• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Famicom Tantei Detective Ayumi Tachibana Thread (There Was Almost an Ayumi Costume in Bayonetta)

Do you support Ayumi Tachibana and the detective?

• Total voters

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm confused. So Missing Heir was the first one ever made. Then in the NES Girl in the Back was also made. Then Girl in the Back got remaked in the SNES, and ...what?
Actually, that's what I meant. I thought the Satellaview game starring Ayumi WAS the third game in the series that was technically on the Super NES.
To clear things up, there are two games on the NES and the first game in the series (The Missing Hier) is actually a prequel to the second game in the series (Girl in the Back). Think of it how things went with the Star Wars franchise with the first three films being sequels to episodes 1 - 3. While it is true that the Satellaview title on the Super Famicom was considered the third game in the series, The Girl in the Back would be popular enough to receive a remake on the same platform (the game you had played online) and a Game Boy Advance port like The Mysterious Murasame Castle. Is this clear enough?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
To clear things up, there are two games on the NES and the first game in the series (The Missing Hier) is actually a prequel to the second game in the series (Girl in the Back). Think of it how things went with the Star Wars franchise with the first three films being sequels to episodes 1 - 3. While it is true that the Satellaview title on the Super Famicom was considered the third game in the series, The Girl in the Back would be popular enough to receive a remake on the same platform (the game you had played online) and a Game Boy Advance port like The Mysterious Murasame Castle. Is this clear enough?
You know what? How about you add pics of the 3 games' cover and arrange them in the chronological order? That might clear things up. It's just that I thought the first game released in REAL LIFE was the second game chronologically, and the second game released in real life was the first chronologically, with Ayumi's solo game being the third game chronologically.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know what? How about you add pics of the 3 games' cover and arrange them in the chronological order? That might clear things up. It's just that I thought the first game released in REAL LIFE was the second game chronologically, and the second game released in real life was the first chronologically, with Ayumi's solo game being the third game chronologically.
Let me ask you this, are you confused on the canon's timeline or are you simply looking for the order of the game's release? What I was talking about is the order of the canonical timeline and not going by the release of the games. What you're demanding will not have to happen for this night since I am busy with things of my own (like writing) after experiencing a long day that took most of my time. Even though the first game was released before the second, it canonical takes place after the events of the second game (hence the "To be continued" ending of The Girl in the Back).

I've just going to log off right now to blow off some steam since other factors throughout this day are already making me stressed out like the infernal heat in my own house. I'm not going to continue this charade since this day had done enough to ruin my sanity for this time. Just go to a local wiki or simply ask someone else to make this since I'd rather not ruin my night.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Let me ask you this, are you confused on the canon's timeline or are you simply looking for the order of the game's release? What I was talking about is the order of the canonical timeline and not going by the release of the games. What you're demanding will not have to happen for this night since I am busy with things of my own (like writing) after experiencing a long day that took most of my time. Even though the first game was released before the second, it canonical takes place after the events of the second game (hence the "To be continued" ending of The Girl in the Back).

I've just going to log off right now to blow off some steam since other factors throughout this day are already making me stressed out like the infernal heat in my own house. I'm not going to continue this charade since this day had done enough to ruin my sanity for this time. Just go to a local wiki or simply ask someone else to make this since I'd rather not ruin my night.

Oh, man. Uh....dude? Are you okay?:nervous: Listen, I was wasn't trying to tick you off, you know. I'm really sorry.:c I didn't mean anything by it.:c I was just confused about the canonical timeline.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, man. Uh....dude? Are you okay?:nervous: Listen, I was wasn't trying to tick you off, you know. I'm really sorry.:c I didn't mean anything by it.:c I was just confused about the canonical timeline.
Sigh, you shouldn't be the one apologizing. It was mostly me since my stress levels had been off the charts lately and exploding at you earlier was an asinine thing for me to do given that I'm supposed to be the well mannered one around here. There are times when I simply need to a take a break or say "no" instead being forced to do things I don't want to do throughout my life, having a opinion instead of doing everything for the lazy individuals around me (siblings) and just being there to give people company (parents).

What I've said in the last few post is essentially the canonical events in order from the second game to the first to the third ( 2, 1, 3). And I'm truly sorry for getting angry like that since it's the first time in a while since I've last felt that way. If a mod were able to see this, then chances are that I would either get a warning or banned for a while because of that (which is something I would not want to happen). I promise that it will never happen again and that I will indeed keep my anger in check the next time. Would you forgive me?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Sigh, you shouldn't be the one apologizing. It was mostly me since my stress levels had been off the charts lately and exploding at you earlier was an asinine thing for me to do given that I'm supposed to be the well mannered one around here. There are times when I simply need to a take a break or say "no" instead being forced to do things I don't want to do throughout my life, having a opinion instead of doing everything for the lazy individuals around me (siblings) and just being there to give people company (parents).

What I've said in the last few post is essentially the canonical events in order from the second game to the first to the third ( 2, 1, 3). And I'm truly sorry for getting angry like that since it's the first time in a while since I've last felt that way. If a mod were able to see this, then chances are that I would either get a warning or banned for a while because of that (which is something I would not want to happen). I promise that it will never happen again and that I will indeed keep my anger in check the next time. Would you forgive me?

Hey, hey. Don't feel bad. We all have days like that. Heck, I even have more days like that you would think. Besides, I should apologize for coming off as ignorant in terms of Famicom Detective Club's chronology. I mean wasn't doing it on purpose, I was just curious is all. Sometimes, we just need to blow off some steam, and end up expressing ourselves in ways that may seem a bit...over-the-top....But don't worry. We're still friends and I totally forgive you.:):colorful: (I'd add the "heart eyes" smile, but I feel that you'd take that the wrong way. My point is I forgave you from the very start. I wasn't mad at you to begin with, so don't sweat it. I understand that EVERYONE has those days.)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As a final reminder, I will keep counting down until the day the contest is over. Anyone interested can be prepared to follow the instruction's on the first video by @ Denoxkun Denoxkun . This could be the last time we are doing something like this unless he plans on doing a part two for the future after the Smash Ballot's closure. Either way, you can feel free to download the game if you want to know how or why it is a masterpiece.

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Hey just a reminder people! I just started to make the script for my video game review for "Famicom Detective Club: The Girl in Back" SNES Remake. And Azure, don't forget to continue the countdown. As of my writing, there are about 15 days left. It may extend to October 1st depending my pacing of making the game review. And remember too that I need all the entries by Sept 25th and I have no received any new ones this month yet. I really want to have enough entries to display right after the game review on the same video. So please contact me at denoxkunreturns@gmail.com if you are still working on the entry. There is enough entries for the winners of Lucina and Pit but if you make a masterpiece now, you may be 1st prize winner!

IMPORTANT: PLEASE SPREAD THIS POST LIKE WILDFIRE AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS AWARE THAT THE CONTEST STILL EXIST. NEOGAF POST WOULD BE GREAT WITH THE ORIGINAL VIDEO LINK AND UPDATE! THERE IS STILL A CHANCE FOR ANYONE TO WIN A FREE AUSTRALIAN PIT AND US LUCINA AMIIBO. IN OCTOBER I WILL ANNOUNCE A NEW GIVEAWAY CONTEST IF I MANAGE TO GET AN EXTRA ZERO SUIT SAMUS AND OLIMAR AMIIBO! :)

GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE STILL WORKING ON THEIR ENTRY!

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
In the meantime, I think this review that I made myself could use some more views. Anyone heard of Drill Dozer? Its from the same company that brought you the Pokemon series.

I would appreciate it if you give it a watch and let me know what you think in the comment section below. Thank you! I would like to promote this game review because I worked so hard on it and would have expected more than what I am getting. Same with Drill Dozer, super underrated and a retro gem. I know its not Ayumi related but its another obscure Nintendo series I wanted to spread the love about :)

Link to Denox reviews Drill Dozer for the GBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUcyfRTsJ4s

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last warning everyone, there are 6 days left until the contest is over! Anyone who still has a piece to submit will have to do so before it's too late since we already have a few candidates that can qualify as winners. On the 24th is when we will finally release our review and reveal who the top two winners are for this Amiibo contest. It's been an honor doing this and @ Denoxkun Denoxkun would like to thank everyone who had been participating over the summer. While this may not be enough to give Ayumi that push, it should add least give her some notability in the ballot near the lower bottom of the list.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Last warning everyone, there are 6 days left until the contest is over! Anyone who still has a piece to submit will have to do so before it's too late since we already have a few candidates that can qualify as winners. On the 24th is when we will finally release our review and reveal who the top two winners are for this Amiibo contest. It's been an honor doing this and @ Denoxkun Denoxkun would like to thank everyone who had been participating over the summer. While this may not be enough to give Ayumi that push, it should add least give her some notability in the ballot near the lower bottom of the list.
Hey just a reminder people! I just started to make the script for my video game review for "Famicom Detective Club: The Girl in Back" SNES Remake. And Azure, don't forget to continue the countdown. As of my writing, there are about 15 days left. It may extend to October 1st depending my pacing of making the game review. And remember too that I need all the entries by Sept 25th and I have no received any new ones this month yet. I really want to have enough entries to display right after the game review on the same video. So please contact me at denoxkunreturns@gmail.com if you are still working on the entry. There is enough entries for the winners of Lucina and Pit but if you make a masterpiece now, you may be 1st prize winner!

IMPORTANT: PLEASE SPREAD THIS POST LIKE WILDFIRE AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS AWARE THAT THE CONTEST STILL EXIST. NEOGAF POST WOULD BE GREAT WITH THE ORIGINAL VIDEO LINK AND UPDATE! THERE IS STILL A CHANCE FOR ANYONE TO WIN A FREE AUSTRALIAN PIT AND US LUCINA AMIIBO. IN OCTOBER I WILL ANNOUNCE A NEW GIVEAWAY CONTEST IF I MANAGE TO GET AN EXTRA ZERO SUIT SAMUS AND OLIMAR AMIIBO! :)

GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE STILL WORKING ON THEIR ENTRY!
Hey, guys. I would read the end of this interview: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/2...onetta-2-1st-anniversary-with-bayonetta-cake/
You're going to find something REAL shocking in it. Probably almost as surprising, if not just as surprising as Sakurai's confirmation from earlier this year of Ayumi Tachibana being considered for Melee.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey, guys. I would read the end of this interview: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/2...onetta-2-1st-anniversary-with-bayonetta-cake/
You're going to find something REAL shocking in it. Probably almost as surprising, if not just as surprising as Sakurai's confirmation from earlier this year of Ayumi Tachibana being considered for Melee.
An Ayumi Tachibana costume that shoots dialogue? Yet another huge wasted oppurtunity on their part. Still surprised they would even think about using something from Famicom Tantei Club to begin with.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
An Ayumi Tachibana costume that shoots dialogue? Yet another huge wasted oppurtunity on their part. Still surprised they would even think about using something from Famicom Tantei Club to begin with.
I know, right?! When I saw that, I thought, "No freakin' way! Are you serious right now?! Ayumi was intended to cameo in Bayonetta?!" I was so excited to see that, but still, it still didn't beat the hype I felt that day when I saw Sakurai confirmed that Ayumi Tachibana (who is still one of my most wanted retro characters, mind you. Along with EVERY other retro character.:awesome:) was considered for Super Smash Bros. Melee, and what also helped that hype for me that day was the very fact that Sakurai confirmed all of this on my 18th birthday!

Damn it Nintendo. But this could be good thing. After all they acknowledge FTC exists....
Yeah, I thought that that would probably be the silver lining here. That Nintendo and many Japanese game developers have shown on some occasions that they haven't forgotten about the Famicom Detective Club So far, every one I've seen talk about the FDC/FTC has had nothing but good things to say about the game. I mean, an Ayumi-inspired outfit for Bayonetta, and back in March, Sakurai confirming that Ayumi Tachibana herself was considered to be playable in Melee. If I remember correctly, it would seem that the closest Ayumi made it into Melee was that her trophy in Melee was supposedly going to serve as her Classic Mode trophy, had she cleared Classic Mode in Melee. You guys, thinking about it now...Oh, wait. Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey are already in Project X Zone 2. Not to mention Ayumi would probably need to be a bit more relevant even in Japan, to be considered.:urg: Oh, well.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Famicom Detective Club always seems to be getting the short end of the stick, a revival should be done at this point.
With the hype of Ace Attorney and similar games these days, even I'm amazed FDC STILL doesn't have anything. Especially sad how Ayumi's schoolgirl outfit was going to be used in Bayonetta and all.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Famicom Detective Club always seems to be getting the short end of the stick, a revival should be done at this point.
That's more or less what needs to be done in order to put her in a better situation. That is, if there's a single director out there that would want to continue the story after everything the original creator had done.

In other news, there are exactly three days left until the Amiibo contest is over. At this point, everyone who participated should've already sent their works to Denoxkun Denoxkun by now. Time sure does fly when you have to make new art for that precious Amiibo while enjoying a new game that might become your favorite. ;)

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, sadly I regret to say I have only received about 3-4 entries of this contest up to this point. And plus I am in development of the Famicom Detective Club Part 2 review now as we speak so I may take like over a week to make it. I have actually made an announcement in my latest YouTube video saying that I will be delaying the deadline of this contest for early October whenever the video is finished in production.

Been too busy with life to make the video earlier so here is the link to the video so you can know more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBU9PNeZ_LA

So you all still have about a week or two to finish your entries. For all who are still working on theirs to send to me at the last minute, please submit your entry at denoxkunreturns@gmail.com so it can be presented in the end of this video! It would be sad to finish the video and only have a handful of Ayumi fanarts to show.

So I urge you to remember that if you are still gonna enter. If you make a really good art, you will win the Lucina or Pit Amiibo for sure at this point!

So yeah, here's an image of the development of the Famicom Detective Club Part 2 game review I am working on, I believe I may be the first person in YouTube history to actually make a review on this game. Hope you all like! :)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Especially sad how Ayumi's schoolgirl outfit was going to be used in Bayonetta and all.
I hate to say it but there's nothing about her outfit that stands out. It's just a typical school uniform. Unlike Link or Peach's outfits which have a distinct design that can't be mistaken. I suppose that's one of my issues with Ayumi, she doesn't have a distinct design or any features that could make her stand out. She's a Japanese schoolgirl. That's it.

Then again, Little Mac is just a boxer. His design is pretty plain too, so don't take what I'm saying with any offense.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I hate to say it but there's nothing about her outfit that stands out. It's just a typical school uniform. Unlike Link or Peach's outfits which have a distinct design that can't be mistaken. I suppose that's one of my issues with Ayumi, she doesn't have a distinct design or any features that could make her stand out. She's a Japanese schoolgirl. That's it.

Then again, Little Mac is just a boxer. His design is pretty plain too, so don't take what I'm saying with any offense.
That's what makes it hilarious! A Japanese schoolgirl fighting a turtle/dragon hybrid who can breathe fire, 8 YOUNGER turtle/dragon hybrids driving clown-themed copters, an ape wearing a necktie, his nephew, who just happens to be a monkey using a jet-pack made out of BARRELS, an angel and his goddess, a dog and a duck who toss out some of the most crazy items this side of fighting games. and a 17 year-old boxer form the Bronx, who as short as he is, has punches that can almost OHKO almost instantly. Adding a Japanese schoolgirl to the mix would just add to the delicious irony of it all.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I find that the title to this topic is click-baitish lol. I'm curious, they considered her outfit for Bayonetta now I want to know why they didn't finish the costume? That would have been cool, at least it would have been nice to show the less-popular a nod or two once in a while.

Ah nvm I just read the article, I understand why they didn't finish her outfit.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

That may be true, she doesn't really have snugging distinct with her design and could easily be mistake end for any other school girl. Even if the costume were to have a suitcase carried around her skirt, it would still be seen as generic to the average Nintendo fan. The text shooting however would closely resemble the text in the game and only a fan won't be able to view it as a generic 8-bit text from any Famicom title.

Those could be some good reasons why he costume was cut from the final game other than the popular obscurity reason.

I find that the title to this topic is click-baitish lol. I'm curious, they considered her outfit for Bayonetta now I want to know why they didn't finish the costume? That would have been cool, at least it would have been nice to show the less-popular a nod or two once in a while.

Ah nvm I just read the article, I understand why they didn't finish her outfit.
Well, how else any Ayumi supporters would be interested in the news? Have an eye popping title that would attract anyone to the thread with some Bayonetta facts. :troll:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Hm, maybe I should have tried that with my topic. You have to do what you can with these underdogs.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I see only one problem with this -- Do you remember the reason Takamaru was cut? He wasn't well known(enough.) While you have a great idea going here, I'd love to support, but it's hard finding someone who knows who the characters are and harder still to find someone to vote for them. Either way, count me in.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I see only one problem with this -- Do you remember the reason Takamaru was cut? He wasn't well known(enough.) While you have a great idea going here, I'd love to support, but it's hard finding someone who knows who the characters are and harder still to find someone to vote for them. Either way, count me in.
If you don't mind me pointing this out: :marthmelee: and :roymelee:. Sakurai just...does NOT have a good excuse for that. Call me insane, but I think it was time constraints for Taka in Smash 4.

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
If you don't mind me pointing this out: :marthmelee: and :roymelee:.
You DO have a point, though in all honesty, those two were put in for the Japanese players. They knew pretty well most of us Western players wouldn't have a clue who they are. *laughs*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With these last few weeks of the ballot preparing for an end and Operation Tachibana coming to a close, you might as well become one of our last few supporters until then. Ayumi does indeed have the same problem as him, except her game is still Japan-exclusive with his title being available in the eShop everywhere. One way I could see changing the tides of the situation is if the series had a better future going for it (which seems a bit bleak in comparison to Kid Icarus and Punch Out at the moment).

Still wonder how different things would be if the developers actually included the Ayumi costume in Bayonetta 2. Though she would still not be easily interpreted by Nintendo fans due to the generic appearance unlike how Valkyrie's outfit was still recognizable on Sophitia in Soul Calibur II. :laugh:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
With these last few weeks of the ballot preparing for an end and Operation Tachibana coming to a close, you might as well become one of our last few supporters until then. Ayumi does indeed have the same problem as him, except her game is still Japan-exclusive with his title being available in the eShop everywhere. One way I could see changing the tides of the situation is if the series had a better future going for it (which seems a bit bleak in comparison to Kid Icarus and Punch Out at the moment).

Still wonder how different things would be if the developers actually included the Ayumi costume in Bayonetta 2. Though she would still not be easily interpreted by Nintendo fans due to the generic appearance unlike how Valkyrie's outfit was still recognizable on Sophitia in Soul Calibur II. :laugh:
If by some extremely dumb luck Ayumi gets in Smash 4 I will shout like Etika, walk to my local store and get a $200 E-Shop card.

Last edited:

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
*AHEM* Incase you don't remember, Azure! I did said that even when this contest ends, Operation Tachibana will live on and will last until NINTENDO recognize and promotes her again. And I would need help from people to continue this Operation Tachibana movement. Sadly it is true that Ayumi's outfit is generic but like smashkirby smashkirby said, it would be nice to see a japanese school girl fight against a lot of distinctive characters from Nintendo. Plus we don't have a japanese school girl in the Smash roster, so having at least Ayumi there is good enough, any other girls like that coming after would obviously be seen as clone characters of Ayumi. So Ayumi would be an original there in that categories and the movesets that some fans made for her is pretty original.

So yeah, I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN IF I HAVE TO, OPERATION TACHIBANA WILL CONTINUE FOR YEARS TO COME EVEN AFTER THE AYUMI CONTEST ENDS! :3

I am about 20-30% done with the review so by next week it should be ready to upload. Hope you guys will enjoy it once it's up and promote the Famicom Detective Club series. :) Have a good night everyone!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*AHEM* Incase you don't remember, Azure! I did said that even when this contest ends, Operation Tachibana will live on and will last until NINTENDO recognize and promotes her again. And I would need help from people to continue this Operation Tachibana movement. Sadly it is true that Ayumi's outfit is generic but like smashkirby smashkirby said, it would be nice to see a japanese school girl fight against a lot of distinctive characters from Nintendo. Plus we don't have a japanese school girl in the Smash roster, so having at least Ayumi there is good enough, any other girls like that coming after would obviously be seen as clone characters of Ayumi. So Ayumi would be an original there in that categories and the movesets that some fans made for her is pretty original.

So yeah, I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN IF I HAVE TO, OPERATION TACHIBANA WILL CONTINUE FOR YEARS TO COME EVEN AFTER THE AYUMI CONTEST ENDS! :3

I am about 20-30% done with the review so by next week it should be ready to upload. Hope you guys will enjoy it once it's up and promote the Famicom Detective Club series. :) Have a good night everyone!
Milking as usual I see?

So how else would you garner attention after the Amiibo are given away. With more Amiibo contests? And I figured that you wouldn't be satisfied with four pieces in the end since few people are willing to give her a chance (Muh Shovel Knight and Shanate!). The review should more or less garner some interest since people will know what to expect before they actually play the game itself and I'm not so sure how this hype train will last when people can't vote for her anymore after October. In the end, you're the boss and you seem to have an idea of how future plans should work.

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Not really Amiibo contest xD The next Amiibo contest I am planning to do is to help promote my new Facebook Page for my DenoxSeries YouTube Fan Community where they can post variety of topics from Nintendo, Amiibo, Tech, Anime or anything related. My goal there is to grow my fanbase. I will be working for the fans to ensure they will be excited in whatever I have to offer them. I will reveal that Facebook Group in early October when I post that new giveaway contest :)

The reason why I want to continue Operation Tachibana after October is not really to ensure that she becomes playable for Smash but simply to raise awareness of her and the Famicom Detective Club games. That is what the review will be for, after that review will be a small segment to motivate people to help Operation Tachibana expand more than ever before.

Why stop Operation Tachibana just to put her in Smash? I just want her and her games to gain a lot more recognition. So I can use all the help I can get. That upcoming video will explain all that. :) And will be posted here as soon as its done and uploaded. We can't simply wait for Nintendo to MAYBE promote the Famicom Detective Club series to the west. We need to let Nintendo know that's what we want and why we want it. Next month I will research how we can do all that. :)

Hope you'll all look forward to it!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is going to be our official Operation Tachibana page that will continue for after the Smash Ballot and we hope to gather enough interest for a brand new revival. Those who support Ayumi or are legit fans of the games can feel free to join since we will mostly talk about the games while interesting new people in trying out this masterpiece. While the Detective Club Girl might not gain enough notoriety from that contest or have a good position in the ballot, she can probably gain more fans in the future once more people know of her adventures.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/554274568057487/

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! Just wanted to inform everyone who are fans of the Famicom Detective Club series and people who have submitted their entries to me, the winners has been announced! But you will have to watch this video until the end to find out.

I made a full on game review of the Famicom Detective Club 2: The Girl in Back and finally finished it. I worked my butt off in this and enjoyed it! I hope you may also help to spread the word of the review so more people can be aware that such a masterpiece exist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MCG8xMvIbg

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey everyone! Just wanted to inform everyone who are fans of the Famicom Detective Club series and people who have submitted their entries to me, the winners has been announced! But you will have to watch this video until the end to find out.

I made a full on game review of the Famicom Detective Club 2: The Girl in Back and finally finished it. I worked my butt off in this and enjoyed it! I hope you may also help to spread the word of the review so more people can be aware that such a masterpiece exist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MCG8xMvIbg
While it may not mean much, I've managed to share this review to Tumblr already. If any of my previous posts about the series were to be reviewed, it should take about a week for it to catch on to some followers (they only care about Dong jokes). It's hard to really convince a crowd to follow an obscure character/franchsie when the whole ballot is all about who's the best characters for Smash are (indies or first parties).

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Well it's been 18 days since someone posted something... so here's Ayumi Tachibana Smashified! ..... by ArtyTank of Devientart!
ayumi_tachibana___super_smash_bros_wii_u_render_by_artytank-d9dnicp.png

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well it's been 18 days since someone posted something... so here's Ayumi Tachibana Smashified! ..... by ArtyTank of Devientart!View attachment 78913
Looks like someone's confirmed for the next Dead or Alive game. :smirk:

No really, it looks fantastic since the bright colors make her really pop out and she also got that lol that says she's confident for some *** kicking.

And yes, I'll be honored to become the newest member of the Detective Club since I loved the second game's story in addition to the atmosphere of it. While I wouldn't mind the Protagonist himself, Ayumi would make so much more sense since she was popular enough to have the third game dedicated to herself. That confidence building gimmick is arguably the best way to make her moveset stand out while having a move that allows her to attack with the key items from the games.

Mind adding me to the support list, Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan ? :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Who dare summons the almighty Azure Warrior?

Oh, it's my little dumpling face again asking to be a new member. XD

Looks like someone's confirmed for the next Dead or Alive game. :smirk:

No really, it looks fantastic since the bright colors make her really pop out and she also got that lol that says she's confident for some *** kicking.

And yes, I'll be honored to become the newest member of the Detective Club since I loved the second game's story in addition to the atmosphere of it. While I wouldn't mind the Protagonist himself, Ayumi would make so much more sense since she was popular enough to have the third game dedicated to herself. That confidence building gimmick is arguably the best way to make her moveset stand out while having a move that allows her to attack with the key items from the games.

Mind adding me to the support list, Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan ? :p

No worries love, I've added you to the list in a jiffy. Now you can talk about your favorite SNES remake here whenever you like.

Everything you said more or less sum up my thoughts of the Smashified. Though if there's one complaint I have, it's that she looks a bit too mature in terms of her facial expressions. But everything else, including the pose and colors, are spot on.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well Sakurai has stated he wanted to revive or at least bring back more retro titles a la Kid Icarus & Pit.
This game seems to have been very popular at the time when a lot of these devs were in their late teens (including Sakurai,) so I am sure it isn't out of the realm of possibility. I hope Sakurai does reboot more franchises- Ice climbers anyone? F-Zero? Mysterious Murasame Castle? Advance Wars *cough*Intelligent Systems still says they are still interested in AW*cough*? Mach Rider? etc.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro , do you plan on updating the roster image of Ayumi with that Smashified piece for your game?

Top Bottom