• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fantastic Smash Bros. Suggestions

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
Bring back all the bosses from previous smash games and add a boss rush mode.

tuck :)

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
TUCK#214
Let me know if this suggestion should stay in this thread or go over to the bad suggestion thread LOL. But anyone else think ultimate is way too overloaded in some areas, and really lackluster in others?
Like World of Light was a step in the right direction to how awesome Subspace was, but they got a lot of work to do to get that same level of enjoyment and hype that Subspace gave us in Brawl.
I think there is WAY too many characters. I know that smash is a casual game as well as a competitive one, but I think casual fans weren't boycotting Smash 4 because Wolf and Ice Climbers weren't in it. I know in competition not all 70+ characters are seen, but it's hard for a game so cluttered with characters to have a competitive scene that isn't predominantly about matchup knowledge. I'm thinking a trim down to 40 characters at the least.
Where's Break the Targets? My favorite minigame! Bring it back!!!!
Here's a competitive suggestion: Have every event, Ultimate or Melee, here on out not be sponsored by Nintendo. And have Nintendo leave the competitive scenes completely alone. It's clear they aren't willing to support us at all, and really want us to be shut down more than anything, so it'd be cool if they left us alone.
Also make Ultimate online not terrible LOL

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  • Bandana Dee as a fighter so Kirby can get more representation from modern games
  • More new maps for Smash Run
  • Bringing back Break the Targets
  • Giving Yoshi and Wario a newcomer (Poochy and Shake King could work.)
  • A new story mode that's a mish-mash of Melee's Adventure Mode and Brawl's Subspace
  • Centipede from Atari as a retro rep
  • Dr. Eggman as both a fighter and boss (Just like Ganon and Bowser)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Countering to this thread (https://smashboards.com/threads/really-bad-super-smash-bros-suggestions.452900/), let's list some really good Smash Bros. suggestions. I'll start:
  • Adding Assist Trophies related to each character in each Challenger Pack
  • Adding Sora as a fighter
  • Adding Crash Bandicoot as a fighter
  • Adding Ho-Oh and Grima as bosses
Sora is not a Fantastic Suggestion (mostly because he could be regarded as a Disney Character) maybe a good one but Fantastic is too much

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I presented this idea in a forum game:

Smash Guest Mode enables you to 'taste' a large sample of generics, bosses, and other characters from various games, by allowing you to play as them in character specific challenges. They would not have a complete set of mechanics, nor a complete moveset (depending on the character), and would be exclusive to this mode. The purpose is to satiate cravings for seeing/playing otherwise ignored characters whilst providing a fun, engaging context in which to unlock further content. Some characters you might use in such a mode could be the following:

• Kraid (Metroid)
  • Gnawty (Donkey Kong Country)
Poochy (Yoshi's Island)

The list could go on. There would be an online voting feature to express one's desire to see future development of the character for playable appearances.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
They should add a story mode like Subspace, but with levels closer to Melee's Adventure Mode (as in, actual game locations) with a mix of made up enemies and prexisting ones

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Allow Mii Fighters to change weapons and essentially have 3 clothing options. (For gunner, the weapon is changeable, for brawler the gloves are, and for sword fighter the sword.) Also give the Miis extra 2 specials each category for that extra customization so you're likely to get a Mii closer to the character you want to make.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Let me suggest some Fantastic ones:
Hire Shinya Kumazaki to take care of Kirby in smash! < Best one!
Put Impa in instead of shiek (or merge them)
Allow Mii Fighters to change weapons and essentially have 3 clothing options. (For gunner, the weapon is changeable, for brawler the gloves are, and for sword fighter the sword.) Also give the Miis extra 2 specials each category for that extra customization so you're likely to get a Mii closer to the character you want to make.
That and give Ecah mii 2 Final Smashes and add Mages!

AlRex

Smash Lord
I keep positing the idea of "Trading Cards" as the successor to both Trophies and Spirits and it seems fairly well received when I bring it up. As long as you don't have to physically buy them, I suppose.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
On the topic of Smash Run:
  • 8 players can appear at once
  • Ability to adjust the run time from 5-10 minutes
  • Spirits are available for use
  • Powers return, but only one kind of powers can be used at per match
  • Final Battles:
    • The 8 players are divided into teams of 2 or 4, assuming teamwork is involved; for example, Vs. Enemy team has 2 teams of 8 players taking on countless enemies
  • Enemy ideas

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Subspace Emissary 2 with less areas and enemies being Smash original and more areas and enemies being pulled from the franchises. If this would be hard to do with most of the third party characters, just include few to none of them in it. Smash has enough first party content to work with. Allow the player to choose any character they want for any section of the game as a New Game + feature, that way it can be played with the third party characters on the second go-around.

Bring back individual Break the Targets stages for each character.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Add some more Kirby Reps:
Bandana Waddle dee
Dark matter
Kracko
Whispy Woods
MAgolor
Morpho Knight
Gooey (Echo of kirby)
Galacta Knight (Echo of Meta Knight)
Pick 3 to 5 of these and we are good!

Also like 3 to 4 New Zelda Chars pls!

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
In the next Smash game

1 adding these characters _ note more definitely could be added
1A = Ahri
1B = Master Chief
1C = Impa ( AoC )
1D = Mio
1E = Taion
1F = New Pokemon
1G = New ( Tales of ) Character
1H = Ryza from Atelier Ryza 3

2 make the final smashes only come from breaking the smash ball

3 add an ( aerial smash attack ) button

4 Rework some characters movesets like ; ( Samus & Dark Samus ) & Ganondorf & Mario

5 give us lots of great casual stages like Poke Floats.

6 Do Not bring back stage Hazards which _ KO players / CPUs
6A; please do not bring back any stages with water

7 give us lots of good competitive stages

8 give us better _ Assist Trophies _ which act more like Mini Bosses

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Add Almost EVERY link and with only 2 Full Slots
VERY Minor TOTK Spoilers like REALLY Minor Like Tutorial Spoilers

Has Two Costumes his Tutorial clothing and the champions tunic aswell as his arms
he uses Bomb Flowers as Bombs, a normal Boomerang, and Shoots Light Arrows as FS (I dont know if they are in the game im just using it to be consistnet)
Has Two Costumes both Tunic of the Wild and Champion
He Plays exactly like in ultimate
Has Only One Costume
Uses Bomb Flowers, the regular non grab beetle and shoots rgular arrows from the strongest bow as FS
Has 4 Costumes Normal, Dark, Rich and Zora Tunics
Uses rgular Bombs, The Gale Boomerang and shoots light arrows
Has 4 Costumes Normal, Goron, Zora, dark
Has Regular bombs, a regular boomerang and light arrows
Uses his OOT Moveset but tunrs Back into younglink shortly for his Light Arrow Shot either that or he uses his sword shortly

Like in ultimate
is resized to fit toons proportions also has his own weapons but still has the master sword because he has it in the oracle games

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I think one thing that'd be good for the Super Smash Bros. series going forward would be more variety in remix styles and genres. Whilst I get the appeal of the archetypical "Smash Remix" for some songs, I think it'd be nice to see some more variety (and perhaps have the original songs more as bonuses as opposed to just outright being included.) Like, imagine (if you will) genres like bossa nova, jazz, funk, electronica, jungle and so forth getting their chances to shine as a way of adding a little more variety - that just seems cool, in my mind.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Representing Hyperdimension Neptunia with a stage rather then a fighter.
Out of curiosity any particular reasons or concepts for this? Not too familiar with series but think it has some interesting ideas & surprised since you dont see people want a stage over a fighter for a series often.

Last edited:
Top Bottom