• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's fair

MasterExocuter

Smash Cadet
Is it even good? I've had people tell me it's his worst move. I mean, It certainly feels better than in melee. It also seems to be my second go-to aerial other than dair. When is it useful/not useful, and why?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Its good for all the same reasons it was good in melee.

MasterExocuter

Smash Cadet
Yeah, sometimes I'll use it when coming up from a ledge. Not exactly sure if that's a good idea, but it's force of habit from playing Toon Link.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Its better to just ledge dash, rise up with some laser laser, nair etc
nah fair is just great against floaties. It does good damage and its great for finishing off a combo against them.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
I actually use Falco's f-air for fun. If I pull off multiple short-hopped n-airs, I'll mix it up by using f-airs and weak b-airs.

Sometimes I just run off the stage and quickly do a jumped f-air back into the stage, while facing away from the stage. It's a pretty funny and good edgeguard on someone who's at a high percent. Again, this is for fun.

It's a decent move against Diddy and floaties. If you up-throw someone at like 20-40% and they DI incorrectly, you can use the f-air. It'll actually combo into itself. I forgot if it's 3 or 4 hits on his f-air, but hitting all of them will give you a decent +30%.

In a serious game, I would never use this move because of its lag animation. I want to get a move off immediately and follow up.

Last edited:

ProdigyX5

Smash Cadet
Eh.

I mean, it has it's moments.

But sometimes it's like "Damn I should've just done a Nair"

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
My only use that I've found for Fair is to Rise at the edge of platforms while an opponent is trapped in shield. This lets you F-air (or Flappy-Bird, as I call it) and because its a multihit move you can have a better chance of dealing damage. Of course its still situational. Also, if the platform is the right height, you can have multiple stabs on shield while still having the opportunity to not land on the platform with your opponent and get shield grabbed.

Last edited:

Caraway

Smash Rookie
Is it even good? I've had people tell me it's his worst move. I mean, It certainly feels better than in melee. It also seems to be my second go-to aerial other than dair. When is it useful/not useful, and why?
it's his worst move in comparison because nearly every other move in the spacies' arsenals are very versatile and significantly useful

My only use that I've found for Fair is to Rise at the edge of platforms while an opponent is trapped in shield. This lets you F-air (or Flappy-Bird, as I call it) and because its a multihit move you can have a better chance of dealing damage. Of course its still situational. Also, if the platform is the right height, you can have multiple stabs on shield while still having the opportunity to not land on the platform with your opponent and get shield grabbed.
having the most amount of endlag out of every other aerial attack, Fair is pretty negative on shield, so your best bet from the ledge would be to use it to cross-up on their shield, and if theyre that close to the ledge trying to edgeguard you, they probably don't know what they're doing..

most people that are pressuring you while you're on the edge will stand far enough back to react to your ledge option, or at least be spaced well enough to avoid getting hit by any aerial from ledge

Blealolealoleal

Smash Rookie
Decent SHFFL poke IMO, but I don't really learn too much about my characters (Other than tech) From the community, rather just self learning

bboss

Smash Journeyman
1st 2 hits are great combo extender if landing on a platform. This can be followed up with a jab grab. last hit has the most kb but dont use this move too much.

shyguyking

Smash Rookie
You can still do the Dr Pee Pee. Up throw to fair on floaties at low to mid percent.

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
It has weaker knockback than nair, so you can use it to carry an opponent across the stage like Fox would with his nair. I've seen it used in the air off, for example, a Reflector hit when Falco isn't in position to hit anything else but nair. It is Falco's most potentially damaging aerial.

Top Bottom