• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fast character struggle

alexthepony

Smash Apprentice
I struggle against characters that are difficult to zone-mostly little mac and captain falcon could I have help?

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
gotta bait them and react properly honestly learning how to punish them is key falcon is really bloody scary i dunno if he has true knee throw combos on pit (id imagine he does) but i usually get around those by playing at the ledge (his momentum from his throw doesnt carry over so he cant follow up easily) other thing with falcon is dont panic air dodge in general and murder him off stage. also if you stand near ledge he cant cross you up.

little mac i find empty hops and bair insanely useful against. bait out his attacks with movement and bait is easy punish also if you get a grab and get him in the air you get insane pressure on him

Solcast

Smash Rookie
NNID
Panda-san21
When I fight Captain Falcon, I use Dark Pit instead of Pit because his Side Special is effective against heavy weights with bad recoveries. I usually let him come at me. If he attempts to dash grab, spot dodge; and if he attempts to dash attack, shield. Then I follow up with a Down Throw into Up Smash, Uair, or Fair. Also it is pretty easy to DI out of Captain Falcon's combos and strings since Dark Pit is a little floaty. Since Captain Falcon recovery isn't that great, don't be afraid to go offstage and attack him. Another option is to edge guard like crazy. But that option requires a lot of predictions on how your opponent will get back up stage.

Little Macs are easy prey offstage and since Pit has a pretty good aerial game, you can apply a lot of pressure to him. Little Macs are close up fighters, so maintain your distance and strike when they land a laggy or a move on your shield.

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
both those charcters have bad recoveries, f-throw them offstage and gimp them with arrows, also don't be afraid of edgeguarding deep, you're pit you will be able to recover.

Top Bottom