• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Up-Smash -> Up-Air -> Footstool Mix-up?

SpawnSean

Low Tier Hero
NNID
SpawnSean
Not sure if anyone has talked about this before, but it is a possible mix-up that can lead to high damage output or a possible death combo. I posted a video here showing a couple options Falcon has after landing the footstool. I used Sheik at 8% because after Up-Smash, the follow up full hop Up-Air puts Falcon in a position where a footstool can be performed quite easily. This was tested in training mode with the CPU Behavior on Stop. This might be a true combo if performed quickly enough, but I am labeling it as a Mix-up for now.

On a side note Falcon can True Combo an Up-Smash into Up-Air on Sheik as early as 16%. Credit to @Ryukred for this info. This CAN lead to a Footstool, but keep in mind I tested this with the CPU in training mode meaning if your recipient has proper DI you might not be able to get the footstool unless you chase after them with your second jump. Even then, after you get the footstool at their perfectly DI'd angle/height, they may be too high for the footstool to keep them from performing an aerial or just simply jumping away to negate they're tumbling/free-fall state. It is still a mix-up as far as I know. Once you land the footstool and they do hit the ground in their un-techable state, you can proceed with the same follow ups as before. Note that the opponent will be at a high percent meaning they can be KO'd at an earlier percent than what is presented in my video. This might be something worth exploring, but it is veeeeeery situational. This can obviously be improved on and I want to see what everyone can possible get out of the mix-up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom