• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Link video & your thoughts on Young Link

kingPiano

Smash Ace
I've played Link on and off ever since I started with Melee on both a casual and competitive level. I'm just now trying to actually progress with the character to use him in matchups that my other characters find difficult. Usually I stay away from watching too many videos because I think it inhibits my creativity and discovery with the character and as a viewer I'd end up copying other's styles and strategies too much (becoming predictable).

But nonetheless I was wondering what is your all time favorite Link match you've seen/watched (or perhaps even played in). If it's not recorded you can describe it, though of course I prefer to see the match. My favorite player has always been Germ, he's not optimal or even super technical but he plays very confidently and always seems to have fun with the character: TNE - Germ v Tai is probably my favorite Link match I've seen (obvious I know).

And I was wondering what all of your thoughts are on YL in comparison. I think overall he is far more viable and that seems to be reflected by pros like Axe and Armada using him for niche matchups, but personally I prefer Link just for his amazing grounded Up-B, stronger moves, and longer Hookshot. YL's Bombs, Boomerang, Arrows, mobility, and recovery Up-B seem far better. It's just personal preference for me.

Last edited:

Icyo

Smash Ace
I feel like YL is much nicer for floaties. He doesn't combo fast fallers like Link does.

Top Bottom