• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Faux Super Armor - P4 wins, all else equal

Foxy

Smash Master
Wow, Jewdo, I'm really impressed by you. =]

You've done some really good research and compilation, I hope this thread gets cleaned up even more to become a sticky on controller-port functionality.

Scala

Smash Ace
The thing that I wonder is how this effects online play? OFFLINE games determine grab priority due to controller slot, but how will ONLINE games determine it? Does the wii transfer the controller slot number to the other player? What if both players are using the same slot?

Right now I don't think it matters until Nintendo fixes the lag online, but it's still a valid and interesting matter nonetheless.

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
Good question. I have no idea how online is affected by controller port and online grab priority sounds hard to test. Even if you had two Wiis in the same room connected via wi-fi, the two systems probably wouldn't recognize simultaneous grabs even if you press the Grab buttons at the exact same time.

FSA, however, can easily be tested online. The timing isn't tricky at all, and anyone with a wi-fi buddy can test this. Somebody give it a shot - I'd be interested to know. I myself, though, don't have a wireless router, so Wi-Fi is a non-option for me.

As for Nintendo fixing the lag, don't count on it. They've become such a money-grubbing, casual-whoring company since the Wii's launch that I honestly expect nothing from them. They've abandoned their dedication to the gamer with expectations and reasonable standards for how a game should perform. If Nintendo fixes Wi-Fi, it'd be a miracle.

Top Bottom