• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcone...PAWNCH!!!!! Captain Falcon makes his triumphant return

PF9

Smash Lord
I noticed that F-Zero's only Smasher hasn't had his thread made yet.

Until now.

Captain Falcon is all but assured a return to glory in Smash Switch, since he is one of the Original 12, among the only characters who are pretty much sure things in a Smash game.

If there is a story mode, my wish for him is to have a plot line with fellow bounty hunter Samus Aran and her old friend Pikachu (I'd like them to hook up again too). I ship Captain Falcon and Samus.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh, wow, nobody made a Captain Falcon thread? Feels bad man.

I did not really enjoy him in Smash for Wii U; however, I definitely had quite a bit of fun going back to Smash 64 (I never played him as a kid because I had no idea who he was, it was not until Melee that I warmed up to him). I used him a lot in Melee and Brawl but in Smash 4, something just feels off. Hopefully that is addressed in Smash for Switch.

Oh, and his design, pls change it back Mash Potato, Sack of Rice.

I always shipped Captain Falcon with Olimar because of SSE. Samus is with Pikachu, fam.

PF9

Smash Lord
Since I think of SSB's Pikachu as Ash's Pikachu, I ship him with, as does many others, with Dawn's Buneary (and in my fanfic, The Real Smash Bros., even has children with her), a shipping known in the Pokemon fan community as LagomorphShipping (or Lago for short). Many Lago supporters also support PearlShipping (Ash/Dawn), not all though (my OTP is Poke, or Ash/Misty).

Enough talk of Pokemon shippings.

Captain Falcon has always been far more popular in Smash than in his native series, and of course I've wanted more F-Zero representation for a while now (Goroh please).

Custom moves have been a thing for a few years now, maybe they'll implement custom Final Smashes too. One I could easily see for Captain Falcon is the version of Falcon Punch that was shown in the F-Zero anime - where CF punches Black Shadow towards his (and Falcon's) demise. How it could work is when CF is in close range towards another character or 2, he takes them to a point leading towards the lower blast line (or in a stage lacking one, closer towards an edge) and punches them towards a KO with a similar animation to the anime episode in question.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Falcon is the man. My second favorite video game character. He's obviously coming back. I know it'll probably never happen, but I'd love to get his original forward smash from 64 back and his 64 Falcon Punch speed back. Won't happen, but I'd love it.

ThiagoCavalcanteCarvalho

Smash Apprentice
Look that. I believe that Captain Falcon Specials should be modified. In fact, completely revised. The Final Smash would be Falcone Pawnch himself. The other Specials would be him using his ship / car. For example, Neutral B would be the ship coming toward the screen as in his Final Smash. Squeezing again would make her come and go. The Up B could be a loop, or it going straight up. The Down B could be a loop if it's on the ground and a diagonal downward movement with Meteor Effect if it's in the air. The Side B could be a fast horizontal movement. If you are not careful you can destroy your ship and only recuse it if you die and return.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My pipe dream is a Falcon Punch angled downwards that has blue electricity and spikes the opponent.
The tradeoff being you literally can't use it without dying.

and when it hits, anime music starts playing

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Captain falcen is the best charecter in super mareo smash brothers.
i hope he can have has his super cool side b to up b combo from melee!

i ship captein falcon with master cheif from halo reach. FALCHON PUNCH!!1

Culex

Smash Rookie
It wouldn't be a Smash Bros. game without our captain.
Btw this slow motion effect on the Falcon Punch (the one from the showcase) looks amazing.
Hopefully he actually moves his mouth while speaking this time. It looked a bit weird in Smash 4 when he said "Show me ya moves" without even moving his lips.

Uffe

Smash Hero
His forward Smash I believe isn't an elbow anymore but a backfist.
I actually like this. It looks like he's B-slapping people now with those fiery hands. P PF9 , I agree with the whole idea of shipping Falcon with Samus. I've always felt this way as early as the SNES days, because both characters are bounty hunters who travel through space, and they're both Nintendo, anyway. I've never understood the Samus x Snake thing. Anyway, that's an entirely different subject. I'm wondering if they're going to keep Hell Hawk on the back of Falcon's Blood Falcon costume, or if that's just a placeholder for now since the game isn't even released yet.

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
kinda hope they do an entire line of new amiibos just so we can get a better CF one. His new pose looks so much more suitable to a figure

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
That music though!!! have you seen the new F Zero song they just posted on the smash blog? A Theme truely fitting for the peoples champ. and the champion of our hearts. YEEEESSSSS!!!!!

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
That F-Zero medley was great. I did not expect the lyrics in it all but they are so cheesy and cool that it works for F-Zero. I wonder what they are gonna do with the lyrics after Fire Field. I think the medley could use more rock/metal, in particular during Fire Field's segment, but this is great.

Also, hearing Death Wind again since the SNES was really cool to hear.

Last edited:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I find it funny that when they finally did change Ganondorf's forward smash to differentiate it from Captain Falcon's, they also change Captain Falcon's. Not sure if I like the new one for Falcon though but I'll be looking forward to playing him regardless.

By the way, with Captain Falcon's taunt in all the games so far, am I the only one who hears 'Show Your Moves' instead of 'Show Me Your Moves'? It's always written as the latter by everyone and their grandma, even though I always hear it as the former and it just kinda bothers me.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I find it funny that when they finally did change Ganondorf's forward smash to differentiate it from Captain Falcon's, they also change Captain Falcon's. Not sure if I like the new one for Falcon though but I'll be looking forward to playing him regardless.

By the way, with Captain Falcon's taunt in all the games so far, am I the only one who hears 'Show Your Moves' instead of 'Show Me Your Moves'? It's always written as the latter by everyone and their grandma, even though I always hear it as the former and it just kinda bothers me.
I hear the latter just fine.

Shieldlesscap

Smash Apprentice
If you look at Mario Kart 8's Mute City, you can see a poster that says "Show me your moves". It becomes easier to hear when you listen to an isolated clip.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
If you look at Mario Kart 8's Mute City, you can see a poster that says "Show me your moves". It becomes easier to hear when you listen to an isolated clip.
I've seen that Mario Kart 8 Mute City poster. I've listened to an isolated clip. I still hear 'Show Your Moves'. I do not hear the 'Me' part at all. The way I hear it, the w of 'Show' is a little extended in the voiceline which makes everyone hear it as 'Me' for some reason as it it transitions into the y of 'Your' (or 'Ya'). No matter how many times I hear the clip, I just don't hear the 'me' part. It's probably just me. :p

Buddy002

Smash Cadet
How's our boy looking for this game? I'm excited for all the new characters but realistically know I'm just gonna play Captain Falcon lol

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
How's our boy looking for this game? I'm excited for all the new characters but realistically know I'm just gonna play Captain Falcon lol
His air speed and momentum is a lot better, his dash dance is great, so better air and ground mobility. f-tilt, jab, and d-tilt out of dash are some nice mixups to also help apply shield pressure, Knee breaks mid shields and has less endlag, raptor boost is faster, weaker but with superarmor - Raptor Boost out of dash is a thing now I think. Dair has less endlag and is safer on shield too. All in all Falcon is looking more polished in this game than in the previous one.

Buddy002

Smash Cadet
His air speed and momentum is a lot better, his dash dance is great, so better air and ground mobility. f-tilt, jab, and d-tilt out of dash are some nice mixups to also help apply shield pressure, Knee breaks mid shields and has less endlag, raptor boost is faster, weaker but with superarmor - Raptor Boost out of dash is a thing now I think. Dair has less endlag and is safer on shield too. All in all Falcon is looking more polished in this game than in the previous one.
Sounds like he's gonna be raw. Plus the natural buff he'll get from the new game mechanics and speed will be good as well. Can't wait for all the salt to come

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Just got SSB Ultimate and I'm making an Alpharad/Little Z-style montage right now.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Anyone ever notice how similar these themes sound? Captain Falcon's has a slower startup, but the CAPTAINS both got them badass tunes.

- Captain Falcon

- Captain America

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Our new Final Smash is looking kinda clean:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
YOOOOOOOO
I really want to believe that's real. Honestly, when they brought back Falcon's VA for that Min Min trailer just to make ramen slurping sounds, I though that was pretty weird? Like surely they didn't pay the man just for that? But maybe they did. I have a hard time being hopeful for F-Zero anymore, but I would really really like it if there's something to this!

Top Bottom