• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Custom Chain Grab Revealed!

Puttaters

Smash Cadet
I was excited figuring this out for the first time, but its pretty gimmicky to pull of after practicing with level 9 CPUs.
This is how the the sequence goes:
Have Falco's custom Explosive Blaster.
Grab opponent at 0% (I'm too lazy to know exact percentages).
Down throw, shoot blaster, dash grab, down throw, shoot blaster, dash grab, and repeat. This must be done quickly.
:GCRT::GCD::GCB::GCR::GCR::GCRT::GCD::GCB::GCR::GCR::GCRT:
Sad to say this is useless on anyone who knows how to DI this and can only work at low percent in a customs match:(.
This information is from my 3ds as I do not own a Wii U, but I'm sure it should work the same with the Wii U also.
Characters it works on with (No DI):
Mario, Bowser, Bowers Jr., Wario, Donkey Kong, Link, Ganon, Zero Suit Samus, Marth, Ike, Robin, Dedede, Pikachu, Lucario, Little Mac, Duck Hunt, Falco, Rob, Captain Falcon, Dr. Mario, Lucina, Shulk, Mega Man, and Sonic.
Once or twice (No DI):
Diddy Kong 1, Zelda 1, Pit/Dark Pit 1, Palutena 1, Charizard 1, Greninja 1, Pac-Man 1, Villager 1, Sheik 2, Meta Knight 2, and Fox 2 times.
Does not work on regardless:
Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Rosalina and Luma, Mr. Game and Watch, Toon Link, Samus, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Ness, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mii.
That's about it. Another thing though is that I recommend Falco's Explosive Blaster in custom play because it hits on all his throws, can lead to an up throw up air follow up, and can up throw up tilt combo fast fallers Fox and Greninja at 0%.
Have fun and try this out!:4falco:

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Cool stuff.
I had an idea to try out the explosive blaster off the dthrow and fthrow a couple times myself but not like this.
Looks like another useless tech that Falco can do. Maybe it will work as a mix-up once in a while? :ohwell:

Puttaters

Smash Cadet
Cool stuff.
I had an idea to try out the explosive blaster off the dthrow and fthrow a couple times myself but not like this.
Looks like another useless tech that Falco can do. Maybe it will work as a mix-up once in a while? :ohwell:
Yeah it's pretty disheartening, but I also just recently found out if the opponent DI's towards you, you can continually spam his blaster locking them in place for a follow up. His Explosive Blaster definitely has some potential.

Top Bottom