• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Pivot Phantasm/Laser Shenanigans.

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
I was playing around with Falco and I found out some weird phantasm pivot thing. First, something everyone probably knows, is Phantasm Pivoting. After walking/trotting/dashing you SideB to the opposite direction, giving you a nice little slide before zipping forth. It can also be short hopped (Works great when running away and confusing opponents). Second, something I think nobody has mentioned yet. (I deserve to be wrong if otherwise). While standing/walking/trotting/dashing, SideB to the opposite direction, and very immediately smash the circle pad to the direction you were standing/walking/trotting/dashing. You'll get a weird little fake-out phantasm tech right there. Lastly, while practicing this, I will sometimes get a pivoted laser shot, without Falco doing that turning slide. I have no idea how I executed these as I keep trying, but it exists (It happens to me at 0:43). It also seems to work when dashing forward, where he comes to a complete halt and shoots. If anyone can clarify these, I'd be more than happy to. Anyways, here's a recorded session, see for yourselves:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The thing you did at 0:43 was a b-reversed laser. You pressed b before the direction, which caused the shift in momentum instead of phantasm.

Last edited:

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
The thing you did at 0:43 was a b-reversed laser. You pressed b before the direction, which caused the shift in momentum instead of phantasm.
Awesome, thanks for clarifying that!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
try doing those in the air for momentum shenanigans.

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
Does this pivot thing work for fox too?
Everything here is also possible with Fox too, yes, although it's a bit harder to pull off, the may be because I'm more used to Falco than Fox.

Last edited:

ShadowMarth-JTW

Smash Rookie
B-reversal is a universal technique. All characters can perform it. The result may vary due to the nature of each characters Neutral B

Last edited:

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
B-reversal is a universal technique. All characters can perform it. The result may vary due to the nature of each characters Neutral B
Yeh, I found out sooner. Well... this thread is now useless. Eheheh...

Shabacka

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2964-8612-1063
Anyone here tried b-reversing Fire Bird? Since Fire Bird carries horizontal momentum pretty well, you can use it to easily assist in vectoring or to convert the momentum off a Phantasm to the other direction.

Top Bottom