• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Kick Ledge Cancel?

Hippie Doo Dangle Fang

Smash Rookie
So people probably already know this, but I haven't heard it discussed anywhere. So I've found that on battlefield if you stand on the middle of one of the side platforms, and falcon kick towards the other side platform, you'll do something akin to a ledge cancel if spaced properly. Now it's not totally a ledge cancel. But it does cancel the animation that Falcon usually gets when his falcon kick ends with him near a ledge, where he goes flying at a really ****ty angle downwards. Instead he does his kind of slow motion flip that he does after a horizontal falcon kick that ends off stage.

However, when he does this animation, he loses all forward momentum, and stays close to the ledge, you can then act of out this animation with any of his aerials off stage. You can also do this on Pokemon Stadium and fit in a quick knee on stage if timed properly.

Anyway, all I can think of in terms of usefulness for this would be for a flashy dropzone knee off stage, but I don't really know about animations and momentum and **** in this game, so that's why it's posed as a question. Anyone see any more use out of this?

Beastx

Smash Rookie
It's mainly just for style, I can't really see anyone using it in an actually competitive way.

Top Bottom