• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Stages. Wonderful Work In Progress, everyone contribute.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
- This is a Start, do not expect everything instantly. I guarantee this will be 80% done before SKTAR! ( As long as everyone contributes )
- This is to expand Falco mains/ any players knowledge of Falco on the stages.
- Please post with any info you have.
- This is going to be a huge data base for us, eventually, we'll have character gimmicks outside of Falco listed on this so we know what to look out for when we ban/ cp/ are cp'd to any of the legal stages.
- I will not be able to do this by myself, so for the love of all Falco mains, help me out!
- Posting over and over again makes it easier, Ignore what I said previously. I have no idea what I was thinking.
- All info is from my head/ posts I found.

[collapse=Brinstar]
Pros:
- Forces people into CQC, which Falco is very dominant at.
- Smaller blast zones, boosting Falco's kill power.
- Acid may save us from being gimped.
- Platform layout allows Falco to control the stage and apply pressure easier.
- Platform layout makes it harder to approach Falco overall.
- Platforms allow for more options to recover with, same as Acid even though you take 14%, better than a Smash that kills us.
- Slime allows for extended hitboxes on any of our attacks, making punishes easier.
- Lasers hitting slime will allow us to refresh our moveset.

Cons:
- Falco becomes easier to kill.
- Semi hindered chain grab.
- Inability to IAP safely.

Notes: If you go to the right most ledge, and jump under the Cylinders and aim a Firebird Diagonally Up Left, it will break the stage in half and allow you to land on the left most side, useful for Zoning and Pressuring with lasers to force, bait and read an approach.

Only go here if you're comfortable with the stage it self, and have no issue with it.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Pokemon Stadium One]

Pros:
- Larger blastzones, allowing Falco to live longer than he normally should.
- Large stage layout allowing lots of room to Zone with SDHL and SHL.
- The Rock and Fire transformations allow you to run the timer, and think about your opponent and their style of play.
- Water transformation allows for you to live longer under the windmill.
- Big stage allows for you to Laser and run away, while removing laser's effectiveness on some transformations.

Cons:
- You have to be very accurate with your Phantasm to grab the edge.
- Be wary about recovering with Firebird, if coming directly from the Side, more times than not, it will not grab the ledge.
- Kill power has a slight nerf from the blast zones.

Notes: Large stage layout, great for taking people here to camp them and time them out. Able to set up Laser lock on the Left side of the windmill at damages above ~60% by using D/ U-Throw if they miss a tech. Bottom Left of tree allows for a Laser lock using D-Throw when they miss a tech. Gains a laser lock from the edge slip on heavies/ fast fallers during the first transformation. [/collapse]

[collapse=Battlefield]

Pros:
- Killing from the side is buffed from closer side blast zones.
- Top blastzone from the lowest point allows you to live 1% longer than that of FD.
- Platforms yield the ability to assist our recovery, allowing us to be less predictable and get on stage safer.
- Platforms allow us to take advantage of Edge slip on Heavies/ Fast fallers for a Laser lock or free kill set up.
- Platforms make it so much harder to approach Falco since approaching from a platform is easily telegraphed and avoidable.
- Only neutral Falco can truly avoid any CG safely, as well as locks. However, beware of edge slip, we DO get affected by this.
- Having control over phantasm is really strong because it gives Falco tons of defensive positional advantages.
- Able to wall jump at the edge for more recovery mix ups.
- Falco can reach the top platform in a full hop

Cons:
- Platform camping from opponents.
- Dies earlier from the sides.
- Landings trapped easily due to platforms.

Notes:
Scar glitch will happen to us where we let go of the ledge immediately after Phantasming to it, we get our Jump back.
Easily our best stage. You can airdodge to the lower platform from the ledge. You have to pull back from the ledge. Then, jump and push forward and airdodge. The timing is super strict here. [/collapse]

[collapse=Final Destination]

Pros:
- Large stage layout, gives us lots of room to be in control with Lasers.
- One of the most banned stages against Falco.
- No platforms, which hurts characters that rely on using them to weave in and out carefully. > :wario:
- Much harder to avoid the CG since platforms are non existent.
- Easier for us to trap their landings without platforms getting in our way.
- Able to wall jump from the edge of FD, Lower side and upper side ( Small wall ) Allowing Falco to re grab the edge. Any attack option will require you to firebird to recover.

Cons:
- No platforms, ability to mix up our Phantasm in N/A.
- Edges mess with vertical recovery; have to be precise to survive.

Notes: The fact that FD puts our ability to Camp/ Zone with lasers at the Maximum capability far outweighs most other Character strengths on this stage, it also makes Falco just That much scarier. Watch out for the Edge of FD, it's very easy to be clipped by it. Do not, under any circumstances think it's a good idea to take Ice Climbers here. [/collapse]

[collapse=Smashville]

Pros:
- Similar blast zones to FD.
- A pretty spacious stage, big enough to abuse phantasm.
- Phantasm is almost the same length of the stage.
- Moving platform helps with recovery, and getting away.
- Edge Slip for Laser lock set ups on Fast Fallers like D3, and Bowser ( If there's more, I'll list them )
- Platform allows us to poke and pressure the opponent safely with short hop fast fall Uair, Nair, and Bair.
- Ability to platform cancel as a Mix up for literally anything.

Cons:
- Unable to wall jump off the stages edge.

Notes: When you have a CG, you're able to footstool them out of Down Throw, platform Cancel into a Laser lock. This is hard to do, only attempt it if you can actually do it consistently 75% of the time. The moving platform disables Pikachu's Chain Grab.[/collapse]

[collapse=Yoshi's Island: Brawl]

Pros:
- Able to wall jump on the sides ( only one certain part of the wall )
- Depending on the platfrom's tilt, it can make it hard for the opponent to get in. Try to be on the side the the platform is titled up on if you want to laser camp ( Never use the lowest side for this Ex: Always this -> .\ NEVER this -> ./ The dot is Falco )
- Steve can come up at random times and save us, if you won't make it back because they're edge hogging fire bird. Try to aim where Steve is, just in case he comes up.

Cons:
- Small stage can hurt Falco's recovery, even with the Tilting platform.
- Uneven terrain wrecks Phantasm, recovery wise too.
- Very small blast zones.

Notes: We can slide of the edges with SHDL, which can be cancelled into anything as soon as we slide off.[/collapse]

[collapse=Lylat Cruise]

Pros:

- Platforms help make it harder to get through the lasers and into Falco.
- Laser lock is possible with Edge Slip and through the Platform cancel laser lock set up.
- Higher Ceiling allowing us to live longer from the top.
- CG to Spike becomes very powerful if the stage tilts up as you spike them ( Very very specific gimmick )

Cons:

- Tilting can and will mess up our laser game.
- Stage Design Removes the ability to safely IAP.
- Usmash Ko power is nerfed from the Ceiling.
- Platform camping is harder to deal with because of the Stage Layout.
- Tilting will hurt Falco's recovery to an un imaginable degree.

Notes:
- Falco does not preform well here.[/collapse]

[collapse=Castle Siege]

T1 Pros:

- Lower level strengthen laser camping, making it difficult to come at you from the downward incline.
- Edge Slip can be abused on the top level/ lower level platform.
- High ceiling.. I think.
- Small Stage, Enforces CQC more than camping.
- Able to wall jump off side walls to aid recovery.
- Platforms aid in Falco's landings and recoveries.
- Small Side Blast Zones, and High Upper ones.

T1 Cons:

- Vertical Ko power lost.
- Ledges make it hard to recover, need to be accurate.

T2 Pros:

- Walk off CG from 0% on Large Group's #1/ 2 and Bowser/ Snake/ Dk.
- Lasers refresh our moves on the Statues.
- Large stage layout is great for running the clock.
- Very high ceiling.
- Impossible to be gimped.
- Edge Slip abused on the lower platform into a 0 - Death Laser Lock on most characters.

T2 Cons:

- Very easy to platform camp us.

T3 Pros:

- Tilting up in the direction you're going with a CG will make it very hard to recover from the spike.
- Large Layout allows for large amounts of easy camping.

T3 Cons:

- Tilting will hurt out camping.
- Tilting will make recovering difficult.
- Terrain ruins the ability to IAP.

Notes: Glitches may occur with you falling through the stage as it transforms. This usually occurs at random, so beware.[/collapse]

[collapse=Halberd]

Starting Pros:

- Large. nice for camping.
- Possibility of a walk off CG if you get an early grab on Large groups 1&2 as well as Bowser/ Snake/ Dk.
- Can't be gimped.

Cons:

None at the moment.

Flying Transformation Pros:

- Low ceiling will cause people to die off the top earlier.
- Platform allows us to pressure the opponent from Below with U-Tilt/ Short hop fast fall Nair/ Uair or Retreating Bair.
- Platform aids in recovery mix ups and will make it difficult to get in through our laser camping.
- Large stage, good for laser camps.
- Far side blast zones allowing us to live longer horizontally.
- Laser lock possible from edge slip.
- CG to spike is stronger because of the stage.

Flying Transformation Cons:

- Have to be very accurate with Phantasm or you'll miss the ledge.
- People can use the above to easily hurt our recovery and punish us.
- Die far earlier.

On Deck Transformation Pros:

- Very large space allowing us to camp to great amounts.
- Low ceiling and far horizontal blastzones. Boosting our Usmash kill power and ability to live horizontally.
- Laser lock guaranteed from edge slip on most characters from the central platform ( Leads to Dacus or free kill in general if they're at kill damage ).
- Platform seriously helps with mix ups for recovery.
- Able to wall jump on the sides of the stage that are just below the edge.

On Deck Transformation Cons:

- Low Celing, we die early off the top.[/collapse]

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
- This will contain what stages to Ban against X Character after the first match is played.
- What to preferably counter pick when a match is lost.
- What They'll most likely ban against us.
- Our stages mostly revolve around FD, BF and Smashville. Oh what wondrous joy.

[collapse=Falco versus]

[collapse=Donkey Kong]
- Ban Yoshi's Island Brawl/ Brintar ( If it's Legal ) or Avoid Delfino.
- Most likely will ban Final Destination.
- Counter pick to what you're comfortable on just avoid YiB at all costs unless you want to challenge and Invincible Up B from DK.[/collapse]

[collapse=Metaknight]
- Ban: Rainbow Cruise over Brinstar if they're legal and will CP us to Pokemon Stadium 1 or Battlefield or.. any stage really.
- Will most likely ban Final Destination or Battlefield.
- CP to BF/ FD/ Ps1.[/collapse]

[collapse=Snake]
- Ban Halberd/ Lylat Cruise.
- Will most likely ban FD.
- CP to BF.[/collapse]

[collapse=Wario]
- Ban BF/ Brinstar ( if legal ).
- CP to FD if it isn't banned or Sv.
- Will most likely take us to Frigate.[/collapse]

[collapse=Olimar]
- Ban/ Strike YiB/ Lylat Cruise.
- Will most likely ban/ strike FD. Go to BF.
- CP to Frigate.
- Will CP us to either Lylat or YiB.[/collapse]

[collapse=Sonic]
- Ban Yoshi's Island: Brawl at all costs.
- He's good on the stages we're good on.. so yeah. Just be ready to shut down spindash.[/collapse]

[collapse=Toon Link]
- Ban Castle Seige or Ps1.
- Cp to BF or FD.
- Be wary about Lylat Cruise.[/collapse]

[collapse=Marth]
- Ban Lylat Cruise.
- Cp to BF/ Ps1/ Sv.
- Will probably ban BF against us or FD.[/collapse]

[collapse=Ike]
- Ban Delfino Plaza.
- Cp to BF/ FD or Sv. Just avoid stages with walls. So be wary of Ps1.[/collapse]

[/collapse]

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
-Make posts about any known character gimmick on any stage or on us and I will edit them in! Help us out so we know what to watch out for!

:falco:

- Falco can standing chain grab pikachu, dedede, and toonlink with your back to the ledge of any stage. After about 6 grabs it puts them in a position for a free laser lock(you can only get one laser for pika and tl but forces getup so you can gatling combo for good damage, about 71%).
- Able to Air release these Characters ( There's probably more than that's listed ) to a BDacus: :link2: / :dk2: / :lucas: / :ness2: / :pikachu2: / :metaknight: / :diddy: / :snake: / :falcon: / :squirtle: / :bowser2: / :popo: / :ganondorf:

:dedede:

- On BF ( Possibly Smashville ), can Abuse the edge slip to attain the ability to Jab reset into a buffered Fsmash ( Sweet spot ) Or Jab lock three times into Dash attack.
- Buuman trap is able to be done on every stage. The act of Down throwing us at the right spacing, leaving us at the very edge and having all and any options covered with his Dsmash if we do not tech ( Kills us quite early )

:kirby2:

- Able to slide off tilted platforms with his rock, regaining the hit box.
- Kirby infinite falling rock glitch on the right corner of the tree during grass transformation of Ps1.
- Able to crouch under lasers.
- Jab infinite in the confined space during the rock transformation of Ps1.

:dk2:

- Can D-Throw CG us on the moving platform on Smashville, which more often than not will take our stock.
- Able to platform cancel on any platform with his Up B, beware of buffered drop through aerials from this.
- Able to Super Armour Up B when coming off a platform. Super Armour is from Frame 1 to when it ends. Do NOT challenge this. You MUST grab it.
- Able to Invincible Up B on any slope.
- Can Punch/ Fsmash through the tree in the Fire Transformation of Ps1

:marth:

- From 0 Marth can D-Throw CG Falco to 35% and lead into a Tipper Fsmash. Dealing 55%, and putting us off stage.
- If we get air released, he can Dash -> Dancing Blade us.
- Able to air release us off stage into a Fair, be ready to Di up.
- Able to Jab -> Tipper Fsmash Phantasm.
- Able to Tipper Fsmash us before we reach the ledge with Phantasm (Very difficult spacing, kind of.. I got this on my first try because I thought it would be possible.

:sonic:

- Able to gain an invincible spindash by preforming a spindash on the slants on YiB he is invincible during the entire spindash animation. Do not challenge him, the way to counter this is to react to the spindash and shield it, then Bair out of shield after his attack misses. Our punish may miss.
- Charged Spindash can not be cancelled by shield.
- Non Charged Spindash can be cancelled by shield. Keep track of this.

kismet2

Smash Ace
very nice =D

smashville:
-a pretty spacious stage, big enough to abuse phantasm
-moving platform helps with recovery
-edge slip(?) for laser lock setups
-platform allows us to poke and pressure the opponent with uair, nair, and bair

i'm not very knowledgeable about the blast zones on this level but i think it's similar to fd.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I will be glad to help and may edit this post if I have enough time at work to contribute. I really hope this is put to better use than MARLX's thread.

IMO, rush SKTAR ruleset then complete unity, but make sure that we cover every stage that's even borderline legal. I mean the Pictochats, Norfairs, Japes, and Pirate Ships. Regardless of your stance on stage legality, there's no reason we can't create the resource for those players who have these stages.

I'm going to try thinking of all the gimmicky stuff for falco I've run into.

Battlefield

1. You can airdodge to the lower platform from the ledge. You have to pull back from the ledge. Then, jump and push forward and airdodge. The timing is super strict here.
2. Falco can reach the top platform in a full hop.
FD
1. At the ledge, it slopes down, then there is a wall. By wall jumping off this, Falco can reach the ledge again. Attempting any sort of action from this walljump will result in Falco needing to UpB back.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Nice so far. A few little things though.

Battlefield: "- Only neutral Falco can really avoid Marth's 0 - Death."
Not true by definition but I see where you're coming from...I'd change that to any chaingrab or lock, etc.

Final Destination
Additional Con: Edges mess with vertical recovery; have to be precise to survive.

kismet2

Smash Ace
yeah i believe that bf is probably falco's next best stage behind fd. he has so much stage control on that stage it's crazy

The top platform in BF is so good to Falco's recovery.

Also, on Halberd by pulling away on the ledge, then SideB you land in the middle of the stage by going through the stage to get their.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Falco's best stage? I think Battlefield. I say this because it gives him both the opportunity to dodge gimmicky tactics such as chaingrabs/gimps, along with giving him room to operate. He can camp with ease. The edges are simple and do not require precision. On Final Destination, I think the edges can be a major factor for Falco's recovery along with some of the previously mentioned dangers.

I guess it is just preference.

kismet2

Smash Ace
yeah they both may as well be falco's best stages. fd and bf have their own kind of stage control that falco has on those stages.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
BF is Falco's best stage, but most characters are a lot worse on FD vs Falco.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Falco can standing chain grab pikachu, dedede, and toonlink with your back to the ledge of any stage. After about 6 grabs it puts them in a position for a free laser lock(you can only get one laser for pika and tl but forces getup so you can gatling combo for good damage, about 71%).

:phone:

^Additionally, this can be done from platforms if you somehow manage to get that to work.

And DDDs "Buuman trap" I believe is stopped by DI up -> airdodge. The DI up puts falco into the air long enough he can activate an airdodge, but not jump or attack. Either way, you are not at a disadvantage as much because you can go into shield quicker rather than the tech.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Falco can standing chain grab pikachu, dedede, and toonlink with your back to the ledge of any stage. After about 6 grabs it puts them in a position for a free laser lock(you can only get one laser for pika and tl but forces getup so you can gatling combo for good damage, about 71%).

Can't they just tech the last dthrow?

They can, but its not something I believe you can react too unless you know its coming. They hit the ground fairly instantly after dthrow gives knockback. No air time at all to know you could tech (not sure how DI affects it though). You can try it yourself. Boost pivot grab into a ledge on DDD and you'll see how little time there is between hitting the ground and when dthrow is over with.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I still don't think that makes Final Destination a better stage for Falco, we can do that on any stage. On Battlefield we're able to get laser locks, which are guaranteed on most characters and can work regardless of their percents, meaning we can get guaranteed kills.

Battlefield also helps our juggling a lot and gives Falco much more recovery options. I really don't see the point in counter picking Final Destination on most characters unless it's a much worse stage for them compared to Battlefield.

Wario is probably someone who you would want to counter pick Final Destination on, since he's so much better than Falco with Platforms.

kismet2

Smash Ace
yeah fd is definitely better for characters who are better in the air than us. fd allows us to abuse our landing traps more and more room to work with phantasm camping. if you're a footsie type falco then fd would be your best bet. if you like pressure then battlefield would help with that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Character gimmicks: be sure to list Sonic's invincible spin dash. You do NOT want to play him on YI. Also list Wolf scar distances and what stages he can best utilize it (I don't know **** about Woof).

YI I have heard a couple things are useful for Yoshi, Sonic, and DK. But I was really never given much reason why. What exactly do you mean by the spindash on that stage?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm unsure exactly how it works for Sonic who I believe benefits the most because I've never let a Sonic take me there.

The sloped ledge on YI allows DK to get extend the invincibility frames on his UpB for the duration of the move all the way until the lag ends and he is at neutral frames once more.

I believe Sonic gets Down B fully invincible, but it may be side-B or only mostly invincible. In any case, you see why that would be a problem.

I dunno about Yoshi.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
If you use Yoshi's down-b on the slanted edges, it cancels and you are in the air with complete freedom, and it works over and over. That's the only gimmick I know for him.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
My apologies for not updating this often or at all.
I was hit will a load of real life events that threw me out of whack.

Give me a few more days and it'll be updated.

clowsui

Smash Legend
YI is super overrated for Sonic. The better stage for him against Falco is actually Lylat. Falco's jab and laser STILL obliterate Sonic on Yoshi's and the platform is a huge obstacle for Sonic imo

-Trip-

Smash Rookie
On yoshis island you can walk off phantasm and it goes through part of the ground and you land with it being considered an aerial phantasm

Top Bottom