• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon has been buffed in latest patch (3.1.0)

GhostM

Phantom
These are all the patch note changes (v3.1.0) for Falcon:

- Side Tilt: More launch distance for opponents who are hit.
- Up Tilt: More faster.
- Knee: Increased high damage range.
- Bair: Has more kill potential, well technically more launch distance.
- Raptor Boost: Faster when you are closer to your opponent, has longer lasting super armor, opponents are in hitstun longer.
- Down Special (Both ground and air): Longer lasting hurtbox.

Sadly his initial dash nor his turn around speed have been tweaked, but at least we know he got buffed.

Last edited:

TKD

Smash Lord
If Fair sweetspot still isn't as large as the weak hit, then it doesn't matter much as it's still slower Rest (WHY, Nintendo).
Can't wait to learn whether that's the case or not.

If the Bair buff is significant, his marthritis may be gone (!!!). This sort of thing is what MAKES a good character.
If raptor boost combos into something now, you bet your buttocks we're adding that to our toolkit.

I hope someone publishes how big these changes are soon, because they're game changing if significant.
I can only speculate for now.

GhostM

Phantom
We just need initial dash speed and turn around buffs and Falcon could be top 10
True, but I don’t think they fixed Falcon’s raptor boost frame data as for some odd reason all other characters side B’s like Pit and Dark Pit come out on frame 2 during the attack animation, but falcons comes out frame 6 which is why it whiffs and misses when it’s not supposed to. I might be wrong but I feel like it still needs tweaking. Some other things like Rockcrocking need to be removed, and maybe a slight increase in his dash grab. All of those fixes and Falcon will be top 10.

Last edited:

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
True, but I don’t think they fixed Falcon’s raptor boost frame data as for some odd reason all other characters side B’s like Pit and Dark Pit come out on frame 2 during the attack animation, but falcons comes out frame 6 which is why it whiffs and misses when it’s not supposed to. I might be wrong but I feel like it still needs tweaking. Some other things like Rockcrocking need to be removed, and maybe a slight increase in his dash grab. All of those fixes and Falcon will be top 10.
I think they did fix it because it hasn't been missing since the patch. This is the only page that I could find with his frame data along with other things.
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Captain_Falcon_(SSBU)

GhostM

Phantom
I think they did fix it because it hasn't been missing since the patch. This is the only page that I could find with his frame data along with other things.
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Captain_Falcon_(SSBU)
Ah I see, they fixed Raptor Boost startup lag after getting close to an opponent. It activates now on frame 2 instead of 6, my apologies.

If Fair sweetspot still isn't as large as the weak hit, then it doesn't matter much as it's still slower Rest (WHY, Nintendo).
Can't wait to learn whether that's the case or not.
I believe I found something that shows how different his knee hitbox is after the patch. Judging by the looks of it, it’s bigger than weak knee.

EEB0A8EE-E5A6-440A-8325-CC12764DD5B1.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom