• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite and Least Favorite Final Smashes?

Arthur97

Smash Master
Just kinda bored so thought I'd go through my potentials and ask about others. I'll be going by entry, but mostly basing them off the current versions if it has changed.

Smash 64:

Favorite: Mario. Perhaps a shock to many, but I don't hate it. It does a big part of what Final Smashes should do, and that's look cool. It's also not as bad as people make it out to be if you know how to use it.
Honorable Mention: Luigi. Luigi's does the other thing they should do, and that's actually honor their abilities. Plus, it's a fairly unique FS to boot, and all around fits him far better than the original one.

Least Favorite: Link. I don't really care for the BotW redesign, not to mention how underwhelming it is in spectacle and even effectiveness for how small it is.
Dishonorable Mention: Jigglypuff. Yeah, it's not as bad as people make it out to be...in Ultimate, but it can still be one of the most underwhelming in the series.

Melee:

Favorite: Roy. Nothing too special here, but, again, I think it looks cool and it's a nice homage to his special critical hit animation from his home game.
Honorable Mention: Zelda. It's ludicrously powerful and has a better spectacle than Light Arrows. A fun time...if you're using it.

Least Favorite: Okay, I'm going to go and blanket statement here that most if not all lazy reuses of one are low on the list. I know a lot of them functionally are quite similar, but then you have blatant clones such as Falco, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Lucina, Wolf, Triforce Slash, Isabelle, and Lucas'. So, I'll get that out of the way. Though of all of them, my least favorite is from Smash 4's roster being Lucina's. Mainly cause I actually really like Lucina, but she kinda got shafted.
Dishonorable Mention: Mr. Game & Watch. Lack spectacle and effectiveness at least against a good masher.

Brawl:

Favorite: I might go Ike here. Not quite as sure, but it just looks cool to me. Call me easily impressed if you must.
Honorable Mention: King Dedede. Some people might hate cinematics, but as far as they go, I do like seeing masked Dedede complete with the hammer.

Least Favorite: Sonic. What did they do to you? Going from the best to one of the worst. Super Sonic in Ultimate is just kind of pathetic.
Dishonorable Mention: Pit. Mostly due to the change. Why go from the Three Sacred Treasures to...that?

Smash 4:

Favorite: Shulk. Cloud's may look cooler, but I like that they added Fiora even if it really annoys some people.
Honorable Mentions: Admittedly, Cloud's might should be on the top, but oh well.

Least Favorite: Robins. It was fine...in Smash 4, but now that Chrom is playable I wish they would have changed him out for the matching Morgans or just changed it entirely.
Dishonorable Mention: Bayonetta.

Ultimate:

Favorite: Pyra. I wanted Rex as the fighter admittedly, but at least he's more involved than Chrom. I do rather like him and Pyra getting to do their move.
Honorable Mention: Kink K. Rool. My previous top spot for Ultimate newcomers. I just love how over the top and brutal it is.

Least Favorite: Simon/Richter.
Dishonorable Mention: Min Min.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
  • Jungle Rush
  • Stampede
  • Ultra Sword
  • Team Star Fox
  • Poltergust G-00
  • Peach Blossom
  • Giga Bowser Punch
  • Triforce of Wisdom
  • Ganon, the Demon King
  • Psytrike
  • Critical Hit (Roy)
  • Awakening Aether
  • Covering Fire
  • Great Aether
  • Triple Finish
  • Dede-Rush
  • End of Day
  • Aura Storm
  • Guided Robo Beam
  • Mega Legends
  • Wii Fit
  • Grand Star
  • Secret Ninja Attack
  • Black Hole Laser
  • Super PAC-MAN
  • Pair Up
  • Chain Attack
  • NES Zapper Posse
  • Ryu's Final Smashes
  • Shippu Jinraikyaku
  • Omnislash Ver. 5
  • Infernal Climax
  • Plasma Scream
  • Blast-o-matic
  • Max Malicious Moonsault
  • Petey Piranha
  • All-Out Attack
  • Gigaslash
  • The Mighty Jinjonator
  • Triple Wolf
  • House of Boom
  • Supernova
  • Sealing the Keyhole
  • Ancient Bow & Arrow
  • Daisy Blossom (compared to Peach)
  • Dr. Finale
  • Triforce Slash (Young Link)
  • Octopus
  • Darkness Illusion
  • Lightning Chariot (at least its assignment to Pit)
  • Hyper Rocketbarrel
  • Dark Pit Staff
  • Super Sonic
  • Shinryuken
  • Killer Wail
  • Progenitor God Ruptured Heaven
  • Any former transformation that was reduced to a Blue Falcon wannabe
  • Mario Finale
  • Zero Laser or Phazon Laser
  • Volt Tackle
  • PK Starstorm
  • Blue Falcon
  • Puff Up
  • Iceberg
  • Sheikah Dance
  • Critical Hit (Marth / Lucina)
  • Triforce Slash (Toon Link)
  • Team Star Wolf
  • Dream Home / Dream Town Hall
  • Torrential Roar
  • Grand Cross
  • ARMS Rush
  • Burning Sword / Sacred Arrow
  • Final Blaster
  • Link
    • Make the Ancient Bow his neutral special, and make his Final Smash a Flurry Rush
  • Kirby
  • Daisy
    • Have Daisy Blossom inflict the flower status along with the sleep status instead of edible daisies
  • Bowser
    • Make Giga Bowser playable again
  • Sheik
    • Use the Goddess Harp to warp around in a flash of light and slash with the attack buttons
  • Falco
  • Young Link
    • Don the Fierce Deity Mask for his own Triforce Slash
  • Mr. Game & Watch
    • Make Octopus controllable again
  • Meta Knight
    • Bring back Galaxia Darkness
  • Pit
    • Bring back the Three Sacred Treasures
  • Dark Pit
    • Make the Dark Pit Staff his neutral special, then give him the Lightning Chariot
  • Wario
    • Make Wario-Man playable again
  • Pokemon Trainer
    • Have Charizard Mega Evolve during Triple Finish
  • Diddy Kong
    • Make Hyper Rocketbarrel controllable again
  • Sonic
    • Make Super Sonic controllable again
  • Little Mac
    • Make Giga Mac controllable again
  • Ken
    • Make Shoryureppa the long-range Final Smash
  • Inkling
    • Make Kraken the Final Smash
  • Ridley
    • Make his Final Smash the swoop-in he does at the start of Super Metroid
  • Simon / Richter
    • For Simon, have Grand Cross summon several crosses of light
    • For Richter, change the Final Smash to Hydrostorm
  • Incineroar
    • Have Incineroar kick the opponent upwards, jump up and slam down with a fiery explosion
  • Hero
    • Have Gigaslash extend the range of the blade on the stage
  • Banjo
    • Have each other Jinjo fly left and right while the Mighty Jinjonator flies in from the background
  • Terry
    • Triple Geyser to Buster Wolf on stage (maybe ditch the Super Special Move versions)
  • Byleth
    • Have Byleth swing a tornado around themselves before the cutscene plays (and change the name to Sublime Ruptured Heaven)
  • Pyra / Mythra
    • Have Burning Sword and Sacred Arrow occur on stage
  • Kazuya
    • Have Final Blaster occur on stage

Top Bottom