• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite band, Artist, Rapper.

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Why not rap?

Rap is so beautiful.... check out outkast B.o.b thier my favortie rappers.

Trust me I listen to EVERYTHING!

Mainstream rap is gay though....

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Before I post can I get a clarification, for "Rapper" can we put a group down or does it have to be a single person.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, I only have a band. My favorite band is Chicago. Not the later sappy pop Chicago, but the early Chicago that was more jazz rock.rock. That Chicago rocks, and nothing can ever beat them, IMO.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
band: streetlight manifesto, indk/morning glory/choking victim/leftover crack, mischief brew, last martyrs of a lost cause

rapper¦ sage francis, immortal technique

artist¦ vincent van gough

Punkzors

Smash Cadet
Favorite artists: The Beatles, SNSD, Nujabes
Favorite rappers: Lupe, Kid Cudi, Cyne (rapping to Nujabes songs), Cise Starr (rapping to Nujabes songs too), and CL Smooth

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
Band: Gnarls Barkley, Daft Punk, the go! team
Rapper: Lupe Fiasco, Common, D12, MF Doom

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
Band: The Beatles followed very closely by Led Zeppelin
Artist: John Lennon, David Bowie, Paul Simon
Rapper: Immortal Technique, I guess?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
There are severaly artist I love, few bands and lots' of rappers so let me break it down to who they come to:

Favorire Band: Beastie Boys/ S.U.C.

Favorite Artist: Paul Waul

Favorite Rapper: Z-Ro (ultimate rapper, trust me.)
Lil' Wayne is overrated.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yes Will. YES. I think at this point, I've fallen in love with you.

Favorite group: Epik High.
Favorite artist: Tablo.
Favorite rapper: Tablo.

;D

All this hate towards rap is kinda disheartening. Rap doesn't have to be about *****es and cash people!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
There is no way I can name just one. Especially the bands section...there are simply too many awesome bands to consider.

Favourite Band(s): Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dream Theater, Jamiroquai, Billy Talent, Avenged Sevenfold, Sublime, The Roots, Rage Against the Machine etc etc etc
Artist(s): K-Os, DJ Deckstream (many many many others)
Rapper(s): Common, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Nas

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Bands: A Day To Remember, The Pillows, Alesana, Attack Attack, blessthefall, Breathe Carolina, Bring me the Horizon,D12, Cameo, The Architects (UK), Escape The Fate, The Devil Wears Prada,I Set My Friends On Fire, Young Love, The Killers, Sky Eats Airplane, The Offspring, Earth Wind and Fire, Zapp and Rojer.
Artists: Never Shout Never, Zion, the Opera singers who Sang Lilium for Elfen Lied
Rappers: Obie Trice, Eminem, Xzibit, Too $hort, Pitbull,Mac Mall, DJ Quick, Cypriss Hill.

Sarayu

Smash Rookie
Artists I'm not too sure about because their are certain songs from an artist I absolutely love and others from the same artist that don't appeal to me. I also consider their meaning and purpose of being a band in the first place as well as their impact on the lives of their fans.

That said, I'd have to go with All That Remains and Skillet. They top because they seem to have either the most songs I like or the greatest meaning behind their purpose of being together and making such songs. That is what I find most defining.

Artist...well, I'd have to go with a Japanese singer named Lia with her song dubbed Toki wo Kizamu Uta. Some of the most powerful melodies I've ever heard in my life <3

...And I'm not much into Rap. But if I had to choose I'd say either Fort Minor (actually like some of his songs--in a sense anyways) and tobyMac.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Band: Porcupine Tree
Artist: Trent Reznor (since NIN is a one man band anyway)
Rapper: Don't really like any rap

TPFvyse

Smash Rookie
Bands: Coheed & Cambria, Between The Buried And Me, Modest Mouse, The National, Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster, Fleet Foxes, Sigur Ros, HORSE The Band
Artists: Devendra Banhart, Antony & The Johnsons, Bjork

Aristotle13

Smash Rookie
Band(s): Scar Symmetry, Zao, Disciple, Judas Priest, Van Halen
Artist(s): Johnny Cash, Devin Townsend, Eric Clapton, John Petrucci, Jimi Henrix
Rapper(s): Zack de la Rocha, Run DMC, The Beastie Boys

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Band: The Beatles
Artist: Joe Satriani
Rapper: Jay-Z

My musical taste varies a lot. I listen to just about everything and if I listed all my favorite artists/songs I could probably cover just about every genre.

Also, I really came up with the stuff I said off the top of my head. Joe's the only solo artist I could think of at the moment and he really is one of my favorite artists and one of my favorite guitarists, but I probably have someone else I'm forgetting right now >_<

The Beatles, well, they're the Beatles.

Although I think I can say with certainty that Jay-Z is my favorite rapper.

Top Bottom