• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco PM specific techniques ?

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Hi again. I don't see a General falco discussion thread for PM, so I guess it's fine to create a threat for this.

I'm from Melee, I haven't practiced any PM tech like DACUS b-reverse etc. I wanted to know if there is anything interesting falco can do in PM that you can't in Melee. Thanks !

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
I don't use B-Reverses or DACUS as much as I probably should, but I find Falco's laser game to be a bit more 'lock-down' if you b-reverse your lasers and end up right in front of them. Could really screw up someone who isn't expecting it.
The only real time I use DACUS is to scoop up someone from a distance who missed a tech (better to laser reset, 9/10, but I like to try and swag on my opponent too much, lol), and maybe use it very rarely as just a surprise approach.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
There isn't much he can do in PM aside from what you mentioned. He feels and plays very much the same. Other than those, a lot of the things he can do in Melee are much easier to do in this game. Approaching with reverse back-air is a big one. Because you can simply flick the control stick back before you jump out of a sprint to change the way you're facing when you jump, it makes a lot of things easier. Don't need to use shine to change directions. And b-reversing your lasers causes your aerial momentum to shift as well. Which can throw your opponent off. Multishining is also slightly easier to pull off.

A big difference that you should note: Fox and Falco no longer have invincibility frames on their shine. So keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if this was in Melee but if on-stage you Phantasm low to the ground and you're airborne, when you fall off-stage close enough to the edge, Falco will grab the ledge. Works for shortens as well but it's riskier given the difficulty of getting the precise distance you want when you want it. It's fairly easy to space properly when you pay attention to certain visual cues the stage gives in terms of your position and its distance from ledge.

Top Bottom