• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's Match-Up Chart thread

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Ok so after playing some peaches, I think falcon vs peach is 55 in his favor. However I do not agree with the spacie match ups. Falco imo is the worst matchup for falcon, (there is no room to move), it is 70-30 imo and the fox i guess is right (65-35) and every other matchup is right too

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Learn how to use platforms to avoid lasers, wavedash out of shield when you shield a laser, know when you can shieldgrab / stomp their pressure (not nearly as tight as Fox's), Nair over lasers, Side-b under lasers, etc...

I suck at the matchup but I can see why a top notch Fox is harder than a top notch Falco

0Room

Smash Lord
Learn how to use platforms to avoid lasers, wavedash out of shield when you shield a laser, know when you can shieldgrab / stomp their pressure (not nearly as tight as Fox's), Nair over lasers, Side-b under lasers, etc...

QFT
Anything except FD is yours, if you know how to punish/not get 0-death'd by Falco.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
@Leviathan: nah, I would say Fox is Falcon's MU. Basically all of Falcon's approaches get *****. Trying to come in with an aerial? Make sure you have a perfectly spaced nair or else you'll get hit with Fox's. DD > grab? Nair probably takes care of that. I really don't know much of Falcon's other approaches off the top of my head. But he gets mad out-prioritized by Fox's nair.

Plus, shine is auto-combo on Falcon (or at least should be). If you ever get hit by a Fox's aerial, then you'll probably be waveshine'd > smash or at least hit, which is good for Fox. If you shield, Fox can go straight into grab, waveshine into grab, waveshine in smash, waveshine into waveshine, or even waveshine > JC grab if you were able to remember that you should be shielding until the shine comes out.

Then you get mad gay'd by edgeguards. Bair ***** your recovery. Shine spikes are completely viable, and, if you're high enough, u-air is a good counter against shine-spike (though a bair should take place instead there, then), but if you whiff, you fall to your doom.

There's other stuff, too, but yeah. Fox is gay, and I main him 8D But I suck.

Me sucking and Fox being gay are not related.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Falcon vs shiek is MADGAY i hate that matchup with a passion.

*you approach* you get tilted, or out prioritized in countless ways.

*you get a grab* :D ZOMG maybe a small combo

*SHIEK GETS A GRAB* D: she'll prob tech chase you to death or off stage for an easy edge guard :(

*you try to play it slow and make her approach* she needle camps you.

it's just dumb. just my opinion :p
Hax has beaten Amsah, Mew2king (friendlies) and Tope, so there are ways to get through the match-up.

Leyzars

Smash Rookie
I honestly don't think Falcon MU's are as bad as you think they are

Top Bottom