Farmer Raises the Stakes! (Harvest Moon Farmer for Super Smash Bros Ultimate)

Would you like to see the Harvest Moon Farmer in Smash?

• Total voters
FARMER (HARVEST MOON) FOR SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE
FoMT_Pete.png

WHO?
The farmer (farmer and name vary from game to game, the one shown above is commonly known as Pete) is the main protagonist of the Harvest Moon (Known in Japan as Bokujō Monogatari) series of games. After acquiring an abandoned farm in a small town, you are tasked to bring it back to it's former glory, by growing crops, and raising livestock. Along the way, you can grow acquaintances with the local townsfolk, and if you're good enough, you'll even be able to woo the bachelor/bachelor of choice and get married.

WHY?
Harvest_Moon_SNES_box_front.jpg

Harvest Moon has been a notable third party series on Nintendo platforms since the first game's release on the SNES in 1997. Going on to have releases on almost every major Nintendo console, onward.
hhmm.png

There are different versions of the farmer throughout the series, both male and female.
The ones shown above from left to right are
Pete, Claire, Mark, Pony. Kevin, and Angela.
talk about obvious alternate costumes

Moveset wise, there's quite a bit of potential. Of course we need to talk about the farming tools. I can see some moves involving a pitchfork, a hoe, an axe, and even a sickle. There's also potential in a possible stamina system. You see, in the Harvest Moon games, when you use tools, you drain some energy, use too much, and you'll faint from fatigue... In Smash it'd probably work like Robin's tomes, being a little bar above the character HUD. Using the tools will drain a bit of the bar, and when it's all gone you'll stop everything to regain some breath, of course, this'll leave you open, so you'll have to think out your moves very carefully, and use your tools wisely.

THEY SOUND INTERESTING, HOW CAN I HELP?
You can help me out in one of two ways

1. Give me suggestions like a potential moveset, or some alternate costumes (This thread is far from complete, so any help will be appreciated)

2. You can show support for their inclusion
All you have to do is vote in the poll above with a yes, or tell me in the thread replies that you support their inclusion. Do either of these things, and I'll add your name to the support list

WE ARE FARMERS! (SUPPORT LIST)

Thank you so much for checking out this thread! And I hope you have a great day!

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Harvest Moon content would be great!

Maybe they can use their pitchforks for their tilts and smashes? I’ll admit, I haven’t really played much Harvest Moon, don i can’t really contribute too much towards moveset.

Their alts should probably be like Villager’s: 4 male, 4 female, with each pair being based on a different Harvest Moon game.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Writing Team
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Loved me Harvest Moon. Sadly I think the Villager does roughly what they could do. Can even grow a tree which would have been a nice idea for the farmer to reference crop growing. Isabelle even took the fishing pole away!

All there's left are the sickle, hoe, hammer, and barnyard animals. I suppose it would be doable...but Villager is essentially taking its charm.

Last edited: