's still the only Mario game that I go back to on my old consoles.

Shirekeldeo7

Smash Cadet
Mine is Super mario galaxy 1
All mario kart games except super mario kart
Paper Mario and the thousand year door
Mario and Luigi partners in time

Posted from Smashboards.com App for Android

Insom

Smash Apprentice
Super Mario Sunshine is underrated. Or is it still? I don't know. Regardless, It's my favorite Mario game on the gamecube.

My second favorite for the gamecube is Paper Mario: The Thousand Years of Backtracking. Seriously, there is a lot of backtracking.

Superstar saga is my favorite Gameboy Mario game, and my favorite turn-based strategy game ever.
Luigi does funny things that make me chuckle.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I've never played a game as perfect as Super Mario Galaxy.....
until Super Mario Galaxy 2!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well I voted for Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Mario Sunshine, Bowser's Inside Story, New Super Mario Bros. DS and the Mario Kart series. But I will say one thing, looking at this poll reminds me to play Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga and Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door.

Top Bottom