• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Moveset.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Falco has a very good moveset, but what do you guys personally think about it?
This is what I think IMO.

Jab- Definitely has amazing range, you can follow up anything out of this and cancel most char's options with this.

Utilt- Good for juggling opponents, some follow ups, and in some situations could be a kill move.

Dtilt- Although this is a very useless move and should never be used, I find that following up with this after a Dthrow or Dthrow>JC could be helpful for chars have to be Buffer grabbed such as kirby.

Ftilt- Good move for spacing and definitely a nice follow up after Jab. Could possibly kill at very high percents.

Lasers- Need I say? This move is absolutely amazing for camping, but I find that to be boring. Lasers can be used a lot more than just SHDL. I like to Breversal when the opponent doesn't see it coming and I also like to wavebounce lasers and use it for mindgames. Example would be running up to an opponent, turning the other way, and using breversal > Bdacus for tha Kill :D But there are many more uses for this.

Firebird- Terrible to use for attacking, meh for recovering, and sometimes you have to be patient when you use this or the opponent will edgehog you. Or in other situations could be pivoted so you can get back on stage.

Reflector- I like to use this for spacing, or following up after Uthrow in some situations. It's a pretty alright move.

Phantasm- Damn, this could be used in so many ways to recover, but most of them most of the time won't be safe at all. Also used for camping or mindgames as well if you know how to cancel it consistently.

Nair- I definitely like to use this move when an opponent is mid-air or above me on a platform. Useful to rack up damage as well if you FF Nair to Grab or Utilt

Bair- A very decent kill move depending on stage and moment, this move has better priority if it is RAR'd and could be used to catch someone in the air. ( Such as snake, since he's so slow when he recovers or is in mid-air )

Uair- Could be a nice follow up after IAP at high percent, but normally I don't this move because it seems risky to me, unless of course if it will kill and the opponent and is trying to get back onto the ground, but IMO not good depending on what char you are trying to kill it with.

Fair- Falco's worst move, period. Only safe option to use this move is to get back on stage when the opponent least expects it, other than that, terrible move.

Dair- AMAZING for follow ups after Dthrow. Easily a kill move if you can execute the spike, but this can be avoided if the player is smart and knows how to SDI, so watch out for that and Fsmash if they try to roll away from the edge or catch them with another move such as dash attack since it has a long range, but Fsmash is definitely what you should catch them with, Stutterstep since this does help Fsmash's range.

Dsmash- I personally like to pivot this move to catch the opponent offguard or punish them if I want to punish them quickly, but normally I wouldn't use this to kill.

Fsmash- Good kill move if it's stutter-stepped, but it CAN be punished if the opponent expects it. Also good follow ups for Dthrow if you stutterstep and good for punishing.

Upsmash- I love to use this move the most to kill people. If you master BDACUS, it has such long range and too many uses. Dthrow>BDACUS can sometimes ensure a safe kill, but it also works out of many other things such as airdodge, but don't use it consistently as the opponent could adapt and punish. This move is also good for follow ups and punishing as well.

So what do you guys think?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Utilizing each move to it's maximum potential is definitely something you have to know how to do.

Jab - Great for followups and great option if close to foe. Can cancel jab1/jab2 and read & react.

Utilt - Useful against heavy/big characters. Can help counter aerial approaches (such as Wario's dair). Also like to use it if I'm at the edge of the stage with a chaingrab. At certain percentages a utilt could hit if you feel option-less.

Ftilt - Very good option for close-mid range damage. I have used it as a kill move to avoid fishing for the common finisher.

Dtilt - Don't really know lol, could be a followup in some circumstances.

Usmash - Common kill move, can be cancelled. Hits close to 270 degrees so you can abuse that.

Fsmash - Kill move. Can hit opponent behind you with the tip once charged.

Dsmash - Good for someone right behind you, but not much range. Don't use too much.

Nair - good for heavy foes and opponents on platforms/in the air.

TBC when I feel like it.

Dair

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Er..... I'm new to this damned site... I'm trying to do something here, Talk about falco, learn. If I need to stop making threads, then you may as well lock them all.. |: I'm only 14 anyways.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Just a general tip, if the thread has been made before (check in this thread), then you generally do not want to make a new thread. If you feel that something should be discussed, then you should ask about it in the social thread, since that's where all our discussions tend to happen. You do not have to make a thread to discuss ideas. If you really do want to revolutionize Falco's playstyle, then I suggest you read up on threads that have already been made and develop unique ideas that people want to read. All the points made in this thread do not provide us with new information.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Er..... I'm new to this damned site... I'm trying to do something here, Talk about falco, learn. If I need to stop making threads, then you may as well lock them all.. |: I'm only 14 anyways.
All I'm saying is...use the stickies and the directory thread.

And the Q & A.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Man.. I feel like such a damn scrub... I want to delete all the threads I've made -.-
Tip.

No one cares about your age, you can't use it as a John.
Go read the forum rules.

Go read a Falco guide, it has all this none sense you're making threads about.

Stop making new threads.

Quote: "Falco has a very good moveset, but what do you guys personally think about it? This is what I think IMO."

Falco's moveset is pretty solid. I feel like discussing what changes probably could have been made to make certain moves more useful. Pretty much, his aerials I would have liked to have seen changes too. I would have preferred if he had his melee aerial moveset. A long lasting hitbox like Nair which surrounds your hurtbox is dead useful. Bair only disjoints behind him. And all his other aerials lack forward range.

Don't get too bent out of shape about what the others are saying.

Its true that you should try to see if your posts might fit into a thread which already exists. Social, Q&A, stickies, etc. I think this is one of those borderline Q&A, social, its own thread sort of thing.

But, apparently no moderator sees any issues with what's been transpiring and its gives us a much needed activity boost. I post something random in social and no one looks at it. You see a new thread title and instantly think, what's this?

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
Quote: "Falco has a very good moveset, but what do you guys personally think about it? This is what I think IMO."

Falco's moveset is pretty solid. I feel like discussing what changes probably could have been made to make certain moves more useful. Pretty much, his aerials I would have liked to have seen changes too. I would have preferred if he had his melee aerial moveset. A long lasting hitbox like Nair which surrounds your hurtbox is dead useful. Bair only disjoints behind him. And all his other aerials lack forward range.

Don't get too bent out of shape about what the others are saying.

Its true that you should try to see if your posts might fit into a thread which already exists. Social, Q&A, stickies, etc. I think this is one of those borderline Q&A, social, its own thread sort of thing.

But, apparently no moderator sees any issues with what's been transpiring and its gives us a much needed activity boost. I post something random in social and no one looks at it. You see a new thread title and instantly think, what's this?

That's definitely true, thanks for not being so harsh about it, Xeylode. I greatly appreciate it. :) Although, I think I'm learning my mistakes now and I'm getting all of my threads deleted, but the Falco CCV one.. so it's all good.

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
the f-air is about the best move falco has, I use it at least twice every match on purpose! and 10 times by accident!

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I prefer using Firebird on stage. So that people can't punish it.

Top Bottom