• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fastest character to play against?

BND

Smash Apprentice
(Quick note: As much as I hate to ask on X-character forums what the best X counterpick is, I think it'd benefit all parties involved here, so please don't take this thread the wrong way)
My roommate plays as a backair spamming, up-tilt->rest fishing, ledgehumping, campy jigglypuff. He knows that this is the case and appears to be doing this just to spite me since he can play other characters at a higher level, but that's beside the point aside from the fact that I dislike matches over 5 minutes.
Unfortunately, I don't have a solution at all to his camping, in particular his ledge camping which irks me the most, to the point where I literally run to the other side of the stage to let him get on, or frequently go for deep offstage edgeguarding in an attempt to speed up the match, which usually ends up with reverse edgeguarding.

Quite frankly I'm getting really sick of this to the point that I'm considering replacing Jigglypuff's pac file with Ridley, but I'd rather not mod PM heavily. With that being said, does anyone here know of any fun characters that Jigglypuff has a fast, reasonably fair matchup against?

(I'd also like suggestions that aren't Falcon or Snake. Both matchups vs Jiggs are relatively boring (and in Snake's case ridiculously campy), and both are actually my mains. My vs. fastfaller matchup has been suffering a great deal due to conditioning, so I'd like to keep them ready for actual tourney matches.)

I've tried both Ganon and Roy (for the up-B cheese). Both kill Jiggs pretty fast, but neither can take any control of the ledge, and both matches are sort of boring (Up-B cheese loses its novelty after the first few up-Bs and doesn't work on big stages, while Ganon vs jiggs is basically forward air vs back air). Any ideas?

Top Bottom