• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco vs Roy

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
Roy's B move is better then marths, it is instant ko, and a good edge guarding tool
Roy's up A is good, it can spike(if hit sweet spot) and sends them up in the air for good comboning, marths cant?
Roys run is better than marths becuaes he crouches down more and can doge projectles better.

More?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Mew2King did that to Kels in Friendlies and he's mew2king lol. I can use marth just as well as I can use roy. In fact because roy fastfalls he feels faster. I've busted him out in friendlies and beat some people but In tournament it would be doom. There is a reason M2K hasn't gone Roy against Armada, Mango, Zhu, SS, Darkrain, Jman...etc.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Roy's B move is better then marths, it is instant ko, and a good edge guarding tool
Roy's up A is good, it can spike(if hit sweet spot) and sends them up in the air for good comboning, marths cant?
Roys run is better than marths becuaes he crouches down more and can doge projectles better.

More?
If you are really expecting to hit with a fully charged neutral B, you must be playing people who are in a coma. Shield breaker is more useful on the fact it can do serious damage to shields and also edge guard in exactly the same way. And when tippered and charged, it has massive knockback as well.

Marth can just spike with his Dair, and use his Utilt, Uair and Uthrow to set up juggles. Being able to spike with a Usmash is a bit of a rubbish "positive point". Spiking ability isn't something you look for in a Usmash. It only comes in use if they run into it right by an edge, when Marth's SH Dair will do the same just as fast, with less lag.

Marth still ducks under quite a few projectiles. However, with powershielding not being too hard with practice, it isn't a huge point.

If Roy was better than Marth in as many areas as you think he is, do you not think Roy might be slightly higher on the tier list?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
To the OP:

Please don't make threads about how you're so indecisive about playing <top tier> because you find <low tier/bottom tier> is cool despite how much they suck and then make stupid, ludicrous, unrealistic arguments about how <low tier/bottom tier> can secretly succeed and surpass pre-existing boundaries.

Doing so basically shows that you clearly want to play <low tier/bottom tier> and are going to play them no matter what practical benefits come from playing <top tier>, and that opinions will be ignored if they support <top tier>, which counters the idea of asking for outside input.

If you've already made up your mind, good for you. Don't ask us to try and change it if you're not going to anyway.

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
To the OP:

Please don't make threads about how you're so indecisive about playing <top tier> because you find <low tier/bottom tier> is cool despite how much they suck and then make stupid, ludicrous, unrealistic arguments about how <low tier/bottom tier> can secretly succeed and surpass pre-existing boundaries.

Doing so basically shows that you clearly want to play <low tier/bottom tier> and are going to play them no matter what practical benefits come from playing <top tier>, and that opinions will be ignored if they support <top tier>, which counters the idea of asking for outside input.

If you've already made up your mind, good for you. Don't ask us to try and change it if you're not going to anyway.
Umm ok then, thats a lot to take in.
Well this was about how they would compair. I really dont care about tiers. Its just my opinon.
But I started this becuase i wanted to see what would be better as a main, since i smash so much.
I plan to main both of them, I just wanted to see how people would apply them to situational aspects in fights.
Not start a flame war about top tier is better then lower tier.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Umm ok then, thats a lot to take in.
Well this was about how they would compair. I really dont care about tiers. Its just my opinon.
But I started this becuase i wanted to see what would be better as a main, since i smash so much.
I plan to main both of them, I just wanted to see how people would apply them to situational aspects in fights.
Not start a flame war about top tier is better then lower tier.
If you want to know how they would compare in terms of success power, maybe you should look at the tier list and read some of the posts in the topic. If you did, you'd probably realize the better character might be the one that is often argued to be the best character in singles and that's roughly 19 spots above the other character and several tiers apart. Roy is argued by many to be bottom tier. They could literally be at opposite ends of the tier list. Given that nobody below the high end of mid tier does anything in the tournament scene in this day and age, I think it's safe to say that arguably bottom tier characters have no place in the winner's circle.

Even Taj goes Marth. Neo used a whole bunch of other characters too. Including top tiers. Like Marth. And Sheik. And that was when people weren't nearly as gay as they are now.

Roy isn't considered viable by anyone credible in this day and age. People that think otherwise don't understand that many low tier success stories were made possible by the underdeveloped metagame (absence of hyper conservative camping, crouch cancel abundance, lack of intelligent shield decisions, etc.), or the character secretly wasn't low tier. Like Ice Climbers in the early days.

If you want to see how people would apply them to situational aspects, I can save you time. Falco's laser, Shine, Dair, U-tilt, Bair, Nair, and smashes are all better than everything Roy has at all times. The only exception might be against Mr. Game & Watch or Pichu on Yoshi's Story, where Roy's D-tilt combos to reverse Up+B and KOs at 0 always. So against two garbage tier characters that nobody uses, on one stage, Roy is better because of an OHKO. Otherwise, Falco's repertoire of death and top tier madness is always better. Comparing Marth to Roy and whatever is pointless because you're not considering Marth. We're looking at Falco. Roy, minus those two extremely, extremely situational moments, is inferior to Falco in almost every way possible, in almost every situation possible.

Top Bottom