• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Characters to Fight

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I decided to start this thread as a parallel to the other thread about which characters you dislike encountering the most, except as the opposite. What characters do you like fighting the most, and why?

:ultfalcon: - Whenever I run into Captain Falcon, it seems like half the match ends up with us trying to kill each other off-stage. It always ends up being a really intense match, and I like Captain Falcon as a character so fighting him is always fun. His moves seem fair, straight-forward, intense, and fun to play around as his opponent. I like working around his off-stage presence and trying to kill him while he's off the platform coming after me, but one slip and I'm spiked, hit against the stage, or dead by the knee. He's by far one of my favorites to run into.

:ultchrom: :ultike: :ultroy: :ultmarth: :ultlucina: - I do very much enjoy fighting all the Fire Emblem swordsmen. I find their movesets to not be annoying or difficult to deal with. They lack projectiles, which makes the fight all about melee attacking and defending. It feels like an upfront fight. I enjoy fighting against these characters.

:ultganondorf: - I like trying to gimp his recovery, and (if they aren't laggy), I find Ganondorf really fun to fight. His moves hit so hard and it always feels really scary and intense, knowing one slip means you've lost your stock.

:ultkrool: :ultbowser: :ultdk: I enjoy fighting the heavy, big characters. They're fun to try and combo, and, in general, I find heavies to be fun to fight for similar reasons to why I enjoy fighting Ganon. I can string a bunch of hits together against them, but they can return that back to me in a couple hits.

:ulthero: - I'll surely get people disagreeing on this one, but I actually like fighting Hero. He feels pretty easy to combo and it feels meaty to attack him and string hits on him, and a lot of his moves grant openings for grabs and stuff, and I find him standing still a lot. I also find him to be a very mechanically interesting character, and enjoy trying to work around his immerse toolkit.

What characters do you enjoy fighting the most?

Last edited:

Fenrir-Bolt

Banned via Warnings
I found the sword fighters really enthralling and the matches with them are all really thrilling, but that’s just with a high level CPU setting, like on hard mode. It’s funny the matches just flow so well and feel like really sword battles but also somehow more even and fair? It’s based on more technical prowess but then the other characters, link I somehow in between but it feels just random and chaotic, like there’s huge explosions and all this other random stuff going on. I guess the Fire Emblem characters are sorta my favourite to battle just in general, they’re not so over the top.

Last edited:

thegreyone

Smash Rookie
as a bowser main easily my favorite character to fight is ice climbers. it may sound kinda mean but It's such a power trip fighting such a disadvantaged character in such a crushingly bad matchup. nana is just so fun to toss around like a rag doll and using her play mind games with popo is also pretty enjoyable. bowser just abuses them and his tough guy deletes like 3 of their options from existence. the icing on the top is being able to cripple their entire character and forcing the opponent to limp around the stage as sopo in a permanent impotent disadvantaged state

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I think there was a poll about this on Reddit in the past year or something, and most of the top picks were the same ones I'm inclined to say: big guys. Bowser, Dedede, DK, K. Rool, even Ridley. The most frustrating opponents for me by far are Pichu and Squirtle, the tiny ones who can stand at full height and not get jabbed. It's so frustrating to miss blow after blow on a tiny opponent, and so satisfying to be able to land every move you attempt on a big hurtbox.

I say this with my mains being Ganondorf and Bowser. A heavy versus heavy match is by far the most fun for me. It's a slugfest. I don't want to chase some rat around the stage until I land one hit and KO the thing.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I think there was a poll about this on Reddit in the past year or something, and most of the top picks were the same ones I'm inclined to say: big guys. Bowser, Dedede, DK, K. Rool, even Ridley. The most frustrating opponents for me by far are Pichu and Squirtle, the tiny ones who can stand at full height and not get jabbed. It's so frustrating to miss blow after blow on a tiny opponent, and so satisfying to be able to land every move you attempt on a big hurtbox.

I say this with my mains being Ganondorf and Bowser. A heavy versus heavy match is by far the most fun for me. It's a slugfest. I don't want to chase some rat around the stage until I land one hit and KO the thing.
I salute you, fellow main of the heavies. Ganon and Bowser are the two characters I play most frequently, other than Ridley. I get so excited when I run into them online tbh.

Rᴀᴍᴇɴ

Smash Rookie
I find fighting Ice Climbers to be fun. It's really satisfying splitting them apart. The hard work really pays off. I also like seeing Ice Climbers players pull off amazing d-syncs. I can never get mad when I get destroyed by a d-synced combo because you can tell that the player worked hard to pull it off.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Peach - despite her being solid, it's rare to find a really good one online.

Pac man - I don't even know if Pac mains know what they're doing sometimes. Your hydrant has benefited me almost an equal number of times.

Belmonts - Your zoning is completely justified with a recovery like that. You're quite technical to use effectively, and it's satisfying breaking through your wall of defense/offense.

Doctor Mario - Honestly, I just think he's a cooler version of Mario, who's just more fun to use/fight. Respect.

Ridley (mirror matches) - Two Ridley's trying to style on one another is the greatest Kaiju battle this game has to offer. Zard and DK mirrors or a close second.

Ganondorf - Live by the Doriyah... die by the Doriyah. Fighting him is like a boss battle every time. King of disrespect.

Incineroar - see: Ganondorf. But he's additionally a wrestling cat.

Hero - His jank is a double edged sword, but he's literally shenanigans: the character. He has a very large moveset and can be played in a variety of ways.

Top Bottom