• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco stage discussion (updated).

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Hello Falco mains, this is an updated stage discussion ( up to 2011 standarts.) There will be seperate threads for each stage so it will be organized. The stages will be shown alphabeticaly. And each thread will be staying on the discussion not going off topic. Here are the stages in order:

Battle field

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13407209#post13407209
Brinstar

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312386

Castle Siege

Delfino Plaza

Final Destination

Frigate Orpheon

Halberd

Lylat Cruise

Pokemon Stadium 1

Pokemon Stadium 2

Rainbow Cruise

Smashville

Yoshi Island (ssbb)

Any questions or if there is anything to add write on this thread and it will be added...

Other wise learn and enjoy this thread and the other threads to come.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Extras

Pictures will bo added under the name of the stages.

If wanted a new name for the thread.

Edit seperate threads according to this thread.

Video's of what falco can do on each stage. (If that is wanted).

As I said before if anything needs to be added or wants to be added, I will add it.

Edit: I will put URL under picture so click on the URL not the picture.

Edit: :falco: (these will be used for rating stages.)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I can cover with Ps1 and Ps2, as well as Character specific Mu's on those stages, I can also provide info on Frigate, Lylat, and mostly all the stages.
Mainly Ps1 and Ps2. I know them really well.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
I can cover with Ps1 and Ps2, as well as Character specific Mu's on those stages, I can also provide info on Frigate, Lylat, and mostly all the stages.
Mainly Ps1 and Ps2. I know them really well.
When I post the thread for them, do as you please, but be aware others will be posting information and so will I so try to do the second post.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I see an issue with the lack of direction here. This thread doesn't point anywhere. Instead of saying "Stages. Discuss." Point out WHAT should be discussed and add it to the OP.

What characters should you CP here? What characters are likely to CP you here? What interesting tricks can you do here? What does this stage do to affect your camp? What does this stage do to affect your boxing? Can it **** up your spacing?

You should provide basic information about the stage such as blast zone information. Hazards and what determines how the hazards will act. Known glitches. Stage transformations.

If this is a stage compendium, you should also expand the list to include stages that may return to the competitive scene such as Pictochat, Norfair, or Japes.

I don't agree with the concept of the thread at all as stages are MUUUUUUUUUUCH better to discuss in the context of a match-up than just on their own and that's what this will inevitably devolve into and we already have a match-up discussion thread rolling. However, if you want to try it, more power to you, but make sure you do it right. Put in the legwork.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, if we do this, you should take charge.
I wouldn't mind mostly because I'd like to let it get around to stages like Norfair eventually as I would like to see things I don't already know.

The other advantage to this thread is that it could be used to update the outdated guide.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I clicked the Images expecting the thread for each Stage, but I got brought to the Dojo.
Can someone else do this?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'll do it if I hear from enough people I know will actually be able to contribute useful information that they would support it.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Marlx said he'll post the first thread for a specific stage discussion in a few days, guys. Give him time.

Marlx, if you're serious about this, make sure you start with the neutrals so we can get those out of the way and move onto the more complex stages like Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar. I suggest the first thread should be Battlefield. When you post the thread, give us your own input on the stage and give us a subject to talk about concerning it; the pros, the cons, what characters we should take there, etc.. If you feel as if you don't wanna do all the work, I don't mind splitting the workload with Ryker. Maybe it'll get things done faster, who knows lol.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I see an issue with the lack of direction here. This thread doesn't point anywhere. Instead of saying "Stages. Discuss." Point out WHAT should be discussed and add it to the OP.

What characters should you CP here? What characters are likely to CP you here? What interesting tricks can you do here? What does this stage do to affect your camp? What does this stage do to affect your boxing? Can it **** up your spacing?

You should provide basic information about the stage such as blast zone information. Hazards and what determines how the hazards will act. Known glitches. Stage transformations.

If this is a stage compendium, you should also expand the list to include stages that may return to the competitive scene such as Pictochat, Norfair, or Japes.

I don't agree with the concept of the thread at all as stages are MUUUUUUUUUUCH better to discuss in the context of a match-up than just on their own and that's what this will inevitably devolve into and we already have a match-up discussion thread rolling. However, if you want to try it, more power to you, but make sure you do it right. Put in the legwork.
And this. : /

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, for one thing I am sure of is that I know the stages, so don't ridicule me because of my illiterate posts. I will change the pictures, SPELL CHECK, and I will get the discussion running. OKAY.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman

I will put in the leg work. Also all the explaining will be on each SEPERATE stage thread.
Got it Ryker?

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Marlx said he'll post the first thread for a specific stage discussion in a few days, guys. Give him time.

Marlx, if you're serious about this, make sure you start with the neutrals so we can get those out of the way and move onto the more complex stages like Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar. I suggest the first thread should be Battlefield. When you post the thread, give us your own input on the stage and give us a subject to talk about concerning it; the pros, the cons, what characters we should take there, etc.. If you feel as if you don't wanna do all the work, I don't mind splitting the workload with Ryker. Maybe it'll get things done faster, who knows lol.
Thats what I was going to do from the start.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Erm? Did this Die?
It's been 15 days since the last post and 13 since the last post on BF.

Top Bottom