• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco super Wavedash

GanonMaster69

Smash Rookie
I did a super wave dash with Falco by clanking an early hitbox of his up b with falcons getup attack near the ledge.
Is this new tech?
Is it possible do in other situations and would it have any practical use at all?

AirFair

Marth tho
can we see a video? lol someone has to recreate this. Assuming it has to do with getup attack, I don't think it would be very practical.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Are you sure that it was a wavedash and not just the getup attack hitting you back onto the stage?

GanonMaster69

Smash Rookie
can we see a video? lol someone has to recreate this. Assuming it has to do with getup attack, I don't think it would be very practical.
Sorry I don't have a capture card or anything like that and I don't have dolphin either so I can't record stuff.
Are you sure that it was a wavedash and not just the getup attack hitting you back onto the stage?
I was sliding like how samus and pikachu slide when they do a super wavedash and slid most of the way across fod.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I was sliding like how samus and pikachu slide when they do a super wavedash and slid most of the way across fod.
Pikachu can't do a super wavedash.

Can you at least describe the conditions of what happened? Where was falco when he used his Up-B? What angle was he using (approximately)? Percents? Where was Falco when he got hit?

And btw you can probably use your phone to record if needed, pretty sure all smartphones have a video feature.

GanonMaster69

Smash Rookie
Pikachu can't do a super wavedash.

Can you at least describe the conditions of what happened? Where was falco when he used his Up-B? What angle was he using (approximately)? Percents? Where was Falco when he got hit?

And btw you can probably use your phone to record if needed, pretty sure all smartphones have a video feature.
I was by the ledge on the left side of FOD on stage I did my up and I was angling it to the right, then faclon hit me with his ledge attack, which clanked with an early hitbox of my up b, then I slid most of the way across the stage

and lol I actually don't have a cellphone

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
i think i know what you're talking about

pretty sure the hitboxes of firebird and something else trade and you keep momentum. it doesn't go far, but it looks funny.

i should read the rest of the posts before i post

Last edited:

GanonMaster69

Smash Rookie
i think i know what you're talking about

pretty sure the hitboxes of firebird and something else trade and you keep momentum. it doesn't go far, but it looks funny.

i should read the rest of the posts before i post
That sounds like what happened, I just never saw anything about it before.

Top Bottom