• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fastfaller Combos

DocDino

Smash Rookie
Can anyone please lend a fellow Mewtwo player a hand? I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me some combos that are ownage against fast fallers. If not, then does that mean it's better to just improvise?

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh* FF, lolz. Well to tell you the truth m2 pretty much doesn't have any combos. And the few that he has can be Di'd out of. But Ill try and help you as best I can.

Lets Start with fox.
0-36% You can uthrow to fair, and if the opponent is stupid and doesn't DI correctly you can chain more fairs together. *Also please note that chaining Uthrow to Fair to Uthrwo is impossible if your playing a smart opponent*
36-41% Uthrow to Uair, to possibly bair or if your lucky a nair
41%and up
- a note about these combos, your going to have a tough time getting these off because M2's dash attack is definatly not a reliable/ good approach.

Dash attack to Grab
Dash attack to Fair to Uair
Dash attack to D-tilt to grab
Dash attack to F-tilt

Please note that these are great for teck chaseing starters.

In theory M2' has some really nice combo starters out of Dash attacks, however dash attack is a terrible move so in reality be extreamly carefull when you use it.

Now on to the tilts.
46% and up still

You can use D-tilt to F-tilt
Chaining D-tilit, however don't do more than two maybe three but I woudn't suggest more than that
You can also chain D-tilt to Grab
Also don't forget about D-tilit to SHFFL'd fair (kills fox at 136% on FD)

Ok now onto U-tilt.
While U-tilt can sometime be tricky to get off I really like to chain Fairs out of it, or U-airs. It works quite nicely

Other situational combos

SBCC or the shadowball charge cancle to grab. This is situational at best, what happens is that you charge your shadow ball Fox somehow falls into it and then you cancle the charge turn around and grab them :) It's sweet! (But extreamly lucky)

Disable: If you can get this move off you can do what you want. If fox is 100%+ I would suggest using a dsmash becasue it kills on FD.

Confusion, I don't really like any of the confusion combos, however if your lucky it can ground your opponent.

While M2's doesn't have alot of great combos against intelegent opponents. The only real combos that your going to find a use for stock for stock are going to be uthrow to Fairs at low %. That's it. I would suggest capitalizing on other things when you are fighting FF. My suggestions to you would be teck chasing. If your opponent doesn't teck all of the time you can easily punish him with DjC Fairs, D-tilit or F-tilts. Also another thing that you definatly can try and enploy is teck chasing M2's Dthrow. Get good at it. It's probably going to be one of your better bets at getting some damage on fox and falco. however please be awar that if they teck your grab they can roll away and pretty much get out of your WD range, so use SH tele insted. :) hehe.

Well Fox and Falco are pretty much the same when it comes to comboing. Flaco is just a little heaver than Fox but it's almost insignificant.

Now shieks

With shiek your whole combo game is going to be d-tilts to Dthrows that's it. You can chain some D-tilit at low % so make sure that you take advantage of that. I would suggest using D-tilit to fair at higher percents for the kill. M2 doesn't have any true throw combos on shiek. I would sugest PMing Mow becasue he is definatly good when it comes to playing shieks :)

For C-falcon

Dtilt is your friend. just remember that . M2 can chain D-tilit to throws grabs or Fairs or F-tilts pretty on pretty much any percent.

Sorry I couldn't really help you with C-falcon. The only one that I play around here in wisconsin is Tapion. And I get *****. Sorry :(

Well good luck with the combo learning. I would suggest just learning all of M2's moves before worrying about specific combos. Becasue alot of them are situational and It efinatly helps if you can just chain some moves together on the fly. Godd luck playing m2 and don't get discuraged!

Also please feel free to PM me if you have nay other questions.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
few points to point out..

upthrow to fair only works at 0 percent. any higher, they can retaliate.

running A has high priority so its a decent approach as long as you dont running around spamming it blind.

and tonji, most of mewtwo's combos are best on fast to moderate fallers.

quak

Smash Champion
*prepares to tell secret mewtwo combo that allows for JV 5 stock against any fastfaller, but instead runs away with grin on face*

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Airo, against fox you can uthrow to fair between 0-36% I will give you that anything past 30% is getting lucky. But it is doable. I don't understand how they can retaliate?? Ive done it countless times against alot of respectable smashers. As long as your attacking in the 'tumble' frames you don't have to worry about anything.

the forward dash I just don't like your right tho im probably not giving enough credit to it. I just think that it is WAY to slow, and easily shield grabbed.

didn't I state that M2 only has combos on FF and midF?? sorry for the confusion :(

Im exited to hear your replies on this...... I play good peepz who DI and definatly are the top around here. I think that they definatly would have found a way out of the U-throw to Fair (because they all play fox and falco lolz) But hey maybe Im wrong. It's worked on tink.... But he might not have been playing seriusly with me idk. now im sad. :( T.T:(

quak

Smash Champion
there isn't one :p

mewtwo has no zero to death combos on anyone

against fastfallers, refer to my guide for info

technomancer

Smash Champion
There are no combos on captain falcon because you have to hit him first to start a combo! mwahahahaha Lol, just kidding, but the first dtilt can be CC'd and he can retaliate.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
After a u-throw to double fair (if you're lucky. Even a single fair will work), you can grab again and u-throw to a u-air.

Btw I second Mewtwo.

quak

Smash Champion
fastfox, maybe the ppl ur playing aren't DI'ing right, cause that doesn't work on DI'ing/jumping/shining opponents.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
You're probably right. I did it once, though.

But frick, Mewtwo is so fun to just.. Improvise with, then watching people be all, WTF I DINT NO MEW2 CUD DO TAT.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Use the technique
"hope your foe messes up DI"
and use SBC to look fancy.

*cough cough DJC fair to SBC*
>.>

DocDino

Smash Rookie
So you say I should try to start out combos with the SBCC? In what situations should I whip that out? When they're running towards me? Coming from above?

Airo

Smash Lord
sbcc is a surprise combo starter...
dont use it unless youve mastered everything and want more complicity to your mindgame

fluent wavedash, dtilts, and grabs.
these are mewtwo's best approaches in almost any matchup.

on fastfaller specificly, dthrow to techchase should be relatively easy since their rolls arnt long. dtilt chains and dtilt grabs are also very effective against fast fallers.

take note, most of the damage dealing AND kill are done by edgeguarding.

a simple combo to start his percentages, then a bthrow or ftilt to setup edgeguards.
most kills against fast fallers should be done this way.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Basically, Mewtwo's TRUE combos are 2 moves max.
You will have to make moves on opponent's mistakes a lot.

This basically means, SBC is good at certain times.

IMO, however, the most efficient way against FFers (not including quak's mystery stuffz) would be lots of Down throwing to a either shadow ball/disable/grab chase.
If you can do this enough you can end up near the ledge, when this happens, B throw off ledge for edgeguarding properties or disable to smash or f tilt.

Basically, combos < good tech reading/edgeguarding.

xD noticed i use "basically" a lot.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Well be carefull with all of the Dthrow to teck chase against the fast fallers. they can dodge your Dtilts or grabs with an easy spot doge or shine you in the face if they roll away. :( I would know..... I play a Fox main almost daily. Your timing need's to be PERFECT. it's giong to be pretty much a guess on your part wich way they are going to go becasue if you hesitate for just one frame your going to get spot doged or shined in the face.

However if they don't roll you have a better chance of getting the teck chase. Howver you are still prone to Spot Doge or Shine lolz

Airo

Smash Lord
the techchase timing is not hard.

regarding spotdodge... learn to pause.
there are many times when you wavedash and your opponent will automatically dodge. just wavedash in and wait. then punish.

delx: yeah, mewtwo's damage output are essentially from tech chase and edgeguards.

Top Bottom