• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco vs. CPs

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright, so I've been playing MK on RCruise/Brinstar and against both Ice Climbers and Pikachu, but he's (thankfully) just been banned in my region. I've played Link on RCruise in more tournament matches in the past two years than I've played Falco there. So now I ask opinions on my options here:

1.) Play Falco on RCruise (Always ban Brinstar) and in those two match-ups (we have two power ranked ICs and a PRed Pikachu).
2.) Play my G&W in those situations who I play everywhere in friendlies and has no tourney experience. Gotta start somewhere.
3.) Break out that Marth that I've been working on for two months and really enjoy.
4.) **** it, play Link.
5.) Some hybrid of those options.

I have two months until my next tournament.

M@v

Subarashii!
First off, what region are you in?

Second, I don't think playing against pika or icies with falco is ever a good idea. Well on rainbow cruise the ice climbers will probably switch even with mk banned. GW is bad vs icies too. Marth's a good choice for both. If you want to put in the work in GW, watch Vinnie play GW.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Well if you were going to play Falco vs IC's Rainbow would be better than Brinstar for sure.

Personally I think with MK gone you need a new secondary for the IC's and Pikachu. I have been thinking about the same thing, and I have been playing Lucario a lot the past week. Of the 3 characters you listed, Marth is probably the best bet in the long run. He's a good character to deal with your bad MU's and if you got really good with him, he's also useful for the ones you don't like to play with your main.

Personally I wouldn't play Falco against his bad matchups or bother with Rainbow, but depending on the situation you could do it. I would say to just pick a secondary to use in tournaments...

Top Bottom