• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Character Archetype

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
What’s your favorite character archetype; which type of character do you prefer playing as in Smash? Do you prefer the Rushdown Archetype, the Projectile Archetype, or the Heavy Archetype character? Do you like characters that are good zoners, good edge guarders, characters that are good at combos, fast and mobile characters, or defensive characters that bait and choose the right time to strike?

I personally like trying out each different type there is, but recently I have grown fond of the heavy character. So yeah, if I had to pick a type I like, it’s the heavy.

I appreciate heavy characters since they need more love. I know some players are more comfortable with the rush-around-and-combo character, but some of us like me love the big boys!

I like superheavies like King K. Rool.

I also like rushdown characters like Fox, Falco, and Wolf.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Heavies. They're fun to mess around with and excel at mindgames. It's entertaining to watch my opponent get frustrated trying to kill me, since heavies have unbeatable survivability. They're overall lack of speed means they can get bodies by fighters like Joker but I can live with that.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I really like mobility-based characters like Joker. They’re my favorite to watch. Rushdown characters like the Roy Boys are a close second, though.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Spacies, so I like speed based, technical characters.:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:

Also a big fan of zoners/trappers, as I pocket both :ultduckhunt::ultpiranha: and starting to have fun with :ultrichter:.

Hedgehugs

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7897-0445-8488
Whatever character I have a personal connection to is my archetype.

Top Bottom