• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Famicom Tantei Detective Ayumi Tachibana Thread (There Was Almost an Ayumi Costume in Bayonetta)

Do you support Ayumi Tachibana and the detective?

• Total voters

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Again, I apologize for the double post since I'm finally finished with the movset. Take a look at it and tell me what you guys think. I made sure to stay true to her character while incorporating various elements from the series in her moveset. Needless to say, I'm proud of all the work I've worked into.

Ayumi is not a skilled fighter, that's for sure. As such, her moveset is based around the idea that she starts off weak, and has to use defensive skills to keep her safe (ie, she could have a ranged flashlight attack). Taking some inspiration from Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Ayumi's Down B technique would be to search for evidence. In a way, this attack is meant to serve as a buff and as a debuff. As she collects more evidence, she gets stronger and stronger (kind of like a certain Aura Pokemon’s gimmick, except based on a special stat). Overall, it should be considered a "confidence" stat - when she has found more evidence, she can do better overall. This stat affects the damage of every attack she has.

STATS

Screen Name: Ayumi Tachibana

Size: 5/10

Weight: 3/10

(Running) Speed: 5/10

Power: Varies, but starts at 3/10

Jump: 5/10

Fall Speed: 6/10

Crouch: Yes

Crawl: No you perverts!

Wall Jump: Yes

Wall Cling: Yes. (which character doesn't?)

Entrance Animation: Ayumi walks onto the stage with her partner the Protagonist, who would leave her behind and she begs for him not to go.

Idle Animation: She stands nervously with her hands at her side. Sometimes she would mess around with her ponytail or even look at her map from the BS sequel.

Walking Animation: She walks slowly like any timid girl would do.

Running Animation: She runs quickly while shuffling her arms within each stop (typical schoolgirl run).

Stunned Animation: She struggles to hold herself up like she’s preparing to faint with her hands wobbling and eyes looking faint.

Sleeping Animation: She sleeps on her back peacefully like she’s doing so back in her home in Ochitana Village.

B: Evidence -Ayumi, using the evidence she had gathered, confronts the opponent with their apparent "crime". Ayumi fires the evidence at the opponent, who must dodge, parry, and shield the best he or she can since it’s a fast moving projectile. The opponent has a health meter for this portion, which depletes when an attack is not shielded, parried, or dodged. The more evidence Ayumi has, the more likely she is to come out the victor. But if she throws every evidence she has, she is back to her default strength. She would start the match without any evidence like how Olimar would start with few Pikmin in any Smash round.

Magnifying Glass: A light and fast moving projectile that deals minimal damage.

Vase: A heavier object that shatters upon impact and can’t be thrown very far, slightly stinger damage.

Coffee: It’s a projectile that can be thrown half the distance of the magnifying glass and can put foes to sleep upon impact.

T.U. Pen: Throw farther and faster than the magnifying glass to deal minimal slash damage.

Plastering Tools: Does more damage than the pen, but can be thrown at a short distance due to weight. Has a high possibility of breaking shields and other defenses.

Mirror Shard: The rarest evidence of the bunch, it can be thrown at the fastest speed in comparison to any projectile and deals more slash damage than the T.U. Pen.

Side B: Flashlight - A ranged attack that does no knockback or damage, but stuns the opponent, giving her time to build up her evidence.

Up B: Umbrella - Ayumi pulls out her umbrella, and a gust of wind carries her upward and sideways. Unlike Peach’s, it’s a non damaging move and she can cancel it more easily.

Down B: Evidence Shift - Works as described in lead paragraph. Does nothing if she already has all three pieces of evidence. All of the B attacks are designed to be around defense or general non-violence with the exception of the Neutral Special. Some of these items include material like magnifying glass, vase, coffee, T.U. pen, plastering tools, and mirror shard.

Final Smash: The Girl in the Back- An ominous “Ayuuuuuuumiiiii!” can be heard as Ayumi herself grow scared and shivers in fear. The screen starts to dark with a minor fog rolling in to surround her body. Then the ghost of Yoko Kojima suddenly appears with her tattered appearance and Ayum looks back at her. The ghost would emit a banshee like wail that terrifies her living friend and any other fighter around a medium sized radius. This would then send opponents flying away and they would have a high chance of being KO’d depending on how high their damage meter is (Think the 5-volt stage hazard from the Gamer stage). Once the Final Smash is over, the ghastly girl would disappear leaving Ayumi covering her head in fear. The terrified girl would get up and look around to see if the ghost is gone and sighs in relief after it’s over.

A (low confidence): A light slap (like the one any girl would do)

A (high confidence): A simple jab

AA (high confidence): A harder jab

AAA (high confidence): The last jab required for kickback.

Dash A (low confidence): Trip & Tumble - Ayumi clumsily trips on her shoe and tumbles back onto her feet.

Dash A (high confidence): Ayumi leaps forward and performs a kick.

Up tilt (low confidence): Ayumi blindly slaps into the air.

Up tilt (high confidence): Ayumi throws a quick punch into the air.

Down tilt (low confidence): Ayumi does a light kick.

Down A (high confidence): Ayumi trips the opponent with her left leg.

Forward tilt (low confidence): Ayumi throws a small rock.

Forward tilt (high confidence): Ayumi throws this rock at a further distance with some strength in the projectile.

Forward Smash (low confidence): Ayumi swings her shoulder case.

Forward Smash (high confidence): Ayumi performs a multi-punch attack.

Up Smash (low confidence): Ayumi performs an ineffectual attack into the air with her shoulder case.

Up Smash (high confidence): Ayumi uppercuts into the air.

Down Smash (low confidence): Ayumi swings her handbag downwards.

Down Smash (high confidence): Ayumi kicks the opponent down into the ground hard.

Neutral air (low confidence): Swings a school book.

Neutral air (high confidence): Does a rotational kick with her left leg.

Forward air (low confidence): Pops her parasol open forward.

Forward air (high confidence): Does a punch that carries with it a small forward movement.

Back air (low confidence): Quickly swings her shoulder case behind her.

Back air (high confidence): Sharply jabs backwards with her elbow.

Up air (low confidence): Pops her parasol open upward gives her a small lift, but is closed quickly afterward).

Up air (high confidence): Does an uppercut into the air, which gives her a small lift.

Down air (low confidence): Swings her map from the Sattelaview sequel downwards.

Down air (high confidence): Does a divekick.

Grab (low confidence): Reluctantly grabs the opponent.

Grab (high confidence): Twists the opponent's arm behind his or her back like a detective.

Pummel (low confidence): Slaps the opponent.

Pummel (high confidence): Punches the opponent.

Forward Throw (low confidence): Pushes the opponent away (hard enough to create SOME distance at least).

Forward Throw (high confidence): Headbutts the opponent and launches him or her forward.

Up Throw (low confidence): Tosses them slightly into the air.

Up Throw (high confidence): Punches the opponent in the chin and sends him or her upward.

Back Throw (low confidence): Spins around behind the opponent and shoves him or her.

Back Throw (high confidence): Swings the opponent around and around and throws him or her behind her.

Taunt 1 (low confidence): She pulls out a photo and says “Oh Yoko” in a sorrowful tone.

Taunt 1 (high confidence): Pulls out a thick notebook and reads its contents.

Taunt 2 (low confidence): Looks through her shoulder case in a panicked gesture.

Taunt 2 (high confidence): Pulls a magnifying glass out of her shoulder case and examines a piece of evidence.

Taunt 3 (low confidence): Tries to get her phone to work, only to become give up to lack of patience.

Taunt 3 (high confidence): Calls somebody on the phone, and then hangs up.

Victory Animation 1: She cheers by jumping in excitement and says “I did it!” before doing a V for Victory pose.

Victory Animation 2: She holds her hand in front of her chest while saying “Yoko, I bet you’ll be proud of the justice I commit today” before looking at the camera with a sad look.

Victory Animation 3: The Protagonist would appear beside her and rubs her head like an older brother would. Ayumi would say “Stop that, we know that the case was solved” before glaring at him, which would cause him to laugh at her. Lose Animation: She cries with her eyes open and sorrowful look on her face, reference to The Girl in the Back’s intro when she saw Yoko’s corpse.

Series Icon: A detective’s magnifying glass

Victory Theme: A remixed part of Famciom Tantei Club II’s Title Screen Intro.
You forgot a down throw.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You forgot a down throw.
Thanks for the reminder, it was made under a tight schedule for pre-Independance Day preparations. That shall taken cared of soon as my entire yard is decorated.

Edit: It's finally updated in both the OP and the last post (down throws added). :)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hai.

@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan (re-)invited me here.

I heard there were cute girls in tiny skirts.

Where do I (re-)sign up?
You've came to the right place my feline friend. Allow me to do you a favor and sign your name to our small, but dedicated support list. ;)

Our cute detective will have her time to shine this weekend once that new video is out and I've been doing some advertising on a few communities this night (Gamefaqs, Tumblr, and DeviantArt). What we need you and any other individual on the list to do is spreading the word once it's finally out. The more people who see our documentary/contest, the more support we will get plus new fanart for Miss Ayumi. Aiming big is our goal and we might wind up getting the attention of the higher ups if we are noisy enough.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
You know what, just because she was already considered for Melee (which means that Sakurai has a moveset idea for her), I'd be interested in what his original idea for her was. If Operation Tachibana got enough support that Sakurai actually did end up adding her, that would be pretty sweet, Also, a Smashified render will go a long way, as with any character, so get the team to notice her!

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
OKAY PEOPLE, THE TIME FOR THE AYUMI REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN! THE ORIGIN OF AYUMI TACHIBANA VIDEO HAS JUST BEEN UPLOADED TO MY CHANNEL! Here is the link below to get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHAhgokUdvs

This is the video we need to promote the living crap out of so we can meet all our goals by September 25th which will be the same day the full review of the Famicom Detective Club games will be released and the deadline of the Ballot! I am hyped and happy that many here are ready to help spread the awareness of this abandoned Nintendo IP to the West! We need to tell Nintendo too to localize her games to the West like they did with Earthbound Beginnings! :) Good luck! I will be promoting it myself as well a couple of days from now since I still have a busy schedule, so the times I am aware, be sure many sees this and put it in as many forums, facebook, twitter, tumblr, DA, Youtube, etc pages as possible. :)

If you want Ayumi Tachibana to be at least half as popular as Splatoon, Mario, Zelda and Pokemon (Which is an exaggeration but you get my idea) by the end of the year, we need to do this together! :) Hope this video was made very well to many people's eyes because I did my best, its not the most professional video out there but it should get the job done! :)

LET THE OPERATION TACHIBANA MOVEMENT BEGIN!!!!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
OKAY PEOPLE, THE TIME FOR THE AYUMI REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN! THE ORIGIN OF AYUMI TACHIBANA VIDEO HAS JUST BEEN UPLOADED TO MY CHANNEL! Here is the link below to get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHAhgokUdvs

This is the video we need to promote the living crap out of so we can meet all our goals by September 25th which will be the same day the full review of the Famicom Detective Club games will be released and the deadline of the Ballot! I am hyped and happy that many here are ready to help spread the awareness of this abandoned Nintendo IP to the West! We need to tell Nintendo too to localize her games to the West like they did with Earthbound Beginnings! :) Good luck! I will be promoting it myself as well a couple of days from now since I still have a busy schedule, so the times I am aware, be sure many sees this and put it in as many forums, facebook, twitter, tumblr, DA, Youtube, etc pages as possible. :)

If you want Ayumi Tachibana to be at least half as popular as Splatoon, Mario, Zelda and Pokemon (Which is an exaggeration but you get my idea) by the end of the year, we need to do this together! :) Hope this video was made very well to many people's eyes because I did my best, its not the most professional video out there but it should get the job done! :)

LET THE OPERATION TACHIBANA MOVEMENT BEGIN!!!!

So the moment of truth is upon us and we have that perfect catalyst to start our movement. As the own of this thread, I will now begin to make this video as spread as possible over the weekend (but not tomorrow due to family and fireworks) since the whole world needs to see this.

@Erotic&Heretic @StaffofSmashing @~ Valkyrie ~ @KatKit @ Inawordyes Inawordyes @ Wintropy Wintropy @F-Tone @POKEMANSPIKA @Darth Nightmaricus @dezeray112 @bksbestbwoy @ L9999 L9999 @Chalphy @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club @Thatkidwiththeafro @ smashkirby smashkirby @ Troykv Troykv @Tepig2000 @andimidna

Our main mission for this summer is to spread this video through any community you follow and make sure that we captivate that public audience. Whether it's a simple fan who will cast a vote or a highly skilled artist, there needs to be a lot of people competion for that there Amiibo is the series will get that attention it deserves. So anyone who's in it to win or ready for this movement to spread it's wings, get ready to do anything possible to make Operation Tachibana a big movement!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alright guys, I have our first mission ready for you all and you better listen well. You guys might be aware of a guy named Etika right? You know the guy from New York who is known for his exaggerated reactions and a fan following that abuses Lenny faces? We need to start storming his Twitter account and asking him to make a video about our contest. That way, we can have a bit more publicity and more people would be able to participate in the contest.

https://twitter.com/etikawnetwork

So don't be shy and start sending tweets to him about our video if you really want us to gain some serious traction. We need more than juts simply four people to do this since he normally makes a video in response to many people requesting him to make it. So get out there and make our girl proud by telling Etika about his **** our video! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Very good, Azure! That's exactly what I was going to say xD But remember there is a limit of words to put in his tweet. We also have to send him a message if he has a facebook account. I don't recommend YouTube messaging since its so unstable there these days. :p But good job so far, Azure!! We need to find multiple people to tell Etika to make a video reaction on this and promoting Ayumi Tachibana as a character and the Lucina Amiibo giveaway.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about spamming people with Ayumi until they notice her, it feels a little forceful. The effort is good and I see where you're going with this, but this technique might only get people annoyed instead of interested. That's just my two cents though.

"Want a Lucina amiibo? Vote for a character you just learned about and spread the word because the video said to" might not get people invested. They should play the game if they can.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I dunno about spamming people with Ayumi until they notice her, it feels a little forceful. The effort is good and I see where you're going with this, but this technique might only get people annoyed instead of interested. That's just my two cents though.

"Want a Lucina amiibo? Vote for a character you just learned about and spread the word because the video said to" might not get people invested. They should play the game if they can.
Now that you mention it, it could easily be a bit forced in a way where some can get annoyed. Gamefaqs was a good example in which most of the answers I've had in a poll ranged from "I would rather buy one myself" to "I already own one" while I had little replied. So a different approach is what's really needed to get that attention.

We do have the link to the ROM in the video's description so that people can download the game and check it out. It's even recommended in the video in question since we figure that having people play the game first would be the best way to do things. We should have known that the population of people willing to vote for a character they don't know about is extremely low in comparison to hardcore supporters (K. Rool and Shantate being good examples).

Hey @ Denoxkun Denoxkun what are your thoughts on this?

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Hey @ Piks Piks , I do understand where you are coming with this and I did not clearly mentioned in the video recommending people who does not know nothing of Ayumi previously to try out her English Translation game first before they decide to enter the contest. Because to be honest, I highly do recommend it and I plan to add an annotation right when I talk about how to enter to clearly state this so @Azure and every other Ayumi fans, let them know about that so they can be informed that they are not forced to vote for Ayumi Tachibana in the ballot to enter the contest if they wish to try her game first. Its still required but they should try the game to see if they will truly support her. We would like eventually for true new Ayumi fans to enter this contest and not have to feel forced to do so just for a Lucina Amiibo. Hope we are all clear here and I apologize for not making it clear in the video.

One more thing, make sure you let anyone who truly loves how the video came out to put a like on the video. I know I have some trolls that dislikes for some reason and some that are annoyed by the force part which I will make it clear in an annotation. But we can't really afford for the video to have more dislikes than likes cause it will make Operation Tachibana look bad and we really want to maintain our image. Dislikes are expected but we have to try to avoid as much as possible. Once a dislike is placed, we can't remove it. Nor do I want to disable the thumbs feature.

Last edited:

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Ohh and I just realize there was no links to the game itself on our video, my mistake :p And I'm sorry for that. Now its fixed, this link I just found: http://www.letsplaysnes.com/play-famicom-tantei-club-part-ii-online/?play=true#content Allows players to play the game directly on the website without the need to download it so I think its a good way for people to get an idea on the game before they download since I am not certain if it can save but if its saved to your computer's memory, its fantastic! Now since this link is included and the disclaimer, make sure you inform everyone about the changes we made in the video to clear this out. Thanks for pointing them out for me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ohh and I just realize there was no links to the game itself on our video, my mistake :p And I'm sorry for that. Now its fixed, this link I just found: http://www.letsplaysnes.com/play-famicom-tantei-club-part-ii-online/?play=true#content Allows players to play the game directly on the website without the need to download it so I think its a good way for people to get an idea on the game before they download since I am not certain if it can save but if its saved to your computer's memory, its fantastic! Now since this link is included and the disclaimer, make sure you inform everyone about the changes we made in the video to clear this out. Thanks for pointing them out for me.
Good job on fixing the link since that is a crucial part of this video. We want plenty of new people to play the game after all and it's too good to not be experienced by someone new. With that new link of yours, people won;t have the download the video at all and play it right on the fly with no problem.

On a side note, I've finally got around to sharing the video to my fans on the Ayumi for Smash Facebook community so they can do their part for the video. Hopefully the other mod that I've recently hired also do his part since he's an excellent artist and a huge fan of anime. If he never got a chance to play the game yet, then now is the right time for him to do so. :4pacman:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

This is one of the first few submissions we had since last week. That Ike joke goes so well with the situation since Takamaru might not have his chance this time. :laugh:

But on a more serious note, we are currently trying to find ways of promoting this contest. One idea we had was making a topic on this in the Artwork Emporium sub forum of this site since it technically counts as a Community Project (expect actual prizes will be involved).
Speaking of prizes, we are currently negotiating on having a Pit Amiibo as the second place prize since he's an equally rare/popular choice. I'm sure that are plenty of Kid Icarus Uprising fans out there that would want to join because of him in case they don't like Lucina as a character.

And lastly, few people actually started to download the game thanks to the video and they are starting to enjoy it. They haven;t fully agreed to participate yet, but they will probably have a solid opinion on her once they get through with the game. So it turns out that we are actually doing well in encouraging people to join (Even an old DeviantArtist that actually made Ayumi fanart before), but we just need some more ways of promoting it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Heyy everyone! Sorry for the inactivity for almost 2 weeks. Been super busy with life and taking it easy playing a lot of video games, especially the Wii U I just bought recently as well as hanging with friends. I wanted to give you all an update on the Ayumi Contest real quick.

1.) There is confirmed now to be an amiibo prize for a person who wins 2nd place. Since when I originally was trying to sell it at the price's worth and failed. I decided to hold on to it and put it as 2nd prize. That Amiibo is Pit! So yeah, any Kid Icarus fans can look forward to earning this as their entry.

2.) Is that I just posted a new forum on the Artwork Emporium page of Smashboards regarding the Ayumi Tachibana contest and the update. Plus the video link is included. I want you all to promote this page too if you support Ayumi and get more people to join the contest. We still have over 2 months before this contest ends and we have to continue promoting this, we cannot stop for nothing so make sure Etika sees this too if possible:
http://smashboards.com/threads/looking-for-a-lucina-or-pit-amiibo-read-here-to-find-out-how.410322/

So anyone who plans on entering or are working on a masterpiece for Ayumi Tachibana and her Famicom Detective Club games, good luck and I hope to see some epic artworks from you all before this contest ends. I already received a handful of entries so I hope it keeps up!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The negativity is real. Not only the dislikes had risen to a good 8, but few people are now calling bull**** because they this is all about making you happy Denoxkun.

We've just got to find better ways of advertising this movement since few people had been spreading the word on Tumblr at all. And before you mention Etika again, he only shares a video unless he gets a ton of requests.

Maybe we are better off waiting until a day when Nintedo actually announced the localization of a FDC title. Or perhaps the 400 people who seen it are actually playing the game as we speak to get a good idea of how she is.

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Hey people! I just wanted to inform you all that I just made a new video about a small update for the Ayumi Tachibana contest. Here is the video below so you can help spread this around like wildfire as well. All the exposure it can get will be greatly appreciated :)

It would be nice if Etika can make a video about this movement but I think we will need to get many people to spread it around and maybe eventually Etika will stumble upon this hidden gem to try out. But we cannot quit and wait for Nintendo to do something they may never do. If the fans don't speak up for a hidden gem to have a remake or rerelease on the eshop, then it may never happen and Nintendo will think they are not interested in a game like that so there will be no point in bringing it.

Just do what you do now to promote this and get people to play the game provided in the video that I have linked to here. Simple as that, play the game and tell them if they love detective games, they will love this. Very simple you can tell all your friends into those things or want to try out new Nintendo games.

I also want to be clear too that even after the contest ends, we will still be promoting the Operation Tachibana in many different creative games. If Nintendo sees interest in the Famicom Detective Club games from the west, they may consider in localizing it. So even if she won't make it as a playable character in Smash 4 DLC in the near future, there are other ways to expose Ayumi and her game and anything else obscure that you think deserves a chance to shine in the West.

Let's keep it going and not stop until someone big sees it and promotes it greatly! That's our goal. It does not have to be Etika, but any big YouTubers in the gaming community. If you know any of them personally or they are close to you, tell them about Operation Tachibana and why it means a lot to us to promote this franchise! We gain strength by numbers! So who's with me? :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I got to play Famicom Tantei Club Part II and that game was amazing. Totally underrated.
You really did? Bravo, and it appears that @ Denoxkun Denoxkun did a great job with his video after a month. At least three people so far had played the game as well and hopefully they sent some art to the boss. :demon:

So what part of the game are you at? Or did you just beat the game entirely?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
You really did? Bravo, and it appears that @ Denoxkun Denoxkun did a great job with his video after a month. At least three people so far had played the game as well and hopefully they sent some art to the boss. :demon:

I'm at chapter 10. Really amazing.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'm very impressed by how much discussion has been stirred up for this obscure Japan only character. I need to take notes!

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

Finished the game. BEST. PLOT TWIST. EVER!!!! That game is fantastic! The unnecessary "...." options and click everything parts are easily forgiven, because everything else is good. And the music is fantastic! Don't know if anything can fit Smash besides the title screen song or the running away song, but I can see it work!

But, a thing I noticed was that Ayumi barely appeared. Newcomers to the Ayumi/Famicom Tantei Club business who don't read the OP of the thread might get confused, and most casuals I know don't seem particulary interested in playing an obscure NES game. Or any NES game for that matter. Hell, I'm too lazy to try FE:Gaiden. And, just so happens Ayumi does more (at least I heard) in the NES game than the SNES game. At least it has a GBA version like MOTHER.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Finished the game. BEST. PLOT TWIST. EVER!!!! That game is fantastic! The unnecessary "...." options and click everything parts are easily forgiven, because everything else is good. And the music is fantastic! Don't know if anything can fit Smash besides the title screen song or the running away song, but I can see it work!

But, a thing I noticed was that Ayumi barely appeared. Newcomers to the Ayumi/Famicom Tantei Club business who don't read the OP of the thread might get confused, and most casuals I know don't seem particulary interested in playing an obscure NES game. Or any NES game for that matter. Hell, I'm too lazy to try FE:Gaiden. And, just so happens Ayumi does more (at least I heard) in the NES game than the SNES game. At least it has a GBA version like MOTHER.
The sad reality is that the games where she have a more active role still lack translations or are simply in Japan. So The Girl in the Back is simply a way to introduce you to the main characters given that it's a prequel to the Missing Heir and the BS Satellaview game. Those are where she simply gets the most screen time or get proactive in the game since she is a detective (or assistant in the first game) herself.

That being said, I'm glad that you enjoyed the game as much as we do. I can easily see something great being made for a stage (the school itself or even the outside of the station) in addition to the music you had mentioned. The lack of intense or creepy tracks in Smash is literally disturbing so few from the game or other titles can work.

The casual thing might actually pose as a potential problem since old games might be considered outdated or too old for them. Seeing all the "How can I beat this game?" or "Why did Nintendo bring this over Mother?" posts in the Murasmae Castle community are signs of this. Trying to market the Protagonist probably would be less effective since the guy would bring up "Who?" simply for his lack of a Smash trophy and Sakurai surprisingly considered his assistant over him.

Since digging down actual communities where retro gamers hang out might be difficult, I would keep searching for more communities to spread the word since the deadline is near. Denoxkun challenged himself for starting such a project so it must go on as long as we get at least a few more participants. Reddit would be a great place to strike since many have been asking me to make myself an account there.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Very cool, I love retro revives like this. I would do a moveset, but I don't really want to play through all three famicom tantei club games.

EDIT: Realized there isn't even a translation yet of the first game. That sucks...

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
The sad reality is that the games where she have a more active role still lack translations or are simply in Japan. So The Girl in the Back is simply a way to introduce you to the main characters given that it's a prequel to the Missing Heir and the BS Satellaview game. Those are where she simply gets the most screen time or get proactive in the game since she is a detective (or assistant in the first game) herself.

That being said, I'm glad that you enjoyed the game as much as we do. I can easily see something great being made for a stage (the school itself or even the outside of the station) in addition to the music you had mentioned. The lack of intense or creepy tracks in Smash is literally disturbing so few from the game or other titles can work.

The casual thing might actually pose as a potential problem since old games might be considered outdated or too old for them. Seeing all the "How can I beat this game?" or "Why did Nintendo bring this over Mother?" posts in the Murasmae Castle community are signs of this. Trying to market the Protagonist probably would be less effective since the guy would bring up "Who?" simply for his lack of a Smash trophy and Sakurai surprisingly considered his assistant over him.

Since digging down actual communities where retro gamers hang out might be difficult, I would keep searching for more communities to spread the word since the deadline is near. Denoxkun challenged himself for starting such a project so it must go on as long as we get at least a few more participants. Reddit would be a great place to strike since many have been asking me to make myself an account there.
So I checked on the OST of Girl in Back, and I remembered your comment of "lack of creepy/intense tracks in Smash". I think "Reasoning 2", "Confession of a Murderer", and "Rumor About the Girl" would fill that quota just fine. But I still think that besides the runaway theme and the title screen music, the other songs are too calm or sound like ID Sorrow, but if they managed to make the Tetris theme into a fast paced horror song and With Mila's Divine Protection into a Spanish-themed track, I think those songs can hold up well. But then again they also dumbed down Cynthia's theme and the arena theme from Sacred Stones.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I checked on the OST of Girl in Back, and I remembered your comment of "lack of creepy/intense tracks in Smash". I think "Reasoning 2", "Confession of a Murderer", and "Rumor About the Girl" would fill that quota just fine. But I still think that besides the runaway theme and the title screen music, the other songs are too calm or sound like ID Sorrow, but if they managed to make the Tetris theme into a fast paced horror song and With Mila's Divine Protection into a Spanish-themed track, I think those songs can hold up well. But then again they also dumbed down Cynthia's theme and the arena theme from Sacred Stones.
Or turned Ashley's Theme into a broadway show. And let's not forget making the Luigi's Mansion theme darker than it already was. With Smash, they can have creative freedom to arrange a song how they want and it's actually a shame some people consider Smash Wii U's soundtrack mediocre (Gamefaqs being Gamefaqs). Though many can agree that the music is the one of the few good things about Smash other than the roster or gameplay.

About five of those songs alone (especially Confession of a Murderer) should be enough for a single Famicom Tantei Club stage. Reasoning 2, Investigation, and Confession of a Murderer were my favorite tracks from the game when I've played it in the past. It was actually a miracle that the title screen got referenced in Brawl's Famicom Medley, though Joy Mech Fight also had a part to be fair. Just thinking about the possibilities of what we could had when Ayumi was in Melee is enough to make me squeal. :nervous:

And yeah, I'm about to make that Reddit account tomorrow morning since today was rather busy (the girlfriend being chatty as usual and her attraction to my voice). I might get a bunch of downvotes because of how petty the community is, but the extra publicity should be worth it.

Impax

Smash Apprentice
So I was directed here go join since I support the characters inclusion. Awesome job on the page

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I was directed here go join since I support the characters inclusion. Awesome job on the page
Thank you, we really worked hard on showing everyone how such a character can work since collecting evidence at a crime scene is an important gameplay mechanic of the Famicom Detective Club titles. It's amazing to see how big we had gotten since the last time this thread had been completely reopened.

Now that I think of it, there's exactly two weeks left until the Operation Tachibana contest is officially over. We should have at least five participants by now and this week should focus on finding somewhere else to advertise it for that final stretch. Hopefully we've done a decent effort at spreading the word within these last few months.

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, I know it's been quite a while since I posted here but I just wanted to ensure everyone that the Ayumi Contest is only 25 days away from finishing. I wanted to make sure that everyone who were planning to enter the contest will understand that. I also want to announce that I have plans to buy 2 new amiibos on Sept 11st for near future giveaways. So if you want more info on that, please subscribe to my YouTube channel at: http://www.youtube.com/user/Denoxkunreturns

I will also announce the winners around the 25th of September so I need ALL the entries sent to my email at denoxkunreturns@gmail.com by SEPT 24TH! My review of The Famicom Detective Club: The Girl in Back Super NES remake should be uploaded between Sept 25th to Oct 1st. If any changes occurs for the date, I will make another update here. So yeah, hope to see all the amazing arts you made planned for Ayumi Tachibana and her game before the 25th of this month. I look forward to all of your entries! Until then, take care everyone!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hello everyone, I know it's been quite a while since I posted here but I just wanted to ensure everyone that the Ayumi Contest is only 25 days away from finishing. I wanted to make sure that everyone who were planning to enter the contest will understand that. I also want to announce that I have plans to buy 2 new amiibos on Sept 11st for near future giveaways. So if you want more info on that, please subscribe to my YouTube channel at: http://www.youtube.com/user/Denoxkunreturns

I will also announce the winners around the 25th of September so I need ALL the entries sent to my email at denoxkunreturns@gmail.com by SEPT 24TH! My review of The Famicom Detective Club: The Girl in Back Super NES remake should be uploaded between Sept 25th to Oct 1st. If any changes occurs for the date, I will make another update here. So yeah, hope to see all the amazing arts you made planned for Ayumi Tachibana and her game before the 25th of this month. I look forward to all of your entries! Until then, take care everyone!
The title had been changed to relfevt the situation. Anyone else who wants to compete for these Amiibo (Pitty Pat and Lucy) would have to follow these steps closely while participating since there's so little time left until that review is out. I've done as much advertising as I could and anyone else can feel free to do so during this little time.

While this might have not made Operation Rainfall levels of publicity, but it' still gained some notability nonetheless. Things probably would have been better if Nintendo were either upfront about their feelings of localizing the Famicom Detective Club games or if emulating wasn't considered so controversial in the gaming community. But either way, it's been a long road and I'd like to thank all participants before we were able to see their works in the coming weeks. ;)

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Wait, remake? I thought the Super NES/Super Famicom game was a sequel to the two NES/Famicom games.:confused:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, remake? I thought the Super NES/Super Famicom game was a sequel to the two NES/Famicom games.:confused:
It's actually the other way around. Both the first game and sequel were on the Famicom while the more famous sequel got a Super Famicom remake. The third game however was a Super Famicom title focused only on Ayumi that would only be compatible with the Satellaview peripheral.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It's actually the other way around. Both the first game and sequel were on the Famicom while the more famous sequel got a Super Famicom remake. The third game however was a Super Famicom title focused only on Ayumi that would only be compatible with the Satellaview peripheral.
Actually, that's what I meant. I thought the Satellaview game starring Ayumi WAS the third game in the series that was technically on the Super NES.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I'm confused. So Missing Heir was the first one ever made. Then in the NES Girl in the Back was also made. Then Girl in the Back got remaked in the SNES, and ...what?

Last edited:
Top Bottom