• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco shffl help

Nokkturne

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit of a noob to the competitive smash thing. I just learned what a shuffle is and I'm able to do it albeit very inconsistently. I was wondering if when shffling with Falco (or any other character ig) would it be better to fastball and l cancel simultaneously or is it sequential?

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm a bit of a noob to the competitive smash thing. I just learned what a shuffle is and I'm able to do it albeit very inconsistently. I was wondering if when shffling with Falco (or any other character ig) would it be better to fastball and l cancel simultaneously or is it sequential?
Fast falling can only be done as you reach the peak of your jump, so it's important to learn that timing and visual cue so you know when you can input it as early as possible. The L-cancel timing of a SHFFL is later than the fast fall as it needs to be right before you land. I recommend practicing the fast fall and L-cancel timing separately so you can learn each of them properly. Practice fast falling at the peak of your jump, then practice L-cancelling a SH without fast falling, then once you are comfortable with each of them on their own, combine them and due the full SHFFL. Don't get impatient and try to do everything at once; dividing things up may feel tedious, but you'll end up saving yourself time in the long run.

Nokkturne

Smash Rookie
Fast falling can only be done as you reach the peak of your jump, so it's important to learn that timing and visual cue so you know when you can input it as early as possible. The L-cancel timing of a SHFFL is later than the fast fall as it needs to be right before you land. I recommend practicing the fast fall and L-cancel timing separately so you can learn each of them properly. Practice fast falling at the peak of your jump, then practice L-cancelling a SH without fast falling, then once you are comfortable with each of them on their own, combine them and due the full SHFFL. Don't get impatient and try to do everything at once; dividing things up may feel tedious, but you'll end up saving yourself time in the long run.
Thanks a lot, after reading your response and practicing for a It I've been able to consistently perform it, even with human players.

Top Bottom