• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcos Best MU?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I don't know if they are the "best", but Sheik, Ganon, Falcon, Ivy, Sonic, Pit, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Game and Watch, ZSS, Squirtle, Samus, Luigi, Link, Toon Link, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Snake, Zelda, Ness, Sonic, and Puff are in his favor.

Ones that actually might be even or I'm wrong about: Wario, Samus, Lucas, Metaknight, Diddy.

He goes even or wins out a little bit against most of the cast.

Previously even matchups that are harder than they were in Melee due to Falco nerfs and character buffs: Peach, Pika, Marth, Fox.

PM Characters that are crazy good in 3.5 and beat Falco: Roy, Rob.

Last edited:

Defyler

Smash Cadet
Thanks! I've just started using him as my secondary and was having trouble choosing which characters I should use against with Fox and which characters i should go against with Falco this will help a lot

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I don't know if they are the "best", but Sheik, Ganon, Falcon, Ivy, Sonic, Pit, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Game and Watch, ZSS, Squirtle, Samus, Luigi, Link, Toon Link, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Snake, Zelda, Ness, Sonic, and Puff are in his favor.

Ones that actually might be even or I'm wrong about: Wario, Samus, Lucas, Metaknight, Diddy.

He goes even or wins out a little bit against most of the cast.

Previously even matchups that are harder than they were in Melee due to Falco nerfs and character buffs: Peach, Pika, Marth, Fox.

PM Characters that are crazy good in 3.5 and beat Falco: Roy, Rob.
Roy doesnt beat falco. Its in falco favor.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Maybe, combo weights make pillars more effective, but Roy is essentially better Marth in neutral .
lunchables VS westballz
Sums up the neautral
For the MU
ps if you watch the game, count how many dtilts roy gets

Lizalfos

Smash Master
His "favorable" matchups.
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that all of those, with the exception of one or two, like Samus.
lunchables VS westballz
Sums up the neautral
For the MU
ps if you watch the game, count how many dtilts roy gets
I think there is a pretty massive skill gap there. Lunch lost to lasers basically.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that all of those, with the exception of one or two, like Samus.

I think there is a pretty massive skill gap there. Lunch lost to lasers basically.
Lunch aint far behind seth when it comes to roy...

Lizalfos

Smash Master
It isn't about Seth's skill either. It is about Westballz being a better player and Lunch not handling lasers effectively.
In Melee M2K, PPU, or PPMD don't instantly lose to lasers when they play Marth, and I don't think that Roy is lacking any options to deal with lasers the same way Marth can. I don't see how a video showing me Lunch lose in neutral before he can even play Roy shows that Roy does poorly vs Falco. It just shows me that Lunch lost to lasers.

DethM

Smash Apprentice

But

but you're wrong.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
But

but you're wrong.
This isn't constructive. When other people see this when they search "Falco MU" they will see this thread, then my list, then they will see you disagreeing, but not even explaining what specifically you disagree on.

Defyler

Smash Cadet
This isn't constructive. When other people see this when they search "Falco MU" they will see this thread, then my list, then they will see you disagreeing, but not even explaining what specifically you disagree on.
This is a lot of truth

DethM

Smash Apprentice
This isn't constructive. When other people see this when they search "Falco MU" they will see this thread, then my list, then they will see you disagreeing, but not even

explaining what specifically you disagree on.
Fair enough.

I disagree with Bowser, Ganon, Zelda, Samus, Zelda, and Pit.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Falco has mobility and lasers over Bowser, similar reasoning with Ganon, and he combos both of them to death. I don't know much about Samus, but it is close to even in Melee and she gets punished for recovering now, so I think that it is an even MU.

Nobody plays pit this patch, but I rethought it and it is prolly even, highly dependent on stage.

I don't see Zelda winning neutral and you can SDI out of Usmash if that's what you're thinking destroys Falco. And if they put Din on the edge you AD onstage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Marth is slightly faster, can poke at falco due to tippers, and this might be just me but I find it easier to gimp falco as Marth.

Roy on the other hand is slightly slower, has to get in closer, has an AWFUL combo weight and the same poor defensive options marth has, and I feel as if gimping is less consistent.

Getsafe

Smash Apprentice
I don't see Zelda winning neutral and you can SDI out of Usmash if that's what you're thinking destroys Falco. And if they put Din on the edge you AD onstage.
I know this is an old thread but I would call Zelda even, tipping slightly either way depending on stage. LC Nayrus can deal with lasers at least to some extent, and Zelda absolutely destroys fastfallers. And she gimps falco hard. If he ever has to recover low it should be a stock every time. Ribbon hitbox on up B ledge stall kills spacies. And on open stages like FD, Smashville, and GHZ up throw chains for DAYS (seriously like regrabs to at least 80% and then sweet spot Uair kills off the top or a Fair/Bair can kill/set up for edgeguard

IamElise

Smash Rookie
I like Kirby vs. Falco for either character, very fun, because Falco combos the **** out of Kirby, but Kirby could tilt space him out, and gimp him to hell. It's also way fun to combo into swallow to get them broken lasers, but anyway,
Falco vs. Wario

Protosauce

Smash Cadet
Hi guys! If i main Shiek(just better at her atm), but I find Falco Sooooooooooooooooooooo much more fun to play, what match ups would you recommend I switch for? To phrase it another way, in which matchups should I be switching to Falco for?

Top Bottom