• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Mod 1.01

Nick Mang

Smash Rookie

Falco 1.01

+Utilt hitbox changed back to orginal
+Dtilt knockback increased even further
-Upsmash damage decreased
~Upsmash knockback decreased
~Upsmash knockback scaling decreased
+Bair first hit knockback scaling increased
~Short hop shortened
~Full hop lengthened
-Second jump shortened
-Dash and run speeds decreased
~Weight increased
+Fall speed increased

Updated to seem more like melee falco. Let's see if this can turn into a legit alt.

DL: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1v8-G-HVaOCVzQ4N0J5RTcwSGM

Enjoy.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
THIS IS AMAZING!!!! Great work man!! Cyjorg Cyjorg do you think this can be implemented to polygon fox in 19XX? To make faco and fox both in? Duuuuuuude this is soooooo sick!

Sedda

Smash Champion
Pretty cool!

could shine be changed for falco only to be jump cancelled instead of land cancelled? fox already has a relatively easy time combos vertically off the ground with uairs and utilts, so jump cancelled shine could help create actual pillar combos in 64

Nick Mang

Smash Rookie
THIS IS AMAZING!!!! Great work man!! Cyjorg Cyjorg do you think this can be implemented to polygon fox in 19XX? To make faco and fox both in? Duuuuuuude this is soooooo sick!
Thanks man! Sadly, due to the way things are coded, fox and polygon fox appear to share the same hitbox data in the ROM. I could still possibly edit the RAM when polygon fox is picked, but I'd probably need assembly and then know how to give polygons b moves.

Pretty cool!

could shine be changed for falco only to be jump cancelled instead of land cancelled? fox already has a relatively easy time combos vertically off the ground with uairs and utilts, so jump cancelled shine could help create actual pillar combos in 64
I tried that a long time ago, but ended up with a shine that could be spammed out of any action. I'll look into it soon.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
@everyone

N Nick Mang already messaged me asking about this and explained the problem with shared hitbox data. Not that this means much, but I do plan on (with Nick's help hopefully) looking into coming up with a solution but it's highly improbable.

Good work Nick, looks good.

Madao

Only if I got permission from the mod creator, but that would be nice to add.
There's no need to ask permission from that guy. I highly doubt he figured all of that out on his own. He should have shared his information like the rest of us have.

I would if there was a download for it...
Here's a patch to get his changes. It's fairly buggy though.

Seems like it will be a hassle extracting the rom and figuring out what he changed..

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
There's no need to ask permission from that guy. I highly doubt he figured all of that out on his own. He should have shared his information like the rest of us have.

Here's a patch to get his changes. It's fairly buggy though.

Seems like it will be a hassle extracting the rom and figuring out what he changed..
I have the Falco model file on my desktop at home. That's all we need afaik right?

Madao

I have the Falco model file on my desktop at home. That's all we need afaik right?
That should be all we need. I'm curious to see which files are used for fox's texture / model data.

I'd like to see more files mapped out so that we can know what files are needed to be editted for certain things. I'm thinking it's about time we all contribute to a wiki and document as much info as we can. One thing I really want to find is animation data. Being able to edit animations would be awesome.

D

Deleted member

Don't take this the wrong way, but why are people so fixated on Falco? There are MANY awesome characters out there, that would be awesome to implement.

Journal

Smash Apprentice
Step by step for how to use for a guy who isn't that great with technology?

tehz

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see more files mapped out so that we can know what files are needed to be editted for certain things. I'm thinking it's about time we all contribute to a wiki and document as much info as we can.
I was thinking about starting something on the data crystal wiki. If nothing I can copy over zoinkitty's file list, and people could start identifying what's in a file or on what screen a file is loaded, etc.

Agent0fArtifice

Smash Rookie
wow man, this is incredible. How did you get started doing this? Are there any tutorials that you could point me to?

Also, I the background for the stages is kinda messed up when using the mod: a ton of black lines run through it horizontally. I'm running it on Project64, any way to fix this?

Last edited:

Madao

I was thinking about starting something on the data crystal wiki. If nothing I can copy over zoinkitty's file list, and people could start identifying what's in a file or on what screen a file is loaded, etc.
I'll have to check out that wiki you're talking about. This was the wiki I had in mind. Although I do remember using some other wiki to.

wow man, this is incredible. How did you get started doing this? Are there any tutorials that you could point me to?
I recommend starting by checking out the smash64 index thread and read through some of the threads linked. There's a lot of information available, to get you started.

Also, I the background for the stages is kinda messed up when using the mod: a ton of black lines run through it horizontally. I'm running it on Project64, any way to fix this?
That is caused by Jabo's video plugin. My advice is to either use Rice Video, Glide64, or GLideN64 instead of Jabo's. The problem is Jabo 1.6 is that when the crc is different, it causes those Black Horizontal lines. Also, if you're using Project64 1.7 or 2.x, you can use Jabo 1.7.0.56 (which I actually like the most for Super Smash Bros). Basically, don't use Jabo D3D8 1.6.

B Link

Smash Lord
So apparently this crashes on ever drive with the Falco polygon hack. I'm kind of surprised that it can work on emulator but not on console. The crash apparently occurs when your hand goes over Falco in the CSS. I'm assuming it's because the model pops up under 1p, 2p, etc., and for some reason the game can't handle it. If anyone has any ideas about this feel free to let me know. People really want this to work on console.

Last edited:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
. I'm kind of surprised that it can work on emulator but not on console
welcome to n64 emulation. N64 emulators are, in general, very awful, and don't really emulate anything at a low level (see also: every SM64 hack in existence). Luckily for us, this makes every low-level bug like this next to impossible to debug. This bug sounds very similar to a bug I've been dealing with when trying to load custom code on the CSS. I'm guessing it has something to do with how sensitive the game is with DMA timing (or heap allocation or idk) when loading models, animation data, etc., but I don't really know a good way around it. But, I really have no idea.

Last edited:

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
Don't take this the wrong way, but why are people so fixated on Falco? There are MANY awesome characters out there, that would be awesome to implement.
If I were to make an assumption here, I think the reason people are working on Falco right now is because he's just a Fox clone so he's easy to implement. I'm sure that as the modding community progresses and learns new things about how the game's data works, they'll try to add more characters.

Moosh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moosh_da_moosh
3DS FC
3995-6503-8179
Do you guys need help with debugging or beta testing? I own a tournament venue where we play ssb64 multiple times a week and have a weekly so I have a great test environment. I also have a lot of free time and am willing to learn how to do whatever needed to help out. Really interested in helping this move along as well as helping get more characters added! (Marth, DDD, Bowser?)

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
If I were to make an assumption here, I think the reason people are working on Falco right now is because he's just a Fox clone so he's easy to implement. I'm sure that as the modding community progresses and learns new things about how the game's data works, they'll try to add more characters.
Well I for one, have no interest, and will not be using it.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I think projects like this are an insult to Nintendo. What's wrong with just playing the game the way it's supposed to be played? Why do people always feel the need to alter, the original creation, rather than just appreciate it for what it is? Please just leave it alone. If you don't like the game, then just play something else.
(From Project Shark thread)^

Well I for one, have no interest, and will not be using it.
N Nick Mang ignore Cuddly. She's probably trolling and if not, shouldn't be taken seriously. Keep doing what you're doing.

mix-uh

Smash Rookie
hahah i guess follwing kero on twitter has its benefits. this is cool

only played a li'l bc comp cant run n64 emulator at 60fps it seems, but the bird is even more of a glass cannon than fox with that reduced 2nd jump and upb???
hitsun is ridic u can combo shine into another shine/dair without canceling lag of 1st shine

good stuff hacker dude, imma oc my comp so it runs at 60fps or sth

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
hahah i guess follwing kero on twitter has its benefits. this is cool

only played a li'l bc comp cant run n64 emulator at 60fps it seems, but the bird is even more of a glass cannon than fox with that reduced 2nd jump and upb???
hitsun is ridic u can combo shine into another shine/dair without canceling lag of 1st shine

good stuff hacker dude, imma oc my comp so it runs at 60fps or sth
What emulator are you using? Even low end PCs should be able to run PJ64 at 60 fps with the right settings and plugins

oceanz11

Smash Rookie
To attempt it on ED, would I first have to patch the falco **** to a SSB ROM first and then throw that on the SD card?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
that is correct
Best Performance
  • Glide64 Final
  • Azimer's HLE Audio
  • Zilmar's RSP (default)
  • Make sure you configure the graphics plugin to show texture enhancement options. Then you'll have an extra tab to change more options. Goto the texture enhancement tab and click on the button that gives best performance and it should improve framerate once you saved the settings. There's also another button for best texture quality. There's no need to touch the other plugins. Recommended for most emulators.
So these are the plugins you're going to want to download and try. You just open your PJ64 folder and drop them in the "Plugins" folder to "install" them.

Madao

Glide64 is slower than Jabo's. mix-uh's best hope is to use either 1964 or PJ64 2.2 (latest github version), and use Rice Video.

Next week, I can fix up PJ64 2.2k and optimize it, to make it run SSB faster and also fix up Rice Video, by incorporating other people's code. If you're interested in this, let me know M mix-uh .

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Glide64 is slower than Jabo's. mix-uh's best hope is to use either 1964 or PJ64 2.2 (latest github version), and use Rice Video.

Next week, I can fix up PJ64 2.2k and optimize it, to make it run SSB faster and also fix up Rice Video, by incorporating other people's code. If you're interested in this, let me know M mix-uh .
Well this is awkward

mix-uh

Smash Rookie
Glide64 is slower than Jabo's
that's what came to mind since glide was the first? to show the invincible frames
tried it regardless, no cigar

tried pj2.2 with rice but same thing. dont worry about optimizing it, my comp is probably trash already

Madao

that's what came to mind since glide was the first? to show the invincible frames
tried it regardless, no cigar

tried pj2.2 with rice but same thing. dont worry about optimizing it, my comp is probably trash already
Yes, that's partly why Glide64 is slower. Another reason however, is because it was made for Glide (video cards), so in order to use it on our computers, we have to use a wrapper (which slows down performance). Jabo's 1.7.0.56 also shows invincibility and all that. It's my favorite video plugin for SSB because it has good graphics and better performance. Glide64 is still more accurate, but Jabo's 1.7.0.56 is accurate enough for my standards. Jabo's 1.7.0.56 is a little slower than Jabo's 1.6, but not by much.

Anyway, I'm really surprised that even pj642.2 with rice doesn't get you full speed. You mind posting your specs? I'd really jus be interested in your cpu, ram, and OS. I assume you have intel integrated graphics. Do you at least get closer to full speed with Pj64 2.2 + Rice Video?

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
I have been living under a rock *^*
This is amazing work!

I'm seeing people on kaillera load Super Smash Bird 0.2 and playing Falco. Is that a derivative of this?

Top Bottom