• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Mario Game! Which Are Yours?

What's your favorite game (s) ?

• Total voters

BluePSI

Smash Champion
NNID
BluePSI
super mario RPG, Mario kart, super mario 64, paper mario, super paper Mario, mario and Luigi, bowsers inside story and finnaly new super mario bros wii are my favs :3

Shiva

Smash Rookie
Definitely Super Mario World, Partners in Time, and Mario Galaxy 2.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
4th, 3rd, and 2nd, in no particular order:

Super Mario Bros.3
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door

But the first on my list is Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. It brought the perfect amount of the classic Mario feel, kept the play value up with its humor and vibrant design, and possessed a battle system that I have simply adored since I first played it. Nothing is really amiss in this game, and I still enjoy playing it to this day.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
My favorites are Super mario Bros. 3, Super Mario 64, Super Mario World, and Mario Kart 64.
They were always and will always be great, fun games. :)

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
1-Super Mario Bros. 3
2-Super Mario World
3-Super Mario Bros.

Extra: Super Mario RPG, i love this game, is one of the best snes games.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Mario Party 3, Mario Kart 64.

The best of the best, would have voted Super Star Saga if I actually played it.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
1, 2 (JPN and USA), 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 2, Paper, TTYD, Super Paper, Kart DS, Double Dash!!, Tennis 64, Toadstool Tour. But I love practically every Mario game to date with very few exceptions.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I just noticed I forgot to put down Paper Mario 1 and 2. Let's just pretend that didn't happen. :040:

Kingbuilder

Smash Rookie
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Super Mario 64
4. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
5. Paper Mario

I'm definitely suprised that Galaxy isn't the top voted game. Ah well, it's still good that 64 is getting it's appreciation. ;P

BSP

Smash Legend
Thousand year door was so good, I'm glad to see it's in one of the top spots.

Mario Parties need a little more credit though.

mizujin

Smash Cadet
It was a hard choice between Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Paper Mario: TTYD.
Chose Super Mario World in the end because it was my first ever video game.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
(Multy players)
1. Mario Kart 64
2. Mario Parties
(Single)
3. Mario World
4. Mario Land
imo Super Mario 64 is tooooo boring, I wouldn't stand finishing that game again.

Evil Iggy

Smash Cadet
1. Super Mario 64
2. Super Mario 3
3. Super Mario World
4. Mario Kart 64 (ONLY multiplayer battles)
5. Paper Mario TTYD

There's something so satisfying about running through Mario 64 in 20 minutes. It's definitely my favorite. Galaxy 1 and 2 were clever, and the music was fantastic, but it just moved too slowly to be any real fun. And, well, who DOESN'T love a good multiplayer battle on MK 64? It's the only game where you can actually jump over red and green shells. That's pretty epic.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I'm shocked and appalled there aren't more votes for Super Mario Sunshine or Paper Mario or even Super Mario World

what's wrong with you people

those are seriously the 3 greatest games of all time

seriously

rajusohi1

Smash Rookie
My favorite games are :-
Max Payne 2
Call of duty MW 2
Battlefield 1942
Burnout Paradise City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I HAD to vote for Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door.
Simply my favorite Mario game next to Super Mario 64 and behind that Mario parties 1-4.

UltyBomber77

Smash Cadet
Super Mario Bros. 3 and Mario World were really addicting imo. I've replayed them MANY times.
64's level design was simply amazing.
I loved the unique feel Paper Mario had and its battle system, enemies, and overworld.
Gotta give props to the first Mario&Luigi just because it had those Bros. Attacks.

I loved most of the Mario games, but out of all of them, these were probably the most enjoyable for me.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Super Mario 3 was my favorite Mario game :p
I played it so much when I was a kid and still do

vjukumar1

Smash Rookie
According me these are the best time
Super Mario
Super Mario Bros 1
Super Mario bros 2

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
For sure Super Mario 64. The sheer number of shortcuts and glitches in the game give every level and puzzle hundreds of solutions, rather than just a linear path to the star. Plus, speedruns of this game are absolutely insane.

thomaspaul

Smash Rookie
I am fan of Mario game. My favorite Mario game is Super Mario Bros 3. i am playing this game with my Brother.

snow toilet

Smash Rookie
i always liked how super mario bros. 3 was the first game that used the world map.

smw's was a little better though, making every level accessible after completion. the koopalings i think were the best part about smb3 and smw, as well as the mini bosses. great designs if i must say.
the enemies introduced as well as their designs were another great part about smw and smb3.

paper mario was definitely one of my favorite rpgs of all time. the graphics are what always kept me playing honestly. story was alrite, but the gameplay was excellent.

Ultimatium

Smash Rookie
I voted on Mario 64 - by far my favourite Mario game of all time. Also, SMS is following closely on a second, and Mario Galaxy, well I'm yet to play it, but I'm looking very forward to it, it does look pretty cool from what I've seen so far.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
I'm an old-school gamer, so I have a soft spot especially for SMB3, SMW, and SMW2:YI. The day they release that last game on Virtual Console will be a great day for me indeed.

Later this year, I plan to play through all the main Mario platforming games in a lengthy marathon. Then I'll be able to compare the likes of SM64, SMG, and NSMBW with the original series on NES and SNES.

Ultimatium

Smash Rookie
Mine has got to be Mario 64, with SMS on a close second. I haven't played Mario Galaxy yet.

just6586

Smash Rookie
I used to think that it was tied between SMB3 and SMW, but after I started playing both of them again, I feel like SMW is without equal. They're obviously all very good, but SMW just feels the best/brings up the best memories/etc. I'm actually surprised SMB3 is only third, I though it was head over heels the most popular...

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I went with SMB3. My favorite Mario Level of all time is in that game and it's the one where you are running through the desert trying to dodge the sun coming at you. I have no idea why I like that level this much. All the worlds were creatively done as well and just got more and more challenging. I still have yet to beat World 8 without using a P-Wing. I should attempt this sometime.

I'm not into the 3D games. I never could get into Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Galaxy. I just get bored after awhile. I find this also with MegaMan and DK64. I'm amazed the 3D games received as many votes as they have so far. I guess I don't understand what makes these soo good. I will admit though I enjoyed Mario Sunshine.

As for the RPG's those were hard not to vote for. Legend of the Seven Stars is a Classic. I wish we got 3 votes overall lol.

Top Bottom