• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco vs Roy

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
Is this a good place to put this?
Im thinking about swiching my main for singles to falco. I use falco for doubbles, and he is pretty good.
Can any1 like give me some pros and cons to chosing roy over falco or vice versa. \

P.S. my doubles partner is all ways marth so. that why i used falco for it.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
roy combos are sexier than flaco combos. But falco is 10x better. Also, roy is really hard for teams, but so is falco. I usually tend to go with the character with the best camping skillz, but thats just how i play doubles.

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I think Falco just flat-out beats Roy. He has lasers, a really, really good spike, better recovery, better shield pressure, and has an easier time doing combos.

Roy has just a little bit more priority and has more power, but he's a slower character overall and his attacks leave a lot of room for punishment. Both characters have great KO power, but Falco has an easier time landing his KO moves.

Zodiac

Smash Master
play whoever you want. if your having trouble winning in singles then dont think it has to do with characters. work on mind games. if you still get *****, then use falco.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Well Falco is an actual character whereas Roy is just an aborted character with a toy sword.

Play both. Roy for friendlies, then break out Falco when ****'s about to go down.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
wait forget everything everyone esle said before includeing what i said, just play as who you have fun as not who you win as because if you only cared about winning this game would only be amazing not the greatest thing ever

wait forget everything everyone esle said before includeing what i said, just play as who you have fun as not who you win as because if you only cared about winning this game would only be amazing not the greatest thing ever
I thought it was implied that he had fun playing both characters?

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Falco is flat out better, but if you feel more comfortable with Roy then you should just keep maining him. I'd suggest using Falco as a secondary for any characters that give your Roy trouble if that's the case.

However if you want to have an overall better chance at winning I'd say pick up Falco because he has a better chance of success if you learn how to play him.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
roy combos are sexier than flaco combos. But falco is 10x better. Also, roy is really hard for teams, but so is falco. I usually tend to go with the character with the best camping skillz, but thats just how i play doubles.
Falco has great camping skillz. All he's gotta do is keep stationary and SHL. There ya go.

@Shadow1moon I think you know who u should choose by now. Roy sucks =P

j3ly

Smash Champion
roy has 0-death combo on fox and falco.

he can consistently kill them from a uthrow -> fsmash at around 50%
and from 0% utrow -> bthrow -> fsmash when they miss tech.
he has a sword on fire. the 2 highest priorities in the game. and it goes below the edge
his dtilt *****

falco has lasers and dair.

choose falco

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
wow, so many posts.
Phoenix that is so true!
Btw i have never playend in a tourney, so.... most of the posts are invalid?

Lol i love how this is so 1 sided. but roy is better in better hands(which i am not *Frouny face*)

I figured out why they have a mode called
TRANING!
oh and here is a video i found on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKrA6Qef6yM
see roy can win. that person had pro recovery skills

LSDX

Wah!
I'll box about that statement, gentleman (9'-')9

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
still a video, who cares when and where
its a video proving roy can beat falco.
Roy can beat Falco, but that doesn't mean that he's a better character. Any character can beat any character if the difference in skill is really that great. Taj has beaten a bunch of top tier characters with Mewtwo, but that doesn't mean Mewtwo is top tier.

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
True, so this means any chracter can be good.
It doesn't matter on the power of the character, it matters on the skill of the player.

Any tips for roy?

LSDX

Wah!
True, so this means any chracter can be good.
It doesn't matter on the power of the character, it matters on the skill of the player.

Any tips for roy?
Dtilt and DED are your friends, and your friends love to be abused.

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
Dtilt and DED are your friends, and your friends love to be abused.
Lol, so d tilt is tilting the what??

and DED is the side b combo. i dont think that is all to effective, might be my playing but eh.

EDIT: i figured out what d tilt is. I was practicing and figured out. its pretty useful.
I think nair is pretty usefull too

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Lets put it this way

Falco>Marth

Marth>>>Roy

Falco>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Roy

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
It might be better to look up the pros and cons in the character-specific guides.

Personally, I think it's a better idea to just start with Falco and then use Roy as a secondary after you get the hang of it, because Roy is harder to use overall.

Top Bottom