• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Super Spike?

~Daniee

Smash Rookie
NNID
YarsNinjaLink
3DS FC
2252-6622-6339

This insane glitch (I assume it's a glitch anyway.) Was performed during some friendlies with my friend and I, and I wanted to ask you all on your thoughts on this. I was Fox at 7% and my friend was Falco at 147%.

EDIT: My hitstun ends when my magnifying glass appears, I had also used my second jump.

EDIT NO.2: I recently discovered that rage is not present in Training Mode, which is where I tested it. So rage is a broken mechanic.

Last edited:

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
That's... Not a glitch. Falco's sideB is a spike. Knockback increases as % does. Since he was at 147%, he got sent very far by the spike. What's weird about this?

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
This has been present since 2001. One of his less practical spikes, but it does force people to think a little if they go for off-stage edge guards against you.

~Daniee

Smash Rookie
NNID
YarsNinjaLink
3DS FC
2252-6622-6339
What I meant was that I was Fox and my % was 7, I merely included Falco's % due to rage. If my % was 7 how did I take so much spike knockback? I best reason I can think of is the damaging frames of shine, (because I activated shine.) multiplied my knockback from the spike. That's probably not the case but though.

Last edited:

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Fox was in hitstun the whole time either.
Rage can do wonders, but Falco's phantasm isn't that strong to begin with. Especially at that percent.

~Daniee

Smash Rookie
NNID
YarsNinjaLink
3DS FC
2252-6622-6339
After testing this in training mode (friends didn't want to help) with my percent on 142% (closest I could get, but 5% wouldn't have changed much.) and Fox's % at 23 I can say that Fox recovered with ease without using his second jump. After a second test with me on 149% and Fox on 54%, after using his second jump he still recovered. I would also like to say that as soon as my magnifying glass popped up or around then I was out of hitstun.

EDIT: Turns out rage isn't in Training Mode. So Falco's spike killing at 7% makes rage sooooo broken

Last edited:
Top Bottom