• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fatal Fury/King of Fighters/SNK Music for Smash

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We've seen the King of Fighters stage, but what sort of songs would you like to see included with Terry in Smash?

Based on other DLC characters, there's probably going to be somewhere between 8 to 11 music tracks, but don't let that stop you from listing as few or as many as you want! (though please use direct links instead of embedded videos, for the sake of mobile users)

I'm not overly familiar with the music in the King of Fighters (I've only played a handful of games, and I didn't pay much attention to the background music), though I feel like Geese's theme has to be in there somewhere, whether it's from the 16 bit era or a more modern version.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Assuming we're getting both Fatal Fury and other SNK music, I'm expecting at least some of the following:
For personal wants I'm hoping we at least get one of these:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Can somebody tell me the name of the song/songs in Terry's trailer?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
All I'm asking for is Blue Mary's theme. All other songs are fine, but that one I really want.

Graizen

Smash Champion
We have Capcom and SNK in Smash, can we have this now?

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I agree with all of these. Plus, I’d love to hear Smash remixes of Fatal Fury/King of Fighters/SNK music, especially Geese Howard’s Theme, Tears, Sadistic Eyes, Goodbye Esaka, and others.

GrandpaGanon

Smash Rookie
I feel like we could safely put down Chestnut ("Kuri") remix (would call it Kurikinton remix, but there was that one time it was remixed as Chestnuts and Forever) as confirmed for one of the stage songs, buuuut...Life Will Change played in Joker's reveal trailer and we never got that in the game T_T

Any variation of Esaka, [insert whatever] for Geese, and a Saxophone Storm theme needs to be added. Betting on Big Shot too. Terry's Garou theme, Sunrise on the Train, would be nice. Ooh ooh, maybe a Rock Howard theme too =O

Just no KoF 2001 songs plz lol

Personally, I want "Let's Go to Seoul" from Fatal Fury 2.

All I'm asking for is Blue Mary's theme. All other songs are fine, but that one I really want.
Which one? There's "Kiss Me" and "Blue Mary's Blues." I would assume Blues since I like that one way better.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I feel like we could safely put down Chestnut ("Kuri") remix (would call it Kurikinton remix, but there was that one time it was remixed as Chestnuts and Forever) as confirmed for one of the stage songs, buuuut...Life Will Change played in Joker's reveal trailer and we never got that in the game T_T

Any variation of Esaka, [insert whatever] for Geese, and a Saxophone Storm theme needs to be added. Betting on Big Shot too. Terry's Garou theme, Sunrise on the Train, would be nice. Ooh ooh, maybe a Rock Howard theme too =O

Just no KoF 2001 songs plz lol

Personally, I want "Let's Go to Seoul" from Fatal Fury 2.

Which one? There's "Kiss Me" and "Blue Mary's Blues." I would assume Blues since I like that one way better.
Definitely Blue Mary's Blues. I really like that saxophone part at the beginning.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Geese Howard's theme is definitely a must. Given it was heard in Terry's trailer, I fancy it is guaranteed. I'll also be surprised if Terry's own theme isn't in the game. Also agree about True Love Makin'--song's already stuck in mine head.

These are mine personal wants:

♪ Duck King Theme (Fatal Fury)
♪ Big Bear Theme (Fatal Fury)
♪ Theme of Richard Meyer (Fatal Fury)
♪ Paopao Cafe (Capcom vs SNK)
♪ Keep My Fire (Capcom vs SNK)
♪ Silent Hill (Capcom vs SNK)
♪ New York Stage (Capcom vs SNK 2)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
All I want is true love making from Capcom vs SNK 2. But I know I won't get it.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Fairy is such an amazing song that I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be at least a little disappointed if it doesn't make the cut. Chizuru isn't a very popular character so I don't really expect to see it in but it's one of my favorite songs in fighting games.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Can't believe I forgot one of the most obvious songs that they could put in (assuming we get KoF music):

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Can't believe I forgot one of the most obvious songs that they could put in (assuming we get KoF music):

This has been stuck in my head ever since I bought 14 the other day. So good. I feel like they'd mostly go with classic KOF tracks but this would be such a nice surprise inclusion, and not too farfetched considering his stage seems to take inspiration from Antonov's arena.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
FaF/KOF aficionados here, what would Terry's victory theme most likely be?
It'll probably be either the Fatal Fury 1 victory theme or the Real Bout Fatal Fury victory theme (most likely the latter).

I also thought of an interesting idea where his victory theme would change depending on how you KO'd the final opponent like in Garou:

I said:
Imagine if Terry had a different victory fanfare like Joker where it change depending on how he killed the last opponent like in Garou.

D

Deleted member

GOD THIS WAS MY HYPE THEME FROM THE ENTIRETY OF THE SNK LEAK UP TO NOW.

IF THEY CLOSE OUT TERRY'S GAMEPLAY TRAILER WITH THIS I'M SHOOK.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
While Terry has some obvious choices for themes to come with him, I have a soft spot for a lesser known Team Fatal Fury theme, from KoF 2003 which would be neat imo.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Been replaying KoF 2002 UM and man I forgot how much I loved this theme. I doubt it'll show up either but... Man it's GOOD.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Please, please, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have this song in the game.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
True Love Makin' is my personal dream for this. I know it isn't likely but I hope. Capcom has been very nice about Smash so maybe they would be okay with 1-2 songs from Capcom vs. SNK for Terry.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Napolitan Blues (KOF 94)
Pasta (Fatal Fury 2/Special)
London March (Fatal Fury 2/Special)
Soy Sauce For Geese
This Is True True Love We’re Makin’ (Capcom VS SNK 2)
Kim Kaphwan Theme (Fatal Fury 2/Special)
Ryo Sakazaki Theme (Fatal Fury Special)
And others...(I’ll let you know when I think of others.)

Last edited:

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Does KoF music count? What about music from other SNK games? And, most importantly, can Sakurai work some magic and get us some CvS2 tunes?

Anyways, I just made a playlist of my favorite Fatal Fury music so this thread was basically made for me. Here's my massive wishlist of FF/SNK-related tunes. The bolded tracks are my favorite/most wanted songs: consider the unbolded tracks as honorable mentions.

Obviously, we're gonna get a couple of Terry themes. We already heard a bit of a new remix of Kurikinton, but here are some of my other favorites I wouldn't mind:
Now, on to the assorted character themes. Here are some from the first Fatal Fury:
Fatal Fury 2/Special:
Fatal Fury 3/Real Bout:
Real Bout Special/Real Bout 2:
Garou: Mark of the Wolves:
I don't have massive playlist on hand for this part, but here are some KoF tracks I really like off the top of my head:
There's also a slim chance we might get a track or two from something like Samurai Shodown or Art of Fighting. While I haven't particularly paid attention to the soundtracks of either of those, I have listened to quite a bit of Metal Slug music, which has an even slimmer chance. As such, I'm not going to give too much time to it, but if we somehow get a track, I'd like it to be one of these:
The biggest 'what-if' is the possibility of Capcom vs SNK 2 music. While I personally don't think it's going to happen, I would love it so much if they actually worked it out with Capcom and got some tracks in. If I had to pick one song, it would obviously be This is True Love Makin', but I'd also really like Stimulation.

There's probably something I'm forgetting, but it's almost 2 AM and I want to go to bed so I'm gonna leave it at this.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Right now, Kurikinton has been confirmed as a song that will be getting a new remix. I think the music selection accompanying Terry will be remixes of Fatal Fury tracks and a couple of King of Fighters remixes, with other tracks ripped straight from The King of Fighters XIV and Samurai Shodown 2019. To be specific...

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Ehh, I don’t know about Dies Irae. That song was composed by Mozart. Although, we did get a remix of Tetris Type A by Yoko Shimomura, which was originally a Russian Folk Song, so maybe there’s a chance. BTW I think we also need a Smash remix of Duck Duck Dub/Duck Dub Dub.

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Slightly sad they didn’t use Arashi no Saxophone 1 or Iori’s themes from XIII and XIV, but was nonetheless satisfied to see Kyo’s XIV theme and so many 2002 UM tracks. I was even surprised they had Galford’s theme too (tho his SS2 theme is slightly better).

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
WOO HOO!!! GEESE GETS 2 Songs;

Of Course; given how he's a VERY Popular Antagonist of SNK's Games; Him getting any representation in Smash, whether a Cameo in the KOF arena, 2 versions of his Song, and even a Legend-class Spirit in the DLC Spirit Board, in hindsight is rather PREDICTABO

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
And then there's Square-Enix with their paltry 2 for Cloud and 8 for Hero. SNK is showing those other companies how it's done.
Yeah; don't get used to it; Because:
A. It's Expensive(It costs money to be allowed to use another game's track)
B. Sakurai has made it clear that SSBU is on A Budget(as that's why SE only allowed for 2 tracks for Final Fantasy & Only the Midi songs for DQ, as an entire orchestra just to perform a few songs is NOT cheap; and also why every DLC Fighter from Hero-Onwards is Live-streamed instead of a Fancy showcase like they did for Joker)
C. Not every company is as stupidly Generous as SNK. . .

Last edited:
Top Bottom