• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Fate of The Unexpected, Rivalry returns' by Coen

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok guys, this is my first time I'm writing a story. I decided I'd give it a try. Advice is very welcome =)

I'd give my story an ALL AGES rating. Everyone should be able to read this without getting offended in any kind of way, and it doesn't involve any intimate scenes. Now that's been said, enjoy:

'The Unexpected, StarFox rises again'

PART 1: What happened?

'I really don't have time for this sentimental crap', Fox shouted. Krystal jumped into the Arwing next to Fox.

It was hard, saying goodbye to Slippy and Peppy, before leaving on his biggest journey ever.

Fox was definitely the kind of type who would do everything to prevent people seeing his true emotions, playing the tough guy as always. In this case, he couldn't hide his feelings though.

'I can't thank you two enough for helping me on all my adventures ......goobye old buddies, I'm gonna miss you so much.....', said Fox while jumping into his Arwing, trying not to let a tear get past his eye.

'Don't worry about it, we'll meet again, I'm sure we will', Slippy shouted with his loud , semi-annoying voice that would overpower any kind of other sound in existance. Fox had gotten used to it and never even minded his superloud voice anymore.

'Yeah, I'm sure, but you know Fox, I'm getting old and...you know...I wonder if I'd still be able to even say hello when we'll meet again let alone still......live.....', said Peppy with a saddened face like never before.

'Doesn't matter, you'll always be the coolest old guy I've ever met ;) '. (Peppy coughed), 'If you say so..'. To which Fox replied with a huge sense of arrogance 'If I say so, I'm right of course >.>'

Fox looked at the pictures he had taken an hour before he would leave. 'I will never forget you guys.....never', he silently added.

At that point, just before taking off, Krystal suddenly remembered she forgot her staff somewhere in The Great Fox. The staff she rudely grabbed out of Fox's hands after he had rescued her life. The staff that had aided Fox like no other item did during his adventure on Dinosaur Planet, which Fox had, according to the current intergalactical flow of time, finished exactly 2 years, 4 months ,13 days, 3 hour, 46 minutes and 40 seconds ago.

She asked Fox to wait a minute so she could go back inside the ship to look for her staff.

'I'll be back in a minute guys, sorry to leave you waiting!'

She walked towards the room that was made her bedroom during her stay with the Starfox Team . A while ago she had become an official StarFox team member, when Fox and the rest realized she was a rather smart girl who could greatly contribute to the Team.

'I think I left it here....hmmm.....', Krystal said to herself.

She opened the door of her room....... during a split-second , she noticed someone standing inside the room, a vague shadowy figure, and she immediately began shaking. Horrific memories from her past came to her mind again.

When she blinked, it was gone.......

What did she see? For that split-second, she stood eye to eye with her ex-boyfriend who's name was

Ryan mcCloud

, known for his cunning- and swiftness. Not only he had been Krystal's boyfriend for a certain amount of time, also was he Fox's cousin. Fox never knew of the relationship between the two though, as he hadn't seen his cousin in a long long time.

*flashback* When Fox was just a little boy, around 5 years old, his best friend at school was Ryan, who had always been a year older than Fox. They mostly played toy-laser games with eachother, seperated from the rest of the group, as nobody liked both of them. Fox had always been teased by other pupils, being the youngest and most shy one of all of them. Ryan, who was a little bit other, was also lot taller than Fox, which was the reason he never got teased by classmates and always thought he was the best. The arrogant type. A distasteful person.

When Fox and Ryan went to high school, their paths separated, but they swore to never forget eachother. Fox went to live his own pretty life, being the shy guy all the time, until he got to meet the StarFox team, meeting Slippy, Falco and Peppy...... After that, he never ever heard or knew anything of his cousin anymore.....

*flashforward*

R.O.B. was coincidentally just checking the security cams, one of which was located in the corner of the ceiling of Krystal's bedroom. When R.O.B saw Krystal lying on the floor, R.O.B's pre-programmed robo-instinct told him to call Fox and his mates to go and help Krystal immediately.

So, Fox immediately rushed to the first floor, where Krystal was lying unconcious. 'Get some medicin to restore Krystal right now, Slippy', Fox ordered. Strangely, nobody was inside the room except for Krystal, which left an obvious question. Nobody could've left the room either, as a code was required to leave the room, for security reasons. The video recordings didn't show anything suspicious either. How did this happen?

After a few minutes, Krystal woke up again.

'Wha...., what happened?!?' 'Oh Fox I'm so glad you're here' and Krystal burst into tears. 'Something terrible happened...and....well.....I saw him...and....' 'WHOAH, Stop it', Fox shouted. 'Calm down, calm down, ok?' said Fox while Krystal tried to breathe normally again, still being shocked by what she had seen. Fox was confused. What in Andross' name happened.....

'Krystal, I'm glad you're still ok, but what the hell happened? If I'll get my hands on the one who did this to you......' Fox got a little angry.

'Someone was in my room, it was...IT WAS.......' Krystal started hyperventilating again. 'Calm down, just calm DOWN, Krystal. Just who did this to you and what........'

Before Fox could say more, Slippy's loud voice came rised above all other sounds saying:

'But Fox, think about it. If someone other tham us has been inside the Great Fox, something must've went wrong with the security system. NO WAY MAN, I just fixed the broken bathroom camera a week ago!' Slippy went to check for any defects, but everything seemed to work fine, so he returned to Fox and Krystal, who was still a little dizzy and confused. 'In this state, it's technically and virtually impossible for anyone, no matter how or what, to intrude. Our security is the freaking greatest high-tech system ever!'

Fox replied: 'If that's the case, someone must've entered the ship by some other way than we think. Pretty clever I guess, huh Slippy?'

Meanwhile Krystal was overthinking a few things:

- Did she just hallucinate? Or had Ryan McCloud really been able to intrude the Great Fox in a way still unknown to everybody?

- But the burning question was of course, WHY?

Having banned most of her memories from her time with Ryan out of her mind, she couldn't find a direct answer to either one of them.

Fox asked one more time, as Krystal had already calmed down a lot. 'Krystal.....please tell me what took place here, I don't want you to get hurt anymore'.....

PART 2 IN NEXT POST

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Part 2: Out of Nowhere.

Krystal regained her normal status again. Fox was all angry and wound up because Krystal just wouldn't tell him what happened. Krystal didn't want Fox to know of any of her past.

'Fox, please believe me...it was nothing, I was just hallucinating'. Fox knew there was more behind it, but yeah, he couldn't just force Krystal.

'Krystal, you gotta be honest with me, ok? I may not be the person you trust most, I don't know, but you have to tell me what happened'

Krystal walked away.

'What the....' Fox said.

While walking away, Krystal said 'Of COURSE you are' with a nice and subtile sarcastic twist to her voice.

'Hmmpf'

'She's such a weird girl sometimes' Slippy added. 'I don't get why you like her so much, Fox'.

'Just shut up'

At that point Fox, as clever as ever, notices something weird. Something really weird. You could see both Fox and Slippy's shadows on the ground, as there was a light shining bright behind Fox, visualising a shadow in front of Fox and a shadow behind Slippy.

Fox grabbed his blaster. He shot right through Slippy's legs. Slippy turned green.

'That shadow....your shadow, Slippy, behind you. That wasn't yours'

'What....are....you....talking....about......F-f-f..Fox?!?one!111!shift!1!????

'Stay on guard Slippy, there's something strange going on here'

Fox didn't wait any longer and ran towards the Arwing Chamber, as he saw Krystal headed there. The automatic door opened. The room was empty.

'She must've gone to the main chamber as that's the only way she could've headed' .

The Main Chamber, to clear things up, had always been the chamber that held space for anything, where everything happened, like having dinner (spacecake ;p), security checking, meetings, everything.

As Fox supposed, Krystal was sitting there on a chair, looking all down. Fox knew it would be better to leave her alone for a while. He wouldn't want any trouble at this point. He knew he had to leave soon to go on his mission, and Peppy and Slippy were still somewhere on the ship. He wouldn't want to leave without them being here to wave and say goodbye and stuff.

He called Peppy and Slippy through their emergency phones they always carried. No answer.

'WHAT THE....'

Fox looked behind him.......... Krystal was GONE.

'WHAAAAT THEEEEE'

Out of nowhere, a blackish shadow appeared before him. It turned green, then red, then blue, and eventually it took the shape of a fox-ish form. A somewhat taller fox than Fox was, with a thin but long head shape, and incredibly long legs for being a fox. (Wow, what spoilers)

Before him appeared Ryan McCloud, his long forgotten cousin. Fox took a step backwards and got in position to grab his blaster anytime he wanted, should Ryan make a suspicious movement.

'Hehehehe. Fox McCloud. Long time no seeing eachother, am I wrong?'

Fox felt a strange energy flowing through the chamber. A few lights went out, the security cameras stopped working. Fox took another step back and fiercely asked

'Ryan. So you're still here huh? In this very wide-ranged universe without any escape, huh?'

Fox began to sweat. He also noticed blades on Ryan's elbows.

'Hehe, I didn't expect to see you again, dude. Especially not like this' , Fox added.

'Hmm hmm hmm hmm....' .Ryan did another step forward, making Fox doing a step backward again'.

'I like how you're still the lower on of us, Fox, like you've always been, Fox. You're the family's black sheep, Fox' '

A quick unexpected blaster shot from Fox's blaster shot right to the heart of Ryan and hit him....Fox thought.

He disappeared. It looked like he split in small black pieces, which Fox asummed to reassemble. But they didn't, they just disappeared. Fox was nowhere to be safe, and went on a run to the exit of the room. Fox got out of the room, and kept running. He knew he wouldn't be safe. Ryan possesed a power beyond his knowing. Thus, not knowing what really happened, he rushed to Krystal's chamber to get the staff, hoping it would actually be helpful.

He arrived at Krystal's chamber. The door opened. He grabbed the staff.

'Got ya. '

Said Ryan, holding Fox tight with his arm around Fox's neck'.

Fox couldn't escape, or heck...even making a single move would get him killed by the razor sharps blade on his elbow.

'Why are you doing this Ryan?' 'What have you done with my crew dammit'.

Ryan seemed to be really evil all of a sudden. Fox could sense it, although the expression on his face said enough.

'.....' 'I'm astonished' ' You know quite well why I'm doing this, Fox. Don't deny it now, come on, you little coward. I've always despised you. I got so fed up with saving you all the time when we were little. You know it, Fox. And that staff you're holding? It's actually mine. That **** ***** Krystal took it from me'

*Ryan's face turned red and his eyes turned evil, as if he gone mad and went out for some kind of revenge. He almost foamed at the mouth, that's how angry he was.*

'I'm gonna kill you Fox. YEAH!!!! And the rest of your pathetic friends as well. I'm saving that ****ing ***** Krystal for the end. Now hand over that staff.

Fox was confuzzled and angered at the same time, but knew he had no choice but to give the staff to him. But why was Ryan so mad? What has caused this insanity?

PART 3 TO COME.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Well, this story could be fairly interesting actually. Ryan? C'mon!! You could have come up with a cooler name for a member of the Mcloud family!! Haha, kidding. Other than that, the only real problem I see is with the spacing. But I chalk that up to bad copy and pasting. *subliminal advertising* check out my story in my sig *end subliminal advertising* Oh, and with the questions ending the parts. In one way they're cool but very un story like. More dragonball z end of episode style. Will Goku defeat Frieza? Will Piccolo **** Gohan? How will Vegeta deal with Bulma? Find out next time on another exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z. You see what I mean. Other than that. It's been a good read so far.

Top Bottom