• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite K. Rool Move(s)

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
Pick a move from K. Rool’s moveset that is your most favorite.

What do you like about it? What does the move mean to K. Rool in competitive Smash? What does the move mean to you and if it’s a reference to a DK game you like or grew up with?

If you are having a tough time picking one move, you can at least list some of them altogether that are your favorites!

My most favorite move is the Blunderbuss if I had to pick one, other moves I also like the Crownerang, Propeller, Gut Check, Boxing Glove (Forward Smash), Down Aerial, Back Aerial, and Down Throw moves. The Blunderbuss is a reference to DKC 2 (My all-time favorite DK game with the original DKC being my other favorite). Whenever you go to the Neutral B move, you can feel King K. Rool letting his pirate side out of him (Kaptain K. Rool) as he gets out his Blunderbuss. Now that Blunderbuss got major improvements in the newest patch, it’s become more reliable than it ever was before. It is honestly really hard to pick just one move; K. Rool’s portrayal in this game is the most amazing thing I have ever seen in Super Smash Bros. history!

Oh yeah, it’s also fitting to mention the Blunderbuss since today is the 24th year anniversary of DKC 2.

Edit: Yesterday was the 24th year anniversary of DKC 2. Today is the 25th year anniversary of DKC and the DKC franchise. Happy Anniversary everyone!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mine is the Blunderbuss followed closely by crown toss. Also really like his Argentine Backbreaker down throw.

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
Yeah.

The way K. Rool plunges his opponent into the ground is truly a thing of beauty. Who doesn’t love his down throw, especially when the opponent has a damage percentage that is at least at 126%.

Last edited:

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
Back air. I’m not that great at it... but love the huge payoff of the spike and the animation is perfect

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
have i at any point in the last two years mentioned how fantastic i think k.rool's final smash is?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I love his down tilt
Not only is it good but it allows K Rool players to be creative in their punishes

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
The Down Tilt bury...is godlike. That is my all time favorite move. At higher % I always toss in the Side Smash... It never gets old... Just beautiful. :)

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
F-tilt is MEATY to hit. Hits like a truck, good animation, safe, 2-frames, anti-air, belly armor… what’s not to love!

Top Bottom