• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmer Pitches in! (Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons Farmer for Super Smash Bros Ultimate)

Would you like to see the Harvest Moon Farmer in Smash?

• Total voters

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Just a heads up, the rate their chances thread is going to be rating farmer after Dragalia Lost rep concept, which is happening now. Not sure if these actually last 24hrs or what since I'ver never actually posted in the thread, but it's been on Dragalia Lost for a while (and the thread title never updated from Lara Croft). So if interested, get ready to go over there and rep the farmer! =D

amageish

Smash Master
Farmer rating has been interesting, I gotta say...

I'm not surprised that most casual observers don't know the current standing of Story of Seasons IP ownership, but that doesn't really effect anything about their actual odds - only really the optics.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Farmer rating has been interesting, I gotta say...

I'm not surprised that most casual observers don't know the current standing of Story of Seasons IP ownership, but that doesn't really effect anything about their actual odds - only really the optics.
:) It was the perfect opportunity to talk about the series. I found new arguments, and I thought again. There was exactly 1/3 of abstention, but if there was to be a new rating in 6 or 9 months, I guess there would be more opinions (positive or negative).

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, it was definitely frustrating seeing the amount of misinformation that is still apparently being spread about Story of Seasons and who owns what and what the diference between old and new Harvest Moon is. But I was also pleasantly surprised by some of the higher ratings that also didn't seem to come from regulars of this thread. It seems there is some support out there or at least people who also think Farmer is reasonably likely. Perhaps I'm not all that delusional after all! lol

amageish

Smash Master
Not gonna lie, it was definitely frustrating seeing the amount of misinformation that is still apparently being spread about Story of Seasons and who owns what and what the diference between old and new Harvest Moon is. But I was also pleasantly surprised by some of the higher ratings that also didn't seem to come from regulars of this thread. It seems there is some support out there or at least people who also think Farmer is reasonably likely. Perhaps I'm not all that delusional after all! lol
Yeaaaaaaaah... It's honestly pretty simple, but apparently a franchise changing its names makes people assume the worst about the IP ownership haha.

I think Farmer has decent odds. The main argument that I sympathize with from the RTC was that a more casual-orientated character would possibly be better for the base game, but also it's 2019 and I think we can assume even "casual gamers" are capable of downloading DLC...

Ornl

Smash Ace
Here is where it would stay IMO, with this post by Vergeben and without compagnies already represented in the Fighter Pass :
Minecraft - Resident Evil - Overwatch - Kingdom Hearts - Yo-kai Watch - Tales - Touhou Project - Tekken - Assassin's Creed - Dynasty Warriors - Digimon - Devil May Cry - Yakuza - Halo - Tamagotchi - Story of Seasons - Souls - Ace Attorney - Phantasy Star - Professor Layton - DOOM > Tomb Raider - Puyo Puyo - Disgaea - Suikoden - Guilty Gear - Ys - Dead or Alive - NieR - The Elder Scroll - Crash Bandicoot - Mystery Dungeon - SoulCalibur - Ōkami - Ninja Gaiden - Sakura Wars - Space Invaders - Rayman - Raving Rabbits - The Tower of Druaga - Bubble Bobble - No More Herores - Katamari

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
Marvelous won't be the company of the FP5 (link)...
... But the FP5 should be a surprise ^^

SirCamp

Smash Ace
We're still alive my dudes!

I actually think this is good (ish) news for us. I can't say I would have seen a Farmer reveal happening at the game awards since Story of Seasons is just not the type of game the TGA celebrates most of the time. It's just not flashy enough.

So with that in mind, a reveal from a game that isn't TGA friendly, so to speak, is back on the table. And with everything that happened with Verge and Sabi, Farmer seems to be one of the few candidates alive at the moment. And a candidate that has upcoming games for the Switch at that.

This is of course assuming that Verge and Sabi's supposed sources have any legitimacy, which is to say who knows. But I have nothing else to go on right now and Farmer is a candidate either way. Their "leaks" just give me a bit more hope.

amageish

Smash Master
We're still alive my dudes!

I actually think this is good (ish) news for us. I can't say I would have seen a Farmer reveal happening at the game awards since Story of Seasons is just not the type of game the TGA celebrates most of the time. It's just not flashy enough.

So with that in mind, a reveal from a game that isn't TGA friendly, so to speak, is back on the table. And with everything that happened with Verge and Sabi, Farmer seems to be one of the few candidates alive at the moment. And a candidate that has upcoming games for the Switch at that.

This is of course assuming that Verge and Sabi's supposed sources have any legitimacy, which is to say who knows. But I have nothing else to go on right now and Farmer is a candidate either way. Their "leaks" just give me a bit more hope.
Lol. I suppose this is where we've ended up: Let's speculate on the character based on who wouldn't be well-positioned for a Game Awards reveal. Honestly though, representing a farming simulator at the Game Awards when the games all seemed pretty T-for-Teen or above would have been something.

If we do trust Sabi's statement that Verge was wrong literally, then a Marvelous rep is very possible as it was one of the companies that Verge disconfirmed and that retracted said disconfirmation... The spirits don't hurt either... Obviously Farmer has rivals within Marvelous, but as far as characters who are (i) not exactly Game Awards material and (ii) from Marvelous... Well, Farmer has a chance? I guess?

Idk. It feels weird to say that a character I support is actually resembling likely haha. Historically speaking, me thinking someone I want doesn't have a chance is the sign that they will get into the game...

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Lol. I suppose this is where we've ended up: Let's speculate on the character based on who wouldn't be well-positioned for a Game Awards reveal. Honestly though, representing a farming simulator at the Game Awards when the games all seemed pretty T-for-Teen or above would have been something.

If we do trust Sabi's statement that Verge was wrong literally, then a Marvelous rep is very possible as it was one of the companies that Verge disconfirmed and that retracted said disconfirmation... The spirits don't hurt either... Obviously Farmer has rivals within Marvelous, but as far as characters who are (i) not exactly Game Awards material and (ii) from Marvelous... Well, Farmer has a chance? I guess?

Idk. It feels weird to say that a character I support is actually resembling likely haha. Historically speaking, me thinking someone I want doesn't have a chance is the sign that they will get into the game...
What would you say even competes with Story of Seasons as far as Marvelous IPs go? I have a hard time thinking of something that would get in first considering we certainly aren't getting anything Senran Kagura.

I really think Farmer is a sleeper pick at this point for FP5. Though I'm sure there some other options I'm neglecting to consider. And again this is all assuming any of the info about deconfirmed characters is legitimate to begin with. So yeah maybe that's a bit overstated, but it's fun to consider if nothing else. It's certainly the best I've ever felt about Farmer's chances.

And with that in mind, IF we were to get Farmer as a character what would y'all like to see them do?

I actually haven't really put too much thought into it before, because I've always sort of figured it wouldn't matter too much. Sakurai can make anything work after all. But I do have some ideas.

Personally I'd like to have move (side special) where Farmer rides a farm animal (possibly from a random selection) and tramples anyone in their path. Or perhaps a farm animal stampede could be their final smash.

Obviously various farm implements could be used for smashes and tilts (hammer, sickle, hoe, pitchfork).

Up special could be a hot air balloon like in HM64 or perhaps could involve some harvest sprites struggling to lift Farmer through the air sort of like Olimar and his Pikmin.

A power nut should definitely be incorporated somewhere. Perhaps if one of the moves involves vegetables there could be a low chance of getting a power nut, either as a powered up veggie or as a small heal for Farmer.

What about you guys? =)

Ornl

Smash Ace
By relying on Saby, Story of Seasons is indeed one of the rare series to always have its chances. I take stock here.

According to Sabi, the FP5 would belong to one of those that Vergeben had eliminated before its feedback, and he/she wouldn't be one of those he had not mentioned at all (like Sony, for example). Here is the list from which the FP5 would come:
- Arc System Works rep, but not Sol Badguy nor Ragna -> there is no one serious left imo.
- Bethesda rep but not Doomguy -> Dovahkin and Fallout have no chance imo.
- Blizzard-Activision rep but not Crash nor Tracer -> there is no one serious left imo.
- Capcom rep but not Amaterasu, Dante, Monster Hunter nor Phoenix Wright -> there is no one serious left imo.

- Epic Games rep -> Fortnite has no chance imo.
- Koei Tecmo rep but not Hayabusa -> Dead or Alive has, as Guilty Gear, no chance that the pass ends with a fighting game rep just after Terry. Dynasty Warriors has no chance imo.
- Konami rep -> no chance that anyone passes in front of Bomberman imo.

- Marvelous rep -> Travis Touchdown / Farmer dual.
- Microsoft rep -> Steve is still possible. Master Chief has no chance imo.
- Nintendo rep -> Thoughtful and re-thought subject. Its chances seem deadlocked since the Rex and Spring Man deconfirmations.
- Sega rep but not Arle Nadja nor Sakura Shinguji -> no chance that anyone passes in front of Arle Nadja imo. Moreover, Sega has already closed the DLC from Sm4sh, and has already opened the DLC from Ultimate.

- Squenix rep but not Geno nor Sora -> Lara Croft / Bub & Bob weren't directly born from Square or Enix. 2B has no chance imo. Space Invaders have no chance because "series without future are rarely chosen".
- Spike Chunsoft rep, but not Monokuma -> no chance imo.

links: list before feedback, new list.

What about you guys? =)
A political choice: I would like Farmer to use animal exploitation cautiously, so as not to expose farm animals to violence or cruelty. Farm animals aren't Pokémon ^^ Then, I would like Farmer to have control of the ground with vegetation that would have special effects (slow down, hide, poison...), and that he can unearth things or bury his opponents. I would also like that the Blue Feather appears somewhere, because this object is very iconic in my opinion.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
What would you say even competes with Story of Seasons as far as Marvelous IPs go? I have a hard time thinking of something that would get in first considering we certainly aren't getting anything Senran Kagura.
I honestly think Senran Kagura doesn't have as many barriers to entry as people act like it does. Mai couldn't be in the game because she'd basically be unrecognizable if they made a new cleavage-less design. Asuka, meanwhile, could very easily appear in her default form and just not lose her clothing.

Otherwise, Travis Touchdown is kind of in a weird spot, as I thought for sure he was just owned by Grasshopper Studios (Suda's company), but also Marvelous keeps on publishing his games and XSeed even does the localizations... Travis Strikes Again wasn't listed as part of the "Marvelous Sale" last week though, so I think it's probably some sort of complicated negotiation that we will never understand lest we go into copyright law? I don't know if they would be involved with Smash negotiations for him though.

I really think Farmer is a sleeper pick at this point for FP5. Though I'm sure there some other options I'm neglecting to consider. And again this is all assuming any of the info about deconfirmed characters is legitimate to begin with. So yeah maybe that's a bit overstated, but it's fun to consider if nothing else. It's certainly the best I've ever felt about Farmer's chances.
There are definitely some other options - first-party Nintendo characters, the River City franchise for Arc System Works, etc. There is also a chance that all of these disconfirmations are BS and the character was Ryu Hayabusa the whole time. That said, I agree with you that things are looking up.

And with that in mind, IF we were to get Farmer as a character what would y'all like to see them do?

I actually haven't really put too much thought into it before, because I've always sort of figured it wouldn't matter too much. Sakurai can make anything work after all. But I do have some ideas.

Personally I'd like to have move (side special) where Farmer rides a farm animal (possibly from a random selection) and tramples anyone in their path. Or perhaps a farm animal stampede could be their final smash.

Obviously various farm implements could be used for smashes and tilts (hammer, sickle, hoe, pitchfork).

Up special could be a hot air balloon like in HM64 or perhaps could involve some harvest sprites struggling to lift Farmer through the air sort of like Olimar and his Pikmin.

A power nut should definitely be incorporated somewhere. Perhaps if one of the moves involves vegetables there could be a low chance of getting a power nut, either as a powered up veggie or as a small heal for Farmer.

What about you guys? =)
I've always liked the idea of him having an evolving moveset attached to changing "Seasons" that are tied to his health. This changes the crops/animals he uses in his special moves, with Winter ending with him using farming tools as crops don't grow. I know "cat and mouse"-type characters aren't hugely popular after Joker, but I like them and think it'd be a cool way to tie in the life sim elements mechanically.

Otherwise, I agree with your idea about a animal side-special and farming tool tilts. I like the idea of Harvest Sprites helping out for some magic. Crop quality and power nuts could be a fun gimmick on the crop moves, but I'd like to avoid randomness in DLC after Hero haha...

For the Final Smash, someone (either here or on the comments of Billybob's video on Farmer ((side-note: that was his last video before quitting Smash Speculation, which makes me feel weirdly guilty/responsible))) once suggested that the final Smash should be a wedding and I kind of love it. I imagine the farmer pulls out a blue feather to capture people. They are then wisked away to a scene where the Farmer gets married to random bachelor(ette). The captured characters use their clapping animations to celeberate the wedding and then they are pelted with hearts and take damage, with the usual knockback/KO rules from cut-away final Smashes applying. It's so stupid and illogical, but I love it.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
By relying on Saby, Story of Seasons is indeed one of the rare series to always have its chances. I take stock here.

According to Sabi, the FP5 would belong to one of those that Vergeben had eliminated before its feedback, and he/she wouldn't be one of those he had not mentioned at all (like Sony, for example). Here is the list from which the FP5 would come:
- Arc System Works rep, but not Sol Badguy nor Ragna -> there is no one serious left imo.
- Bethesda rep but not Doomguy -> Dovahkin and Fallout have no chance imo.
- Blizzard-Activision rep but not Crash nor Tracer -> there is no one serious left imo.
- Capcom rep but not Amaterasu, Dante, Monster Hunter nor Phoenix Wright -> there is no one serious left imo.

- Epic Games rep -> Fortnite has no chance imo.
- Koei Tecmo rep but not Hayabusa -> Dead or Alive has, as Guilty Gear, no chance that the pass ends with a fighting game rep just after Terry. Dynasty Warriors has no chance imo.
- Konami rep -> no chance that anyone passes in front of Bomberman imo.

- Marvelous rep -> Travis Touchdown / Farmer dual.
- Microsoft rep -> Steve is still possible. Master Chief has no chance imo.
- Nintendo rep -> Thoughtful and re-thought subject. Its chances seem deadlocked since the Rex and Spring Man deconfirmations.
- Sega rep but not Arle Nadja nor Sakura Shinguji -> no chance that anyone passes in front of Arle Nadja imo. Moreover, Sega has already closed the DLC from Sm4sh, and has already opened the DLC from Ultimate.

- Squenix rep but not Geno nor Sora -> Lara Croft / Bub & Bob weren't directly born from Square or Enix. 2B has no chance imo. Space Invaders have no chance because "series without future are rarely chosen".
- Spike Chunsoft rep, but not Monokuma -> no chance imo.

links: list before feedback, new list.

A political choice: I would like Farmer to use animal exploitation cautiously, so as not to expose farm animals to violence or cruelty. Farm animals aren't Pokémon ^^ Then, I would like Farmer to have control of the ground with vegetation that would have special effects (slow down, hide, poison...), and that he can unearth things or bury his opponents. I would also like that the Blue Feather appears somewhere, because this object is very iconic in my opinion.
Understandable. To be honest animal cruelty hadn't really crossed my mind with respect to Farmer's moveset or Smash. I feel like Smash is already so wacky and silly, violence just doesn't seem real to me at all. But I can see where you're coming from.

Regarding Travis though, I was under the impression that Marvelous (and XSeed) just publishes and localizes most of the games while Grasshopper Manufacture does the developing. Which, wouldn't that just make it Grasshopper's IP? Not Marvelous'? Also regardless I was under the impression that Travis was already deconfirmed.

I honestly think Senran Kagura doesn't have as many barriers to entry as people act like it does. Mai couldn't be in the game because she'd basically be unrecognizable if they made a new cleavage-less design. Asuka, meanwhile, could very easily appear in her default form and just not lose her clothing.

Otherwise, Travis Touchdown is kind of in a weird spot, as I thought for sure he was just owned by Grasshopper Studios (Suda's company), but also Marvelous keeps on publishing his games and XSeed even does the localizations... Travis Strikes Again wasn't listed as part of the "Marvelous Sale" last week though, so I think it's probably some sort of complicated negotiation that we will never understand lest we go into copyright law? I don't know if they would be involved with Smash negotiations for him though.

There are definitely some other options - first-party Nintendo characters, the River City franchise for Arc System Works, etc. There is also a chance that all of these disconfirmations are BS and the character was Ryu Hayabusa the whole time. That said, I agree with you that things are looking up.

I've always liked the idea of him having an evolving moveset attached to changing "Seasons" that are tied to his health. This changes the crops/animals he uses in his special moves, with Winter ending with him using farming tools as crops don't grow. I know "cat and mouse"-type characters aren't hugely popular after Joker, but I like them and think it'd be a cool way to tie in the life sim elements mechanically.

Otherwise, I agree with your idea about a animal side-special and farming tool tilts. I like the idea of Harvest Sprites helping out for some magic. Crop quality and power nuts could be a fun gimmick on the crop moves, but I'd like to avoid randomness in DLC after Hero haha...

For the Final Smash, someone (either here or on the comments of Billybob's video on Farmer ((side-note: that was his last video before quitting Smash Speculation, which makes me feel weirdly guilty/responsible))) once suggested that the final Smash should be a wedding and I kind of love it. I imagine the farmer pulls out a blue feather to capture people. They are then wisked away to a scene where the Farmer gets married to random bachelor(ette). The captured characters use their clapping animations to celeberate the wedding and then they are pelted with hearts and take damage, with the usual knockback/KO rules from cut-away final Smashes applying. It's so stupid and illogical, but I love it.
Regarding Senran Kagura, I suppose you could do that, but tbh I just don't see it happening still.

And yeah like I mentioned above to Ornl Ornl I was under the impression that No More Heroes was not Marvelous' IP. Either way though, I was also under the impression that he was already deconfirmed for FP5. I could be wrong about that though.

And awesome. I love the seasons idea. And it really gets to the root of the franchise too. I mostly don't care too much what the moveset ends up being, but I do feel like the more iconic Story of Seasons things that could be thrown in the better. So a Power Nut, a turnip, Harvest Sprites, Harvest Goddess/King (Final Smash?), blue feather, a cow, and so on.

Anyway, here's to hoping we see Farmer in Smash! =D

Ornl

Smash Ace
I was under the impression that No More Heroes was not Marvelous' IP. Either way though, I was also under the impression that he was already deconfirmed for FP5.
Me too x2 ^^
The error about IP came from old discussions on the forum... So I thought I was wrong. But no. And I repeated the error :/ The current poll of the speculation thread makes the difference between the 2 companies.
Edit: I think that if Vergeben eliminated all of Marlevous Inc., it was because he had learned about Travis. But I can't really know the true fact. I have no idea what caused this elimination.
Yes, Travis was one of the first deconfirmations, by one the creators. I'm still suspicious because it could be a troll.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Sign me up for this. HM64 was my jam!

I think I remember reading a Nintendo Power where the fanmail for Melee characters included Jack (I think his default name) was their most wanted character where his side b was ringing the bell and having a cow charge forward.

amageish

Smash Master
I was under the impression that No More Heroes was not Marvelous' IP. Either way though, I was also under the impression that he was already deconfirmed for FP5. I could be wrong about that though.
Suda made a comment that suggested Travis wouldn't be in the pass at all, yes. Granted, Grank Kirkhope also said not to hold one's breath for Banjo, so no idea.

As for No More Heroes, I think it's the same kind of deal as Dark Souls has with Namco Bandai and From Software... As in, we have no idea about the contracts they have going on internally haha.

And awesome. I love the seasons idea. And it really gets to the root of the franchise too. I mostly don't care too much what the moveset ends up being, but I do feel like the more iconic Story of Seasons things that could be thrown in the better. So a Power Nut, a turnip, Harvest Sprites, Harvest Goddess/King (Final Smash?), blue feather, a cow, and so on.
That is very fair. Harvest Goddess doing some literal magic could be an appropriate final smash as well...

Sign me up for this. HM64 was my jam!

I think I remember reading a Nintendo Power where the fanmail for Melee characters included Jack (I think his default name) was their most wanted character where his side b was ringing the bell and having a cow charge forward.
Welcome aboard! That is a really cool bit of history. Glad to know Farmer support has been a thing for a long while.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Hello fellow agriculture enthusiasts! I've made a simple move set for the Farmer I won't get too much into detail for every move, mainly focusing on the specials, overall attack qualities, and cosmetic attributes.

Normals: The Farmer wields a pitchfork as a weapon and uses it for most of their normal attacks, somewhat filling the niche of a "Spearfighter" with long disjointed attacks.

Neutral Special- Sow: The Farmer takes out their bag of seeds and throws out a handful of seeds. The seeds are a spammable low damage and low knockback projectile that travel in an arc. If the seeds land upon a flat surface it will start to sprout into a crop (Potatoes, Tomatoes, Eggplant, Turnips and Pumpkins; the different crops are simply visual) Once seeds hit the ground, Crops take 7 seconds to fully grow and have 10 health each.

Up Special- Chicken Glide: The Farmer lifts a chicken over their head that frantically flaps its wings. After lifting the Farmer a vertical distance, the chicken continues to slow the fall of the Farmer for 3 seconds then the farmer lets go. The farmer can let go of the chicken early, but if the player holds for the entire duration, the chicken will drop an egg that the player can eat to recover 3% health.

Side Special- Reap: The Farmer wildly swings their sickle 3 times in a multi-hit attack with high ending lag. The player may move and chance directions while using this attack. If the Farmer uses Reap and hits a crop the player gains a speed boost and it reduces the ending lag. If the Farmer hits a fully-grown crop, they will also recover 4% HP.

Down Special- Cow Bell: The Farmer rings a bell and a cow is summoned behind them. The Cow is a physical object that can be stood on, block attacks, and launches any enemies that get trampled by it. (Think like a slow Gogoat) The Cow moves at a slow but steady pace, it is affected by gravity, and will stop once it hits a wall or a ledge. The Cow cannot be hurt in anyway and only one can be out at a time.

Final Smash- The Harvest Goddess: Out of a pool of water, the Harvest goddess appears before the Farmer, surrounded by a circle of dancing harvest sprites. The goddess grants the wish of strength and restores 30% HP to the Farmer. Any foes that are caught around the circle of dancing harvest sprites will take 25% damage and a burst of knockback.

Intro animation- Dismounts from a horse

Up Taunt- Handkerchief
3k9dyb.gif

Side Taunt- The Farmers dog appears and he gives him a pet

Down Taunt- The Farmer eats some "Jelly Doughnuts"

Winning Animation 1: The Farmer eagerly Catches a Blue Feather.
Winning Animation 2: The Farmer's dog pounces on and licks the farmer.
Winning Animation 3: The Farmer Rings their bell and is suddenly surrounded by a horse, a cow and a chicken.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Hello fellow agriculture enthusiasts! I've made a simple move set for the Farmer I won't get too much into detail for every move, mainly focusing on the specials, overall attack qualities, and cosmetic attributes.
This is a great moveset! I like the variety of Farmer's skills incorporated into it. I also like the Farmer getting a Blue Feather as a taunt - I imagine screencaptures using that would become a meme online after release...

So, with a potential January Direct around the corner, I've been thinking about potential reveal trailers for various characters... Here's my thoughts for Farmer...

Open with Villager, in the New Horizon artstyle but in the 1-t-shirt Smash costume, running around planting things. This should be done for just long enough to trick the viewer into thinking it's a New Horizons trailer. Villager then runs into Mark, with both attempting to plant something in the same square. Mark smiles and waves, trying to be amicable, but Villager goes full furthless Killager meme and responds by simply gyroid rocketing Mark off-screen. He then plants in the square and runs off. The camera then pans over to Mark, who has been knocked into Pony (side-note: I find it weird how all the other Farmers have normal names, while Pony is just named after her Ponytail) while Pete and Claire look on in horror. Pony helps Mark up and Pete/Claire give Villager chase, causing the splash screen to go up as the two are running with their "weapons" (farming tools, crops, maybe a chicken) at the ready.

I'm just a big fan of Smash trailers pretending to be trailers for other games and Animal Crossing is an easy thing to play off of right now...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Don't mind me, still flipping out over Byleth's reveal. So excited

With them out of the way, guess who slipped up to the 5th spot of my most wanteds? Yup.

anyways, with 6 more characters on the way within a span of about 2 years, this is gonna be a pretty grueling speculation period to say the least

keep strong

here's hoping our farmer boy/girl gets in eventually

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Don't mind me, still flipping out over Byleth's reveal. So excited

With them out of the way, guess who slipped up to the 5th spot of my most wanteds? Yup.
Congratulations on getting Byleth! I'm glad there are people in the world who are happy about them haha...

anyways, with 6 more characters on the way within a span of about 2 years, this is gonna be a pretty grueling speculation period to say the least

keep strong

here's hoping our farmer boy/girl gets in eventually
I will admit that I get a certain amount of existential dread when considering another 2 years of rumour/leak cycles... Smash Bros is a lot of fun, but oh boy is another two years also a long time. The amount that will have changed in my life between this game being announced and the DLC (probably?) concluding is a lot to take in haha...

That said, yes! Let's push onwards into greener pastures. Hopefully they will have someone to farm them.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So I was thinking about some of the other content besides a character would you hope we'd get?

I'd imagine we'd have to get quite a few remixes, since most of Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons music isn't exactly suited for fast paced combat. For the stage it would be cool to see a Farm the shifts seasons overtime, with the visuals and layout changing along with it.

As for Spirits i'd like to see these...

Cow
(:ultkingdedede: Slow moving and hard to launch; Milk food item appears in waves)

Chickens
( 2 :ultfalco: Enemy stats with a Cucco and Cucco item appears in large quantity)

Dog
(:ultduckhunt: that fights with an enemy Farmer)

Horse
(4 :ultyoshi: that can't stop moving and damage enemies when running into them)

Harvest Spirits
(7 :ultvillager: that start with Lip's Stick or Fairy Bottle)

Harvest Goddess
(:ultpalutena: the enemy heals damage at random intervals)

Bachelors (protect :ultdaisy: from :ultlink::ultinklingboy::ultluigi::ultken::ultdoc:)
8FA6394F-FAD9-408E-860C-E1F5701D3A6E.png

Bachelorettes
( 5:ultpeach:that has an allied Wedding :ultmario:)
Image URL.png

Brides
(Enhanced Bachelorettes)

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
So I was thinking about some of the other content besides a character would you hope we'd get?

I'd imagine we'd have to get quite a few remixes, since most of Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons music isn't exactly suited for fast paced combat. For the stage it would be cool to see a Farm the shifts seasons overtime, with the visuals and layout changing along with it.

As for Spirits i'd like to see these...
For music, I'd hope for a variety of songs from across the games, ideally including some (1-2) tracks from Rune Factory. I agree the main stage should be a season-shifting farm, though I imagine it could be a(nother) traveling stage to include Mineral Town as well - potentially with some villagers in the background to react to whatever is happening, as stage cameos are pretty common in the DLC thus far. I'd also like one of the main tracks to change the music to match whatever season the stage is currently set to.

That is an impressive set of spirits! I like the collecting the bachelorettes into one spirit; that's a good organization of them. I would expect a bachelor one to balance it out if we got that though, especially as the main demographic of SoS is female (and Friends of Mineral Town's remake does have same-sex unions, which I assume will be localized into full-on marriages). It also could be funny to make the Cow enhanceable into the Chocolate Cow and the Chicken into Brown Chicken?

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I second the bachelor spirits. I need me my husbandos!

Also the Harvest King should get one. A witch and wizard duo spirit could work as well. Possibly even a kappa spirit?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
For music, I'd hope for a variety of songs from across the games, ideally including some (1-2) tracks from Rune Factory. I agree the main stage should be a season-shifting farm, though I imagine it could be a(nother) traveling stage to include Mineral Town as well - potentially with some villagers in the background to react to whatever is happening, as stage cameos are pretty common in the DLC thus far. I'd also like one of the main tracks to change the music to match whatever season the stage is currently set to.

That is an impressive set of spirits! I like the collecting the bachelorettes into one spirit; that's a good organization of them. I would expect a bachelor one to balance it out if we got that though, especially as the main demographic of SoS is female (and Friends of Mineral Town's remake does have same-sex unions, which I assume will be localized into full-on marriages). It also could be funny to make the Cow enhanceable into the Chocolate Cow and the Chicken into Brown Chicken?
Added in the Bachelor spirits, don’t know why I didn’t add them in the first place.

I like the Rune factory music idea to expand the possibilities.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Actually thinking more about it, it's a little weird that we would have any representation for the crops. But at the same time I think all spirits are at least sentient right? So if we cant just have a crops spirit, but about the Gourmand as a spirit that also showcases a bunch of crops. Could be a fight with Peach and Daisy who favor using down b.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Actually thinking more about it, it's a little weird that we would have any representation for the crops. But at the same time I think all spirits are at least sentient right? So if we cant just have a crops spirit, but about the Gourmand as a spirit that also showcases a bunch of crops. Could be a fight with Peach and Daisy who favor using down b.
We actually do have non sentient spirits such as the Mario Kart vehicles and some Kirby items. I did have trouble finding a suitable artwork to use for the crops though.

the Gourmand idea is great, maybe have things like the maximum tomato show up a lot too.

amageish

Smash Master
Also the Harvest King should get one. A witch and wizard duo spirit could work as well. Possibly even a kappa spirit?
I do wonder how many games they'd want to represent in spirits. Harvest King has a super cool design, but he's so uncommon in comparison to the Harvest Goddess and even the Witch Princess. Heck, even the Gorumet and Pierre appear in slightly more games then him... Kind of sucks, really. Kappa would be funny and is decently reoccuring.

I like the Rune factory music idea to expand the possibilities.
HM has a lot of good music, though I don't know how much of it is battle-ready for a straight RIP. Rune Factory could help supplement that a bit.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Alright I've been trying to figure out what Story of Seasons songs (and some Rune Factory music) that they'd include and remix.

I'm thinking we'd get around 10 songs with the majority being remixes, but what would y'all like to see?

I'd love to hear a new remix of 64's main theme with actual instruments, just hearing it now gets me almost teary eyed.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Alright I've been trying to figure out what Story of Seasons songs (and some Rune Factory music) that they'd include and remix.

I'm thinking we'd get around 10 songs with the majority being remixes, but what would y'all like to see?

I'd love to hear a new remix of 64's main theme with actual instruments, just hearing it now gets me almost teary eyed.
I'd love a medley with all the different BtN/FoMT season themes

Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter all back to back

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

Yeah, it'd be a challenge to have non-remixes sound good due to the usual midi nature of the games...

I think Jamie's Theme from Magical Melody could make a fighting theme easily enough. It's not an especially iconic song, but it's a fun song and is kind of famous for it being far too long for its actual use in-game.

amageish

Smash Master
Made a series icon for Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon, decided to go with the cow since their design with it's large nose is pretty recognizable
View attachment 261840View attachment 261841
Do you like the idea, or do y'all feel like the series would be represented by some other symbol?
I like the cow! The other option that comes to mind is a turnip, but that may make people think of Animal Crossing or Super Mario Bros 2. A Feather could be good, both because of chickens and marriage, but it also would probably be too low-key in comparison to other icons.

amageish

Smash Master
Harvest Moon in the top 45 popular series of all the time on https://downloads.khinsider.com/:surprised:
Well, that can't hurt! It is a series with a devoted fanbase and legacy, if nothing else. It'd be a good Terry-sized franchise to represent in the Second Pass...

Found some remixes of the N64 seasons themes that sound like they could fit in fast paced nature of Smash.
I like the covers! It is nice to see that the music could work with remixes without being too awkward...

Also, we have a localization of Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town confirmed.

Release date is July 10th, 2020. They also are un-localizing some of the names that were changed by Natsume, such as Ann (Ran) and Mary (Marie). It also sounds like it is being published by Marvelous themselves worldwide, so we've possibly lost the "Nintendo publishes games for them" part of the Smash Brothers argument.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Well, that can't hurt! It is a series with a devoted fanbase and legacy, if nothing else. It'd be a good Terry-sized franchise to represent in the Second Pass...

I like the covers! It is nice to see that the music could work with remixes without being too awkward...

Also, we have a localization of Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town confirmed.

Release date is July 10th, 2020. They also are un-localizing some of the names that were changed by Natsume, such as Ann (Ran) and Mary (Marie). It also sounds like it is being published by Marvelous themselves worldwide, so we've possibly lost the "Nintendo publishes games for them" part of the Smash Brothers argument.
I saw it has a release date for Europe and Australia, I wonder when North America will get it?

Top Bottom