• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farthest Off Stage Back Air Possible

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
I have not seen this posted before, and haven't seen any of you guys post it either so here goes.

Sonic can get a ridiculously far BAir from one jump using Down B. If you DownB and then turn around so that you're turning on the ledge, you can jump with DownB still going and just BAir out of it for some really nice early kills. The farthest I have ever gotten was jumping on frame 3. Setting it up is a little strange, but it is so great.

Inputs
(:GCD:+:GCB:) (:GCL:or :GCR:) (:GCY: or:GCX:) (:GCR:or :GCL:)(:GCCL: or :GCCR:)

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
He's talking about the distance you can yield from an turnaround down b jump. If you RAR a Down B and jump, you will move through the air at ridiculous speeds. You can bair straight out of it or DJ then bair to change your momentum.

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
@ Nazo Nazo your video is private

Also, I have no recording setup so that was the best I could do.

Last edited:

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
He's talking about the distance you can yield from an turnaround down b jump. If you RAR a Down B and jump, you will move through the air at ridiculous speeds. You can bair straight out of it or DJ then bair to change your momentum.
I usually do it at the ledge, then back air, then DJ back to the stage.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Got to learn it today, I keep forgetting the inputs every other time due to how weird it is, but implementing it should help improve Sonic's off-stage game.

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
Got to learn it today, I keep forgetting the inputs every other time due to how weird it is, but implementing it should help improve Sonic's off-stage game.
If you know how to RAR, it's the same thing, but you're jumping at the very beginning of your DownB turnaround.

Also, if you're learning new tech, check out my newest post!

Top Bottom