• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FalcOWNAGE! - A Falcon demonstrational video

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
This video basically covers what Linkology did for Link. It's called Falcownage, and this is the first part of a two part series. The first part that I've finished is a demonstrational movie showing some things that Falcon is capable of. The second part is going to be a combo video demonstrating me using these tactics in real games (Or at least most of them).

Two mistakes in the movie: I spelled "quadruple" incorrectly. No need to tell me. I just forgot to tell my girlfriend to change it. Second mistake: I missed the triple knee because I have difficulty kneeing without the C-stick (Yes, I know... Über Johns). I still recorded it and put it in the video because I think it still shows you how to do it reasonably well (Knee a lot and SHFFL... Tough, right?).

Besides that, it's a solid video that I think a lot of people will learn a lot from. Most of this stuff is covered in my guide if you haven't already read it. It is a very large movie, 63 megs to be exact. Just be patient for now. I'll have it on rapidshare as of now and eventually put it on yousendit and filefront. Maybe even googlevideo so you can simply stream it. All in time.

Shoutouts: Tapion helped me a lot with the Nair combos. G-regulate just helped me with combos in general (As well as the "G-regulate punch combo"). DYC shares a lot of information with me about Darkrain and matchups, which is very useful for me. Then I also thank Isai and Darkrain in the credits because... They're... Amazing? I forgot to shoutout to ORLY for being the ONLY competition in McHenry. His Luigi is too good vs Falcon. And most of all, Emilee for finishing this movie by working on it for like 7 hours straight earlier today.

Anyway, I hope you like it: http://rapidshare.de/files/16996284/Falcownage_Part_I.wmv.html
Props to Andrew for uploading to Filefront/googlevideo :)
http://files.filefront.com/Falcownage_Part_Iwmv/;4993305;;/fileinfo.html
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7522490502417253564

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
B-e-a-utiful! Survey says! God! Bingo! Yahzee!

Beautiful job man. I need to find the link to where u have instructions on how to do everything. I've seen it before...

Zero34

Smash Lord
hmmm, id say overall a nice instuction vid. just one tip: you shouldve added how to do stuff for some of the things like moonwalking. id be surprised if this that question wont be repeatedly asked

good job though.

yes!

Smash Apprentice
like zero said, it would have been nice of your added in some instructions on how to perform the techniques, but then again it IS called an "demonstrational" video meant to supplement the guide you wrote. this is a personal preference, but i think you could have chosen better background music. it just didn't strike me as very captain-falcon-esque. i do think you put in a lot of time and effort to produce a very helpful video. thanks angelobangelo! :^]

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
Good video. I wish you would have made it more like Triforce of Power, with an application section that looks like a regular combo video, but it was still great without that. I liked the music too.

*practices g-reg punch combo*

Pneuma

Smash Ace
I'm lovin' it.
Badabababaaaaaa...

God ****it I hate McDonald's.
You're pretty cool though Angelo. ^_^

cF=)

Smash Lord
An helpful video to go with your incredible guide. That's cool !

You could add the awesome Dthrow ->Falcon Punch combo on fastfallers around 70% damage... it requires your opponent to not DI but it's still good sometimes !

Learned neat tricks, looking for more.

EDIT : Was the first song by PitchShifter ?

Iron

Smash Journeyman
Seems pretty helpful to some, unfortunately not to me. I was anxiously awaiting the actual battle combos and was disappointed when it didn't come.

Nice video, though.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Downloading now, I hope I learn something new. I'm trying to get my Falcon to a disgusting level right now so this'll be helpful.

EDIT -
g-regulate said:
there are too many users downloading this file at this time.

dont they know im ****ing g-regulate?
Lmao, maybe they do know it's you and that's why it's not working.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
I feel bad because my girlfriend made the suggestion to put the controls underneath the characters to show how to do some of this stuff. Kind of like in Soul Calibur or Tekken in training mode, you know? Maybe I'll just do another quick/small vid just to explain how EXACTLY to do some of these things. Like how to DI while chaining Nairs (Since it differs how much you should DI forward and backward from charcter to character). Also, moonwalking is just dashing forward and doing a half circle backwards and fast as you can and holding it. It's not that useful though.

The actual COMBO video will be out pretty soon. Good comments obviously get me totally pumped to make the video. I'll probably start that pretty soon. This instructional video actually only took me TWO DAYS total. So... It probably wouldn't take long for me to make a combo video once I started it. I'll ask Emilee when she wants to get started on the combo video.

Edit: Also, thanks for all of the postitive feedback so far. I'm glad everyone likes it so far except for Iron, but like I said, the combo video is going to have the most disgusting combos known to all of man. I'm talking like Isai stomps into grabs/Uthrows into more Isai stomps into raptor boosts into knees. It's going to be good, trust me.

And CF=), yes that was Pitchshifter for the first song.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Mista Sinista said:
That was pretty slick, now I'm amped for the combo vid lol.

Those triple/quadTruple nairs were nasty.
As you should be. The combo video is definitely NOT going to disappoint. Also, thanks for annunciating the "t" in quadruple to make me feel better about my typos :D

After reading some of the comments that say things like "I want a Falcon like that." I just wanted to say that you can. You just have to practice a lot. My Falcon was pretty bad until DYC started telling me things he learned from Darkrain. Then Tapion showed me how to link Nairs together (Before I talked to him, I couldn't even link 2 together). After they shared that stuff with me I practiced like, an hour or more 5 days a week just on Nair combos. Practice, and you'll eventually get it down like I did.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
5 knees was a combination of perfect aim and even more wacky DI from peach. it will probably never be seen again.

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
Good job with the vid. I learned some new things like the tap reset and the isai stomp.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
the gentleman can be done faster without the pause by pressing A,A,A+Z at an even pace. Change that when you edit this. Also, doing the triple nairs, and then doing a triple nair to knee, and then doing quad nairs. Kind of unecessary, but thanks for doing it on the multiple characters.

I'll be glad to come down some time within the next few weeks to help you with some footage too as well. I have some other ideas you may want to add to the video that. BTW, Great TPCs. I love it. G-reg, you can have that other one. :-P

Bailey

Smash Hero
Downloading now. Hope this helps mine, cause I am jsut getting back to the man with the Golden Nipples. Also 23rd post! Nice!

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty crazy stuff; most of which I already know how to do but didn't notice how useful they could be. I'll be sure to incorporate some of these into my strategy to see how they suit me.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
AngeloBangelo said:
Also, thanks for annunciating the "t" in quadruple to make me feel better about my typos :D
No problem, I'm just cool like that.

I need to somehow record some of my Falcon stuff and get people like you and G-Reg, etc to give me tips and all that. It was really on-point today and I was pulling insane stuff. I managed to land the Tapion Punch on Fox, mindgamed 2 or 3 Falcon Punches on a Samus, 2 or 3 of them on a Ganondorf, etc, was pretty dirty.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
man tis video was boring...i mean...come on ....who the phuck doesn't know how to dash dance....or what wavedashing is....you should have had the advanced techniques part in the vid...and they could have just watched isai or darkrain play in a video and seen these moves...

-hiroshi

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
h1roshi said:
man tis video was boring...i mean...come on ....who the phuck doesn't know how to dash dance....or what wavedashing is....you should have had the advanced techniques part in the vid...and they could have just watched isai or darkrain play in a video and seen these moves...

-hiroshi
seriously h1roshi, there's more players would dont know dash dancing than those who do know

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
h1roshi said:
Sure, most people know how to dashdance and wavedash. But that is basic stuff that I felt should still be included. Not everyone knows how to Isai stomp, moonwalk, waveland their ESH's and stuff like that. I tried to make the ridiculously easy stuff just as important and well illustrated as the advanced stuff in my video.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
h1roshi said:

-hiroshi
It CLEARLY says in the title "A FALCON DEMONSTRATIONAL VIDEO!" What the hell were you expecting? some hookers shaking their *** in your face? Sheesh! Be a little more of an *** would ya, huh?

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was about to say that. It's not a combo video. It's just demonstrating things you should know with Falcon. It's to complement my guide and give Falcon players a visual demonstration to go with what I wrote about.

Zenith

Smash Ace
Nice one Angelo.
JRG could really use this (he's a bit of a n00b)
Just wish it had more techniques.

Ring My Bell

Smash Cadet
Gratzi on the video. Don't listen to people who give you negative feedback, they don't know what goes into the process of making a video. Hopefully you can get some good peach combos from yesterday. I'll give you a call Thurs and we can continue to make your Peach combo video.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Hey, do you remember that one time when we were making a Falcon combo video together and you turned it into a Falcon-suicidefest/Peach Combo video? I do.

Top Bottom