• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fate/Mafia 2 - ENDGAME: And just let him ****ing die? - TOWN VICTORY

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
night PMs are a blast

i love chilling with a bud

idc if they're mafia

i just like talking

i know for like the entirety of DBZ mafia I knew praline was mafia from the start

but i never outed her

she was fun to talk to!!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll agree that the issues with Night talk are becoming more aparent to me now but I dom't think that's something that will change on NintenZone games anytime soon
I wouldn't be too sure...hint hint.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
FEH 2 better have night talks or else

I say this as the townie who ALMOST caused an upset.

Yeah, I wasn't QUITE there, but I promise, the sequel? I got this in the bag! You made this sequel just for the redemption of my character arc, huh? Embarrass

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If we analyze the set up and all interactions that occurred during the day phase, there were many players who got their hands dirty. Vaan and praline are probably the biggest culprits in this regard. Literally everything about their Day phase resumes up until the end of day 3 scream at me as being scummy. No offense to either of these players. However, neither of them were punished for this.

Maven I think probably lost on account of not interacting enough during the night phase and gaining people's trust even though his day phase resume was perfectly fine. Maven's defense of my slot was pretty strong evidence suggesting that he was not scum, yet he was condemned regardless because he was otherwise a question mark during the night.

White's play was probably the most clearly counter-intuitive but he was largely disregarded. It's all very confusing, to be frank.

Night PMs are certainly fun though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh cool, FEH Mafia won't have Night PMs.

Still, I doubt most hosts will simply ditch it right now, especially when a lot of setups have already been designed with it in mind

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That's not confusing at all.

White always plays with an anti-town mindset, even when he's a really useful town PR like cop.
That absolutely is confusing. Don't tell me it's not confusing when it is. >=[

Why does he play like that? Town could have lost the game if Maven was able to live through Day 4.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My upcoming Death Note Mafia will absolutely have Night PM's because they're integral to what it's going to be all about.

Maven89

Smash Master
Yeah, I wish I had been active night 2. It would have changed quite a bit I think.

I didn’t claim RB because I don’t recall the last time I’ve seen a town RB

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That absolutely is confusing. Don't tell me it's not confusing when it is. >=[

Why does he play like that? Town could have lost the game if Maven was able to live through Day 4.
It's not confusing, it's consistent.

With that said, it's definitely the worst playstyle, imo. But it leads to some chaos that makes it fun to watch.

D

Deleted member

I believe it's time we discuss rulesets as Vaan expressed. I think we need to creat a thread to discuss rulesets and the like and create a standard rule format for the games.

D

Deleted member

Also, big shoutout to Natz~ Natz~ for being such a great cohost. Game would have fell apart without her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

With that said, it's definitely the worst playstyle, imo. But it leads to some chaos that makes it fun to watch.
agreed on both parts
I believe it's time we discuss rulesets as Vaan expressed. I think we need to creat a thread to discuss rulesets and the like and create a standard rule format for the games.
also agreed, i don't think it was a problem in this game...but its gonna to, time to stop ripping and time to start setting
Also, big shoutout to Natz~ Natz~ for being such a great cohost. Game would have fell apart without her.
hurray~ katt did a good job :DDD

and imagine that i won this position by wining a tourney by complete default, hurray~

BarDulL

Town Vampire

Just because it fits his meta does not mean the behavior is not confusing.

However I do agree that his behavior fitting his meta implies that he is more prone to being trustworthy as a result. It definitely makes things a bit more interesting but I would hate to see it cost his entire team the game in the future. :/

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I don't know if we need to talk rules over that completely. It's important to have conversation about it, and it's important that a host thinks about their ruleset and engages with it in relation to their setup. Talk to a host if you see rules that are questionable or have been trouble in the past. Look over some old DGames setups and check out the rules, they're definitely more fleshed out.

As an aside, having the rules in the first post of the game would be a bit convenient, rather than in the signup thread.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I don't know if we need to talk rules over that completely. It's important to have conversation about it, and it's important that a host thinks about their ruleset and engages with it in relation to their setup. Talk to a host if you see rules that are questionable or have been trouble in the past. Look over some old DGames setups and check out the rules, they're definitely more fleshed out.

As an aside, having the rules in the first post of the game would be a bit convenient, rather than in the signup thread.
wait we didn't have rules in this thread?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
holy **** shish why didn't you copy and paste the rule set from the sign up thread here! i never even ****ing noticed

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Night communication kinda sucks but I think the greater problem is that every setup plays like role madness, which is fun only half of the time. The game eventually solved itself at some point, which is not interesting nor engaging for spectator/participant. PRs are there to reward good play, not to be immediately cleared/damned mechanically. They should be used much more sparingly and without absolute proof that their role is town/mafia too

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A mafia game without night chats are lame. Count me out on all of those.

I also don’t like games where the day phases end at majority vote.

I also would like to be mentioned when a phase ends.

Maven89

Smash Master
So my only real plan if I survived the day was to RB opossum, kill Vaan, and claim a track on Opossum targetting Vaan and pray like hell.

Though I really, really thought White was independent. When he claimed independent to Uni I thought it was a gamble to try and get Uni to admit to being mafia, part of why I pushed Uni to claim what White said in the thread (which is what a townie would do), but Uni didn't, and White never brought it up. The fact that white didn't bring it up made me think he might actually be independent. When it turned out he wast he poisoner who was blatantly poisoning townies I thought it was basically confirmed. If white was independent, I think having him turn up indy would have given me a much better chance to survive the last day than him turning up town.

Knowing now that he was town, I probably should have pushed Opossum.

My hope with Vaan's kill being redirected, and hoping that Vaan wasn't a dragon, is that Vaan couldn't vig the next night, and that he might throw shade on Praline for not making me a dragon. I hoped this would turn into something, it semi did but it got resolved because it turns out Praline didn't read his role all the way meaning the plan did little.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Having the rules be correct would be even more convenient, lol.

Don't say you can't quote PMs when you can. And if one player asks for clarification of a rule like that, just announce it in the thread, imo. Don't just tell them only and literally give them an advantage over everybody else.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Maybe have it work under a limited time. For example, in a 24-hour night phase, it'd only be available for the first 12 hours?
I think it's a given that all roles need to appear to be Town-sided for night conversation to work. This means that, in a scenario where there is basically a mass-claim on N1 (which more or less happened to some degree), the game can't be immediately solved or partly solved. There were multiple players that just outright claimed from the start and it was easy to figure out that Ura was very likely to be Town for instance.

I also think there is merit in ensuring that roles do not necessarily need to rely on another role to be efficient, i.e. Ura's recharging ability being able to assist any slots that need him in order to use their ability again, or praline's ability turning people into dragons so that Vaan can shoot them. Roles that clearly pair with other roles end up corroborating claims too much, but they also limit each player to being unable to act independently. If Ura died, Pokechu would have been a Vanilla townie for the rest of the game more or less. Without Praline, Vaan can't really make use of his ability (granted even with praline, he couldn't use it :^) kek).

I don't think limiting it to 12 hours is necessary.

I'll think more about it later.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
I think quoting, or even copying pasting, PMs is a problem. It should be a rule that you have to paraphrase any night conversations

Maven89

Smash Master
Oh buddy, I just read the mafia convo for this game. I don’t know if anyone could tell, but this was the most frustrated I’ve been in a mafia game. Every plan I made was ruined because people didn’t read their PMs, were playing against their win conditions, or were making plans themselves that made no sense. I’m still annoyed that instead of killing Vaan and forging his role PM my teammates chose to kill Pokechu in order to throw light shade on Ura, then blew themselves up the start of the next day.

I miss the Nzoners, but damn

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I used to regularly message Van and Natz telling them to rejoin but both left smashboards

now, only Pokechu remains
Natz is on Discord these days. Not sure about Vaan.

And yeah, that game was weird. It was when I started to have less free time because my work hours were less stable, iirc.

But I'm still proud of how I used the limitation of the word "duck" in the forger action in a way that felt natural. Been thinking of that one since I first read the role PM.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah I really miss those 2018 Mafia games even though I was terrible at them (here's looking at you Villains Mafia lmao).

I outta play one of these games again one of these days. Granted I am working a FT job now but i'm getting the itch to play another Mafia game and hopefully redeem myself lol.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I do also miss 2018

Such simpler times~
It's really gonna feel that way huh?

Those were the days when we still had Vaan, Katt, Zeb, and Swamp around. Not to mention the other N-Zoners who either left or deleted their accounts.

And of course, a time before COVID-19 happened and all.

Maven89

Smash Master
Why did so many Nzoners delete their accounts? It makes it difficult to read through these games

Last edited:
Top Bottom