• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmers Fight 2 Results/Shoutouts [September 20, 2014 / College Station, TX]

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman

Thank you so much to everyone who made it out to this. This was a wonderful event with a lot of wonderful people traveling from all over Texas. The turnout was almost double what we had at the last Farmers Fight and we still managed to leave the venue at an early time. I hope everyone had a great time playing 2 main events, 1 side event, and of course a great crew battle!
My shoutouts will be in the next post.

Tourney Locator playlist to the event: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFXOgPi6_N5RnUbG0RthWq4uVoJy5StVQ

PM Doubles Results (28 Teams)
1. Infinity + Luck ($168.00)
2. Skeith + AR ($84.00)
3. Dong + Eclipse Kirby ($28.00)
4. Scuba Steve + Grime
5. Aaron + KevinWow

5. Axiom + Sparking Zero
7. Shokio + Chandy
7. Em + Elza
9. Abstract Logic + Blondie
9. Kuzco + Cute
9. Tikobroje + FMBLZ
9. CQL + RyeBread
13. UTDZac + Crypsis
13. Chem + DatMane
13. Blade + Xican
13. Doom + Guerilla
17. Ethan + Evan
17. Senpai + Opeque1
17. Turqnotes + Kei$
17. Wonder +YellowRello
17. Skim + Milk
17. C-Bass + Azure Flame
17. Dojo + Cake
17. 2D Fighter + Lites
25. Yeezy + .JPEG
25. Zoron + Fitz
25. Slugs + Zlink
25. Dusty + Dustin

*Skeith + AR won Losers Finals over Dong + Eclipse Kirby. The results above reflect this though the bracket does not.

PM Singles Results (83 Entrants)
1. UTDZac ($373.00)
2. Luck ($166.00)
3. Skeith ($124.00)
4. Eclipse Kirby ($83.00)
5. Aaron ($42.00)
5. Infinity ($42.00)
FF2 Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
UTDZac
$415.00
2nd
Luck
$166.00
3rd
Skeith
$116.20
4th
Eclipse Kirby
$74.70
5th
Aaron
$29.05
5th
Infinity
$29.05
7th
CnB | Sparking Zero
7th
AR
9th
Grime
9th
Axxo

Random Singles (34 Entrants)
1. Dojo ($34.00)
2. DA
3. Shokio
3. Eclipse Kirby
5. Grime
5. Axxo
5. 2D Fighter
5. Sparking Zero
9. Narsic
9. FMBLZ
9. HDio
9. Lites
9. DatMane
9. Abstract Logic
9. Fuzz
9. Potato
17. Dragonite
17. Axiom
17. KevinWow
17. Scuba Steve
17. YellowRello
17. Whiskytits
17. Kei$
17. Slugs
17. Aaron
17. RyeBread
17. Guerilla
17. Chem
17. Tikobroje
17. Doom
17. Dong
17. Senpai
33. Opaque1
33. Turqnotes
CStat vs ATX Crew Battle
College Station claims victory by a 6 stock margin! :)
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE5yfxKV_b8

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!!!

First of all I would like to thank my wonderful girlfriend and partner, Stef, for helping me organize and run this event. I wouldn't be anywhere near as smooth without her and I'm so luck to have her in my life. <3

Huge shoutout to @ Infinitysmash Infinitysmash for coming out and hosting the event on the Tourney Locator channel. Unfortunately a live stream was not able to work out, but the videos will be on the YouTube channel soon. Also thank you to the regular TLoc commentators Luck and @ Shokio Shokio , for making us look good. :)

DFW: You guys always finish strong at any event you travel to. I was very happy to house some of you and play some games. Very proud of @ UTDZac UTDZac and his performance. You earned first place, and you earned the $50 pot bonus. I'll get you next time though.

San Angelo: You guys had the furthest to drive by far and I'm happy that my event was on your radar. I hope the drive back went well. Good job to Dojo in Random Singles as well!

San Antonio: Always good to see you, @ sos246 sos246 and @ Skeith Skeith . I was really sad that Zhea, PK, and LoKo weren't able to make it out this time, but hopefully it won't be too long before I see the crew again.

Houston: Thank you for coming out as always. There were a lot of you that I hadn't met before and I'm glad I did. Maybe I'll be at Gameguys again soon. ;)

Austin: Thank you so much for showing up in large numbers. I really enjoy your scene and I'm happy to have you guys any time. Huge shoutout to @ Grime. Grime. for pushing this event and organizing your crew and carpools. You have a great community leader on your hands with Jesse and should be proud of your scene's tremendous growth over the past year.

College Station: First off, I love this scene so much. I put my heart into everything I do for you guys and you do a great job making me feel that it's worth it.
A few individual shoutouts for CStat members:
Thank you Joseph so much for helping me with setup in the beginning. That fiasco in Room 2 could have been detrimental, but you came up with a great solution while I was busy organizing other things.
I'm so proud of Aaron and Sean for doing so well in singles bracket with not too much tournament experience outside of our weeklies. You guys raised the standard for how all of us should be performing and did a great job representing the scene.
Kudos to Chandler and Zach (Abstact Logic) for doing work in the crew battle, taking 7 and 8 stocks respectively. Donkey Kong Country is too powerful.
To all the members of CStat who commentated (Joseph, Delmer, Sean, Shokio, Abstract Logic, and Sparking Zero), you guys did a great job representing our scene on a national scale and I can't thank you enough for doing that to help out.

Last edited:

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
At least I did well in doubles, lol. With my partner, who I don't think has a smashboards account.

Last edited:

52pickup

Smash Cadet
Timtam here, and I don't use Falco in PM lol. I usually use Fox/Mario. Thx! :p

Last edited:

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
2nd and 3rd are switched for doubles. AR and I actually got 2nd.

RadicalFuzz

Smash Cadet
I used Falcon as much as Mewtwo, for the record.

And having points makes me feel much better than it should.

SparkingZero

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I had a great time, got another OHKO in tourney. LOOOVEEE EM.

The tourney was really nice and definitely one of my more favorite venues.
S/Os to College Station the scene with the strongest will!
Also to everyone I played they were great games.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
saddened,
10 saddeneds.

I was really on the fence about this tourney and it wasn't cause I doubted anybody.
I wanted to chill with @ G-Rabbit G-Rabbit and @ CnB | Chandy CnB | Chandy and meet @ SparkingZero SparkingZero the OHKO master himself.
at the same time, I wanted to see JF, ARC, MT and Redshadow. (also I owed Tirno ice cream)
and since I had forgotten that this was on the same day I RSVP'd for the austin tourney and didn't want to cancel.
My bad guys, I knew I would miss out either way.

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
Disappointed in my 17th placing, but at least I got 3rd in randoms xD.

Great tourney again Garreth, you're an amazing TO bro.

Much love to the Austin homies, it was great to see you guys again!

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Yeah, shoutouts to the TO. For helping me get my controller back by talking to all the right people, and for hosting an amazingly well run tournament. Will definitely be back!

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
I probably am. And it's because I always believe I can do it, so I do it. lol
I should probably seriously make a list of everyone who didn't prepare their selves
I find it really impressive that you're able to land those consistently. I actually found out about that cause of you. I did it once in doubles at the ATX weekly last thursday although I had my partner to hold them in order to do it :p.

Also, ggs to everyone I played at the tourney, was fun.

Last edited:

SparkingZero

Smash Apprentice
I find it really impressive that you're able to land those consistently. I actually found out about that cause of you. I did it once in doubles at the ATX weekly last thursday although I had my partner to hold them in order to do it :p.

Also, ggs to everyone I played at the tourney, was fun.
Thanks dude. I appreciate it. You did well and I wish we met in bracket.

Last edited:

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
I'm sure we'll meet in bracket sometime in the future. Almost did in this one. I was hoping you would've won when you played UTDZac, we would've played if you won that set.

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
DK has an OHKO, it's called donkeyciding. I'm pretty sure I've got triple digit OHKO's and nobody seems that excited about me. :/

Great tournament, @ G-Rabbit G-Rabbit , it really makes me sad to think that this is cstat's last big thing for a good long while.

Shoutouts:

@ SMF Aaron SMF Aaron for being the shining star I always knew he could be. That guy is going places. Specifically the ledge. Where he's going to double jump. Over and over again. Congrats on being the first cstat spacie to take a set off of me. #thereishope

@ Grime. Grime. for letting me poop right into his mouth during the crew battle. <3 you jesse boo

@AbstractLogic for doing work in that crew battle. Donkey Kong Country doubles team soon? Call me. ;)

@ SparkingZero SparkingZero for doing so well at his first tournament as a CnB player. Keep that brand strong! CnB forever!

@Scuba Steve for heckling me into playing less optimal. Sometime's Strong Bad's option isn't the best option after all, I guess.

@ Skeith Skeith for some fun friendlies. I don't really like playing against Link, but I enjoy playing against Skeith.

@ Shokio Shokio for restoring my faith in Team Doin A Thang. The best doubles strategy is to outsingles your opponents, mirite?

Everyone else I forgot to mention, thanks for being super duper great. If it weren't for all you Chandy fans out there I don't know if I could keep wrecking so hard with my DK.

#bestDKinTexas #top3k #esportskong #platinumage #str8rippin #triggersdown #teamcarbon #finalboss #walshy #ogre2 #strongside

Top Bottom