• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Famicom Tantei Detective Ayumi Tachibana Thread (There Was Almost an Ayumi Costume in Bayonetta)

Do you support Ayumi Tachibana and the detective?

• Total voters

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Ayumi's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Ayumi would be like Phoenix Wright, so I'll go with Trickster.

That list lack Summoner- Character whose strength lies in using others to do their fighting for them, including their enemies. Ex: :4pacman:

Yuck I just used Pac-man's face in a post..

Anyways, Ayumi in my opinion has to beat out a few other retros:
1. Duck Hunt Dog
2. Mach Rider
3. Takumaru
4. Donbe + Hikari

Ayumi ranks number 5 right now.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

That list lack Summoner- Character whose strength lies in using others to do their fighting for them, including their enemies. Ex: :4pacman:

1. Duck Hunt Dog
2. Mach Rider
3. Takumaru
4. Donbe + Hikari

Good luck with Ayumi support. I personally would put her and Takumaru above everyone else you listed.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Ayumi's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Going by the moveset above posted by R.O.B, Ayumi, contrary to her appearance, would be a mix of Speedster, Ranger, and (surprisingly) Bruiser. With the help of her (apparently fast) "Judo Counter" (as seen in the moveset above) she can quickly use this to set up combos. Not to mention her (also, apparently fast) "Hi-Jump Kick" (Again, as seen the moveset above.) would send opponents flying if the move were to connect with someone else. Her "Magnifying Burn" (In the same moveset) can be used to keep others at bay and not allow them to approach her so easily. Last, but not least, her "Briefcase Swing" looks like it could be a slightly weaker version of Kirby's Hammer Swing, but it looks it can be led into as a good finisher if you've already used her "martial artist" moves to rack up damage on her opponent beforehand.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Going by the moveset above posted by R.O.B, Ayumi, contrary to her appearance, would be a mix of Speedster, Ranger, and (surprisingly) Bruiser. With the help of her (apparently fast) "Judo Counter" (as seen in the moveset above) she can quickly use this to set up combos. Not to mention her (also, apparently fast) "Hi-Jump Kick" (Again, as seen the moveset above.) would send opponents flying if the move were to connect with someone else. Her "Magnifying Burn" (In the same moveset) can be used to keep others at bay and not allow them to approach her so easily. Last, but not least, her "Briefcase Swing" looks like it could be a slightly weaker version of Kirby's Hammer Swing, but it looks it can be led into as a good finisher if you've already used her "martial artist" moves to rack up damage on her opponent beforehand.
Would any characters give her the most trouble in some matchups?

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Whoops! Sorry! Double post! Just delete this please. I didn't know my original post had been posted.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace

I'd say trickster, but I don't think Ayumi would be hard to predict, I just think she would have an unorthodox moveset, kinda like Wii Fit Trainer. Zoner is the way to go. She's an detective, she would corner her opponents.

1. Duck Hunt Dog
2. Mach Rider
3. Takumaru
4. Donbe + Hikari

That's a nice list of retros. \o/

---
We reached page 2. That's great! I made a new banner for the main page:

(Fan-art taken from here, icon taken from here.)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'd say trickster, but I don't think Ayumi would be hard to predict, I just think she would have an unorthodox moveset, kinda like Wii Fit Trainer. Zoner is the way to go. She's an detective, she would corner her opponents.

That's a nice list of retros. \o/

---
We reached page 2. That's great! I made a new banner for the main page:

(Fan-art taken from here, icon taken from here.)
Out of those retro characters I would like Duck Hunt Dog, Ayumi, and Donbe and Hikari. I hope at least one of them makes it in.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Like with Donbe and Hikari, I pretty much lost hope that she will be playable also, and I really doubt there will be localization for the game anytime soon.
Donbe and Hikari, Ayumi, Mach Rider, and Duck Hunt Dog, I think will all at least get a look at AT. Mach and Dog got a good chance to fight for character.

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
Lately, I have been seriously mulling over the idea of her being playable. She would be a pretty unique character, if they made her into Smash's answer to UmvC3's Phoenix Wright, in that she would have to find certain types of evidence on the ground to get the best out of her attacks. I'm not sure how well that'd translate into Smash Bros., though.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Would any characters give her the most trouble in some matchups?
I personally think someone like:4sonic:, or even :4sheik: and :4marth: would give Ayumi trouble. Overall, I imagine Ayumi to have trouble with either speedy characters, characters who are VERY "combo-heavy", characters who have stronger projectiles than her, or are simply a combination of all, which could give Ayumi a boat-load of trouble on her hands. (:4littlemac:could also give Ayumi some trouble, due to his somewhat fast approaches.)

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I think I should write something here for anybody who may read this in the future, since I created this thread.
Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS will be released on September 13. But some Japanese players got the game today. All the characters and assist trophies were unlocked, and no Famicom Detective Club character was among them. In fact, by the time of this post, no Famicom Detective Club representation was found in the game at all.

Case closed.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Hey, I didn't know the support threads were unlocked!
While I'm aware that Ayumi have low chances, now I have realistic expectations to see Famicom Tantei Club content on Super Smash Bros for Wii U! With all those trophies and all that music, I'm almost 100% sure that she'll get some love. :estatic:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, I didn't know the support threads were unlocked!
While I'm aware that Ayumi have low chances, now I have realistic expectations to see Famicom Tantei Club content on Super Smash Bros for Wii U! With all those trophies and all that music, I'm almost 100% sure that she'll get some love. :estatic:
Let's hope so, right?

Marakatu

Smash Ace
@ Marakatu Marakatu have you actually played Famicom Detective Club and its sequel?
To tell the truth, no I haven't.
I'm aware of the translation that Tomato made for Part II, but I would like to play Part I first. Unfortunately, there's no translation of Part I, and probably there will never be one. This is the same problem that keeps me from playing Shin Onigashima, Yuyuki, Time Twist and Famicom Bunko.
I know about Famicom Tantei Club because I like to download old Nintendo soundtracks, and you can find FTC tracks in many of them, specially those that have tracks from other Disk System games, like Zelda and Metroid. Sites that show pamphlets, collections and other old school material usually feature one thing or another about Famicom Tantei Club.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't know the character personality-wise, haven't played any of the games in the series but I'll show my support anyways since she has a nice design. :)

Which installment of the series would be good to start with?

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I don't know the character personality-wise, haven't played any of the games in the series but I'll show my support anyways since she has a nice design. :)

Which installment of the series would be good to start with?
If you can read Japanese, start with Part I (Kieta Koukeisha / The Missing Heir). If you can't, there's a fan translation of the SNES version of Part II (Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo / The Girl Who Stands In the Back). Keep in mind that Part II is actually a prequel of Part I. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If her addition means that it will make Nintendo reconsider the future of the Famicom Tantei Club games, then I'm in. Played both games (especially the first game in Japanese) and I can easily see the next Famicom Tantei Club games as the anti-Ace Attorney.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This thread is apparently still open.. so I'm just here to post some major news:

Thanks to Nobie for this, I'm surprised she was actually being considered for Melee.
It's nice to know.
Now I think the only problem she has currently is getting a new game, which probably won't happen anytime soon.
@ Marakatu Marakatu you may want to check this out...

Just imagine if both her and Wii Fit Trainer were fighting together. I guess I found my new OTP possible battle pair. :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Reminds me of Sailor Moon... but she doesn't have powers like Sailor Moon... I guess I don't really support a powerless Sailor Moon lookalike. :ohwell:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Reminds me of Sailor Moon... but she doesn't have powers like Sailor Moon... I guess I don't really support a powerless Sailor Moon lookalike. :ohwell:
Well, that's simply the well known "Sailor Fuku", the japanese school uniform, and Sailor Moon outfits are based on it.

Also, Famicom Tantei Club is older than Sailor Moon... :3

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, that's simply the well known "Sailor Fuku", the japanese school uniform, and Sailor Moon outfits are based on it.

Also, Famicom Tantei Club is older than Sailor Moon... :3
I know. But she is no Sailor Moon...

What can Ayumi bring to Smash from her games? Take Duck Hunt Dog for example, he had ducks, clay pigeons, and the off-screen hunter with the NES Zapper - all of them are part of DHD's moveset like I always suggested. So what are in Ayumi's games that she could use in her moveset and would they make Ayumi an interesting fighter?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
You can see her moveset pretty easily if you go by the fact that she's a detective, something completely different from other characters currently in the game. That already makes her pretty outlandishly distinct as WFT.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't really know what is in Famicom Tantei Club so I can't create a moveset.

But character wise, what can she bring? Being normal. Simply as that. Kinda like the Wii Fit Trainers, but even more normal.

Gameplay wise, something that I imagined for Ashley Mizuki Robins (a similar game) is an "investigation" move that allows you to find a random item that will alter your normal moves (kinda like how Peach FSmash works).

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You can see her moveset pretty easily if you go by the fact that she's a detective, something completely different from other characters currently in the game. That already makes her pretty outlandishly distinct as WFT.
Not really... Wii Fit Trainer is outlandishly because she's literally white and she fights with yoga poses... the same yoga poses that were in the Wii Fit games. Is Ayumi gonna fight by walking around looking through a magnifying glass or what?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Well maybe not as outlandish with a weird whitish appearance like WFT, she is just a regular school girl, it's pretty outlandish IMO.
What she does in the games is very different from other franchises represented with characters.
Some of the few examples you mentioned are possible moves for her.

D

Deleted member

That.....doesn't really explain jack.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I know, I haven't researched the game myself yet, but detective related stuff is probably going to be involved in her moveset, which is something no other character mainly relies on.

Top Bottom