• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fast falling fox shine to ledge

marmle

Smash Rookie
Whenever I read any thread on here regarding things that luigi's need to do more often, one is always fast falling fox's shine to ledge. I'm not sure if I'm not getting the inputs wrong or what, but whenever I try to fast fall to ledge after getting shined, it just makes me drift away from the ledge. The only time I grab ledge is when I hold towards the ledge. Could anyone clear this up for me?

J1mbo

Smash Rookie
I may be late af to this, but you have to tap down on the control stick as soon as you're at the edge when you are shined, ff grab ledge is also really good when edge guarding because when you ff you grab the ledge faster : ))

Last edited:

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
If you're flying off the ledge you are timing the fast fall too late.

Griffard

Smash Ace
It's pretty tough. Something I can struggle with if I don't consciously remember/ decide to press down. I think you really have to almost anticipate being shined if you are very close to the ledge. Am I correct in thinking pressing down before you are directly on ledge will still put you on ledge?

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Am I correct in thinking pressing down before you are directly on ledge will still put you on ledge?
Unfortunately not. The timing is really strict :(
If do not time it for the exact moment you slide off the ledge you will either go past the ledge or just crouch.

Top Bottom