• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Favorite Mario Boss/MiniBoss?

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Admit it, we all love the boss fights, and the Mario series provides plenty of creative bosses.

Personally, my favorite are the Koopalings. Lord knows where they came from, but they're all insane, and awsum.

My favorite Koopaling is Larry. Gotta love that hair XD.

Fave Miniboss: Jr. Troopa

UberMario

Smash Master
Boss: Big Bad Baby Bowser (SMW2)

Mini-Boss: the Shadow Mario chases (SMS)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Eyerok

This boss scared me as a kid. Firstly, playing the game as a six year old was like nothing I'd ever played in my life. Boo's Mansion was an auto-haunt and I was honestly terrified of it, but this boss within a treacherous pyramid (I had an affinity for Egypt, pyramids, and mummies, so I took a certain knowledge of the field into this stage), I felt Eyerok was an undead being, like the ghost of a mummy inhabited these stone hands, so it had this strange edginess that scared me even more than the Boos and Boo's Mansion.

Now I realize how Zeldaesque this boss is and I love it even more.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I always loved fighting Bowser in his Koopa Clown Car in SMW. It was just, funny. The evil looking fire, Peach freaking out, the Car getting angry. :laugh:

As for mini-bosses...I don't know if this counts but any of the O'Chunks fights because they were ALSO funny (I don't know if I'd put that under boss so..).

Beware the Jabberwocky

Smash Apprentice
The dreaded, most feared creature of my childhood (Only slightly exaggerated and really stupid): Cloud N' Candy from Yoshi's Story!

... I remember this being the easiest piece of **** I've ever had to fight. I think the only reason why I kind of like this boss was because back when I was a creepy little child, I used to think of Yoshi as a pet: and I always pretend to feed and water him in the game even when it wasnt all that necessary. And Cloud N' Candy was the smorgasbord treat at the end of the day.

But I would honestly say that my favorite boss is also one of my favorite little enemies in the Mario games: The Blooper.

He ranges from being a tiny little squid nuisance to a super-powered sludge-vomiting Kraken! And he's always so delightfully disgusting. He's a lovely monster.

Spire

III
BRoomer
... I remember this being the easiest piece of **** I've ever had to fight. I think the only reason why I kind of like this boss was because back when I was a creepy little child, I used to think of Yoshi as a pet: and I always pretend to feed and water him in the game even when it wasnt all that necessary. And Cloud N' Candy was the smorgasbord treat at the end of the day.
I was the same way actually. I even wrote a song for Yoshi on the piano when I was 8, granted it was a compositional horror, but it's the thought that counts... right? I had a plush Yoshi and treasured it like a little girl might treat a Barbie. I can't believe I acted that way.

T-block

B2B TST
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ubQbUtek9l4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ubQbUtek9l4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

YEEAAAHHHHH

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
+rep Spire, yet again. Eyerok was the ****. What a great tip off to an already atmospheric bunch of fun Indiana Jonesery s/he/it/they was/were.

For mini-bosses, the Shadow Mario chases in SMS that I played were definitely fun as hell.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
+rep Spire, yet again. Eyerok was the ****. What a great tip off to an already atmospheric bunch of fun Indiana Jonesery s/he/it/they was/were.

For mini-bosses, the Shadow Mario chases in SMS that I played were definitely fun as hell.
They have a bunch of levels like these in Galaxy. They're super fun.

As a whole, the boss fights in Galaxy are way way wayyyyy too easy. Bowser is a total joke every fight.

My favorite bosses/minibosses tend to be from Mario 2. Mouser, Birdo, the Hydra thing, Wart, the floating bird head door thing, etc. They're all great fun

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I loved all the Paper Mario Bosses and Mini-Bosses.

They always gave them the funniest dialogue.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Mr. L is currently my favorite boss, (mostly because of his two battle songs), as for mini boss, I'll say Bouldergeist.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
But I would honestly say that my favorite boss is also one of my favorite little enemies in the Mario games: The Blooper.

He ranges from being a tiny little squid nuisance to a super-powered sludge-vomiting Kraken! And he's always so delightfully disgusting. He's a lovely monster.
haha I didn't realize and adorable and awesome blooper was until now. I'd totally use this as an avatar if Menounderwater wasn't so well known for having a blooper avi >:[

Also, I want one irl. It'd be the best.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Too many to list, haha.

Lava Piranha from Paper Mario. Always been one of my favorites.

Any and all Bowser fights in Galaxy. Gets my heart racing every time. :p

Jr. Trooper is the ultimate causer of lulz.

Dimentio is COOL, Mr. L is awesome. He's Luigi, but... evil. 8D

About everyone could say the same thing here, but I'll do it anyway: the final Bowser battle in SM64 scared the hell out of me as a kid. :C

Shök

Smash Champion
-The Crystal King from PP64.

-Any of the Bowser fights in SMG. (The music is too good. :p)

-The final Bowser fight in SM64.

-Count Bleck. (Bleck!)

-Dimentio.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Battling the Cloud Boss in Paper Mario on N64 was fun. I hated that world but the boss was fun. Axem Rangers were smashing as well.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Every single matchup in Chapter 3: Of Glitzville and Glory of Paper Mario: TTYD.

Including Rawk Hawk. Especially Rawk Hawk.

I thought the Dragon siblings (aside from Hooktail) were all pretty legit, too.

-Terywj

UberMario

Smash Master
Sirena Beach, it's from the first level of the stage, The Manta Storm, and is called Phantamanta.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

Crystal King, Smorg, Phantamanta, Sluggy the Unshaven, Hookbill the Koopa, Raphael the Raven, Koopa Bros, and Jr. Troopa get honorable mentions.

Naval Piranha too, since Nintendo actually programmed the ability to cheat in that fight.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

The cake (aka Bundt) from Super Mario RPG.

"Zee cake, eetz alive!"

urdailywater

Smash Hero

Just so awesome as a boss. But it's probably just his music for the most part. I dunno.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Wiggler's grown on me.

He seems nice, but underneath that is a murderous worm out to kill..

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Sirena Beach, it's from the first level of the stage, The Manta Storm, and is called Phantamanta.
Ahh. I remember what you're talking about now. I found that Phantamanta wasn't so bad, once you split him up the first time. Then I just camped by the water and hovered.

-Terywj

S

smash brawl player 99021

Bowser Memory M and Bowser Memory L. Probably some of the most unique (and nostalgic) attacks I've ever seen.

Gamer10

Smash Rookie
Bowser can be a favorite for any mario fan, but there are SO MANY, I can think right now. Ill post later.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Bowser Memory M and Bowser Memory L. Probably some of the most unique (and nostalgic) attacks I've ever seen.
First off, nice profile pic, GO BRUINS!!!
[/offtopic]
Doopliss, Kingfin, Mr. L, Cortez
I'm a big Paper Mario fan :laugh:

NathaN 17

Smash Cadet
Boss: Bowser in SMG.
Mini Boss: The 3 Shadow sirens from Paper Mario TTYD Vivian, Beldam, and I couldn't remember the last one.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Boss: Topmaniac (wish he comes back in a new Mario game but more dangerous and upgraded)
Mini Boss: Boom Boom (didn't mind fighting him in Super Mario Land on 3DS)

Top Bottom