• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco vs Falcon Egde Guarding

Abszol

Smash Rookie
I wanted to hear everyones opinion on this "new tech" Ive been working on. Ive tested it on a good Upstate Falcon main and it seemed to work but Im not 100% sure of it being the best optimal way for successfully edge guarding Falcon.

So I dont have a video representation since my Internet sux and is too slow to upload, therefore Ill break it down.

In its simpilest form, its a run off shine bair, may jump off of stage to cover high recovery.
Why this? Playing/watching vods of Falcons, they always do a fade back to ledgr which is a great fake out if your not ready for it.

I was thinking that at the fade or even full recovery back if where at (zone 1 = upper third, zone 2 = middle/level with stage, zone 3 = lower/bottom/sweet spot) zone 1 you could jump shine, possibly stall position permitted then bair.

For zone 2 Ive been doing a run off shine stall to bair, not too low but just enough to where I can recover back without bait killing me.

For zone 3 I usually ledge grab but if they try from lower, then jump or up b to stage instead, I shine stall nair so I can put a bit more kick if they are close to the stage. Example would be yoshis.

What do you lads think, I want to 100 percent edge guard falcon and so far this is my favorite.
Of course I can ftilt, dsmash, others but Id tather snag them when their out rather than on or close to stage.

Swarles

Smash Rookie
From watching vods of Ginger and Druggedfox vs falcon I see them applying this technique all the time. Ginger is more a fan of your method, while it seems that DF likes to grab ledge.

Top Bottom