• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fastest OOS attack options for each character

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
The list should probably take note of things like moves with super armour. Like with Ike Aether OoS isn't listed because of the frame the actual attack comes out. However, the grounded version (which you can get OoS) has super armour on F5, letting him catch people pressuring his shield and allowing it to be one of his better OoS options.

Untouch

Smash Master
Feel as if FAIR wouldn't be the proper option for WFT.
The hitbox will likely miss due to how high it is, same with UAIR.
NAIR would be a much better option since it comes out on the same frame as FAIR and is a combo starter.

TheFr0stByte

Smash Rookie
So does OOS mean on block? Or does it just mean after releasing shield?

Found clarification. It is the fastest frame available AFTER shieldstun ends for those wondering. So once your free of shieldstun, move hits on frame "_" I believe that is how this is interpreted.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Feel as if FAIR wouldn't be the proper option for WFT.
The hitbox will likely miss due to how high it is, same with UAIR.
NAIR would be a much better option since it comes out on the same frame as FAIR and is a combo starter.
The list should probably take note of things like moves with super armour. Like with Ike Aether OoS isn't listed because of the frame the actual attack comes out. However, the grounded version (which you can get OoS) has super armour on F5, letting him catch people pressuring his shield and allowing it to be one of his better OoS options.
These are the fastest options, not necessarily the most useful in every situation imaginable.

So does OOS mean on block? Or does it just mean after releasing shield?
You're shielding, and want to perform the quickest option immediately out of shield to capitalize on moving seamlessly from defense to offense, or possibly retreat while at the same time lowering your risk for being attacked when you retreat. Whether you've been hit in shield or not, these are the quickest options that will get you from shielding to attacking at the soonest possible frame.

when this says oos does that mean Perfect shield or regular shield?
Regular

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A tip is to read about the basics of OoS, if yr not sure what it is and how it works.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I wish certain characters didn't short hop so high so I could punish grounded approaches more easily like with clouds nair...out of shield.instead I gotta use bair

Browny

Smash Hater
Note: I did not create this spreadsheet - credits and thanks to Zegend on the CrazyHand Discord for painstakingly compiling this data. I know not everyone uses Discord so I thought I'd share it here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wohzlhHm6bHbzl9bNBHiIQhjwzp9ZgoeTEostOMd3G0/

Hopefully it can help some of those still not quite adjusted to the new shield mechanics.
Cool, but for Lucario the original creator should remove nair, uair and dair from that list, since they don't actually hit people next to you. Using them out of shield is about as useful as double team oos.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Cool, but for Lucario the original creator should remove nair, uair and dair from that list, since they don't actually hit people next to you. Using them out of shield is about as useful as double team oos.
Again, it's the fastest option. Not the most useful in every situation. That would be a whole different ballgame of a list.

Top Bottom