• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falco Social (Where We Prefer The Air And The Points Don't Matter!)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't think I am going to get one.
Why not?
I pre-order mine from best buy as well but I haven't got an email yet when it gonna arrive so I Will when I get home from work.

If I get in a reasonable date I'll place my fe fates special edition pre order there as well
Is that Fire Emblem Fates special edition still open for preorder anywhere?

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Why not?

Is that Fire Emblem Fates special edition still open for preorder anywhere?
It's sold out online, but I went to GameStop two days ago and managed to get a pre-order.

I pre-order mine from best buy as well but I haven't got an email yet when it gonna arrive so I Will when I get home from work.

If I get in a reasonable date I'll place my fe fates special edition pre order there as well
You should make sure you're pre-order is okay, I got my email yesterday.

---------------------------------

Is there even a big demand for Falco's amiibo? I pre-ordered it just in case because I've been waiting ages for it. Btw, I'm down for trying to revive this thread, it's depressing how dead it is usually.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It's sold out online, but I went to GameStop two days ago and managed to get a pre-order.

You should make sure you're pre-order is okay, I got my email yesterday.

---------------------------------

Is there even a big demand for Falco's amiibo? I pre-ordered it just in case because I've been waiting ages for it. Btw, I'm down for trying to revive this thread, it's depressing how dead it is usually.
IDK about the Falco demand but I can imagine it being so/so since it's the last one of the non DLC characters but I always wanted to have the Falco amiibo first before anything else. And Falco boards being sleeping to deadish nothing new, it's has been the same way in the brawl days as well when Falco was a good character but a little worse. Also the Skype and Discord groups are the same way alot of the time.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
All the little Falcos getting massacred for Thanksgiving... ;_;

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't know if it is a wise investment for a little toy. I already have a Zelda Amiibo and that is good enough for me :) Do you guys have lots of Amiibos?
Not a lot of them. I do have plenty of them, mostly the rare ones like Rosalina, Robin and Shulk (Rare amiibos FTW!!)
All the little Falcos getting massacred for Thanksgiving... ;_;
I already had my Thanksgiving dinner this evening. I didn't eat Falco, though, if that's what you're implying...

Sepia_Trace

Smash Cadet
NNID
SepiatoneLie
I ate a ton of turkey and it was delicious :) Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving!

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
I got a Falco amiibo at the store, didn't need to pre-order. There were probably around 20, but obviously will vary.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I already have my Falco amiibo at launch. I must say I really like the quality of it and happy that it's in my collection now. Haven't started training him yet.

Sepia_Trace

Smash Cadet
NNID
SepiatoneLie
What are Falco's best laser combos? I keep trying some, but they are a total pain in my arse haha.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
What are Falco's best laser combos? I keep trying some, but they are a total pain in my arse haha.
They don't exist and aren't worth, unless your talking laser off of grabs, or laser while off stage. I'd only advice using lasers to catch someone off guard, force a little approach.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Lasers are decent combo extenders after something like an F-tilt or Nair. You can also laser lock large foes after a missed tech.

EDIT: On a different note, one interesting thing about falco I found is that he can followup his grab release with a tippered down Tilt. Does Falco have any use for this?

Last edited:

TunpaaG

Smash Rookie
NNID
TunpaaG
On lower % any airial is easy to connect with d-tilt. i pref n-air coz it's the fastes and are great for combos! :)

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
Sepia_Trace Sepia_Trace if your opponent's offstage and recovering high, Falco can link a Full Hop Laser into Fair. Also fthrow and Ftilt can lead into a laser lock at mid percents. Unfortunately, most of the laser's utility was removed in the transition from Brawl to Smash 4.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Other than the Smash final video presentation broadcasting this upcoming Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. U.S. eastern time, nothing much.

What's with the "sisters" thing?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Okay, now I really want the ability to make your own alt. Really digging the green jacket with pink highlights and greaves and white pants alt in this image.

As much as I like his purple pants and blue jacket alt, I miss his light blue alt he had in Melee and Brawl. Fox kind of still has his blue alt, but him being grey-furred is kind of weird since while there are grey foxes, they're not completely grey. Maybe an arctic fox would have been better if they really didn't want to keep Fox his red fox self. Also, never liked the black alts almost everyone has. At a certain point, all-black became really bland to me, especially since so many people use them. Been defaulting to Falco's regular outfit lately since while I like his other alts, I don't know, maybe it's just because so many people use his blue, black, white, and purple alts that it got weird... I deny being a hipster in any way. Orange and red are there since they're just one-tone unlike his others which have contrast and while I like green, it's a bit too vibrant for me which is probably why I like the fan-made one where it's a faded green. If it were up to me, I would replace his black alt with the green and pink one. His old blue alt I don't really know. Maybe his current blue one and have that "return" to Fox?

So, if you could make your own alt, what would it be? For one, Falco with a bomber jacket would be awesome.

Sepia_Trace

Smash Cadet
NNID
SepiatoneLie
I already like the orange jacket one, it reminds me of a hunting jacket :) But I wish there was a sepia tone skin haha

What's with the "sisters" thing?
It's just something I picked up on Smashboards. Do I look like an arse when I say it?

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Jeez this social is dead. Hello Falcos. I am a custom Falco main (can't use him with default). I play him in this and Brawl Minus. His uair is my favorite thing about this whole game

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's just something I picked up on Smashboards. Do I look like an arse when I say it?
I'm not gonna ask where exactly but okay.
Jeez this social is dead. Hello Falcos. I am a custom Falco main (can't use him with default). I play him in this and Brawl Minus. His uair is my favorite thing about this whole game
It's been dead since before I made my very first post here, which was like a year ago. Unfortunately, it'll be that way unless more people flies by here.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
well lets wake it up then! what are some DA combos? the angle is perfect for combos, but i cant ever get any.

11volt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MasterHector
3DS FC
3308-4758-8536
Switch FC
SW-6893-8714-9974
well lets wake it up then! what are some DA combos? the angle is perfect for combos, but i cant ever get any.
I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶b̶o̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶v̶i̶t̶a̶l̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶I̶z̶a̶w̶'̶s̶ ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶
̶-̶ ̶h̶t̶t̶p̶s̶:̶/̶/̶w̶w̶w̶.̶y̶o̶u̶t̶u̶b̶e̶.̶c̶o̶m̶/̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶?̶v̶=̶s̶p̶H̶W̶z̶-̶9̶F̶7̶c̶Q̶

Edit: I THOUGHT DA MEANT DOWN AIR. Stupid me. :facepalm:

DA is dash attack, isn't it... I think DA is used more within combos rather than a starter. D-throw -> DA is alright at lower %s.

Last edited:

LozNerd

Smash Apprentice
Often you can get Fair off dash attack, sometimes even into another fair/DJ lasers on the way down.

Sepia_Trace

Smash Cadet
NNID
SepiatoneLie
Happy new year Falcos! Let's get a Falco as champ of a major event this year :)

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Happy new year everyone!

So at this point in time, where do you think Falco lies in terms of viability?

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Happy new year everyone!

So at this point in time, where do you think Falco lies in terms of viability?
I'd say that he's lower-mid tier (even though I hate to use tiers when they're still not even fully established) and he's not seen very often because other characters simply have more tools than he does.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I think if he gets very good buffs then he will be able to unlock his potential. He needs more KO options :)
I think his kill options aren't bad, considering this meta where nobody has a hugely viable guaranteed kill setup. He has bair, fair, dtilt, uthrow to uair/bair/fair with an airdodge read, bthrow, dsmash, usmash and even uthrow and utilt at high percents. I think what he needs is a more solid nuetral, like some AC aerials useful in nuetral. or AC lasers? plz?

Sepia_Trace

Smash Cadet
NNID
SepiatoneLie
I think his kill options aren't bad, considering this meta where nobody has a hugely viable guaranteed kill setup. He has bair, fair, dtilt, uthrow to uair/bair/fair with an airdodge read, bthrow, dsmash, usmash and even uthrow and utilt at high percents. I think what he needs is a more solid nuetral, like some AC aerials useful in nuetral. or AC lasers? plz?
Please Sakurai let me use something other than nair in the neutral xD

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Please Sakurai let me use something other than nair in the neutral xD
ftilt, dtilt (a little short ranged for that though), and downb say hello. But yeah, I totally agree with you. I'll be posting a few brawl minus videos here soon (the quality might be pretty below average tho), and in Smash 4 you really miss the long and lingering range of brawl bair X.X (not that i'd give up the bair we have now)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 G3 shoutouts, all the people I know in this community keep me coming back for more! Perhaps we should play sometime as well!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Found it again! I like how Falco has a normal, kind of awesome-looking run in Star Fox Zero that mirrors his Star Fox 64 run. Even Assault had him run cooler than in Brawl and Smash 4. See, Nintendo and Platinum Games knows what's up when it comes to cool running animations.

This image also puts into perspective that Falco is still really, really tall. I'd actually be okay with Falco being taller in Smash, but they might have to change some things since he looks almost ZSS-height which would make him a large target. Welp, here's hoping Smash 5 uses Zero's designs and 64/Zero's running animation for Falco. Seriously, never got why he ran so weirdly. It looks fine for Sheik since she's running really fast and it's a variation - Fox, Greninja, and Sonic have the other with their arms hanging back - of how a stereotypical ninja would run and it's also fine in Melee since none of the Melee clones had unique running animations, but Falco's runs really slowly, so it looks really out of place in my opinion. A "fix" would be to swap it so his right arm is in back instead of in front so it'll look like he's always ready to draw his Blaster. That being said, I'd rather he run like a "normal" person like Ryu and Snake. For one, it looks less goofy, especially since he's not running fast and two, it could be a throwback to Star Fox 64's cutscene of the Star Fox crew running.

Top Bottom